westmorelands clint brown

Guest fatboy2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 4th&goal

I 7's, be carefull about best evers. There once was a guy named Bryan Graves who graced the field at westmoreland high. Any oldtimers remember the legend?

Yea, Coach Graves is currently our Wide Reciever/Secondary coach. And yes that is why I said he is "probably" the best player ever to play here because I never got to see Coach Graves play but I have heard plenty of stories. And he can still launch it pretty far throwing practice to Wide Recievers. DK, where are you from?

• 1 year later...

I played with Clint my 8th grade year, he was in 7th grade then. I knew he had talent back then before we played our first season. I don't know exactly what his stats were that season in middle school, but I wouldn't be surprised if he average 250-300 yards rushing a game that season. Fast lil ###### back then...good to hear that he went on to do awesome in High School and win Mr. Football back to back!

• 2 weeks later...
Yea he is probably the best player to ever play here. It's amazing for someone to win Mr.Football but for someone to win it twice is unreal. He came to one of our practices last fall and said he was finishing up college and looking for a teaching and coaching position. Unfortunately, there wasn't one at Westmoreland. Have any of you guys seen the '95 Highlight film? It is on the TV half of the time we are in the locker room. He was amazing. The best play of his I think is against Smith Co. ( I think ) when he tip-toed to about the three yard line then laid out and knocked the pile-on over, but his foot was outta bounds, too bad.

340441[/snapback]

Catalyst I was on the team that ended Westmorelands state hopes in '95. Were there any highlights from the Westmoreland @ Meigs game on the tape. It was a heck of a game. I got my hands on a tape of that game about a week ago and it was a battle for the both of us. We scored with 27 sec. on the clock to win. Clint and the rest of that team were very good and if that game was played 10 times I believe that it would split 5 - 5. We kept Clint covered up in that game by putting our 2 yr runner up Mr. Football candidate (Tyrone Jenkins) man to man with him. That game has to be considered the best match-up I have ever seen or played in. Best wishes to Clint and everybody else that played on that team.

Edited by jwinston