westmorelands clint brown

Guest fatboy2

Guest fatboy2

i saw this kid play ever since he was in 7th grade was a great high school athlete footabll and baseball. could have played both in college. one of the fastest on-field players ive seen in a while.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i heard clint was still in school and looking to find a job teaching and coaching in westmoreland or somewhere close. i hope so. amazing athlete with great vision/understanding and amazing knowledege of the game=good coach.hope he comes home soon. can someone tell what happened with him at UT? ive still never figured out how someone with that much talent couldnt atleast return kicks for them. and what about some others from the class of 95 where are they now?any body remember that punt return against trousdale?can you say wow.

Don't remember a punt return against Trousdale. Played against Clint. Same age as Clint. He did not return a punt againt us. Good guy. Hope he gets in coaching. Others I know is Cory Dobbs has a good job with a company that sells hauling trucks. Lives in Gallatin area. PLayed at Cumberland Univ. ;)

I once spoke to Clint about U.T. and he said that every skilled position player up there was as fast or fater than he was and they were bigger. Thats what happens when you get to that level. Clint was a great player and I would have liked to have seen him play somewhere a little smaller than UT. He would have been a very good OVC player. I went to the trousdale game that year and I remember him making a big play offensively but I can't remember if it was on a punt or what.

What happened to his older brother? Another Great athlete. Saw him pick a runner off while playing catcher once. He was on his knees and the boy on our team was only about 10-15 feet off second. He threw a strike to second and to this day the boy still does not know what happened.

• 2 weeks later...

the play against trousdale wasnt for a touchdown it was just a great highlight.i may be wrong though it might have been an interception or something but none the less he broke like 8 tackles and somebody finnaly got lucky and made a shoestring tackle on him. there were so many great plays he made i get them confused sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea he is probably the best player to ever play here. It's amazing for someone to win Mr.Football but for someone to win it twice is unreal. He came to one of our practices last fall and said he was finishing up college and looking for a teaching and coaching position. Unfortunately, there wasn't one at Westmoreland. Have any of you guys seen the '95 Highlight film? It is on the TV half of the time we are in the locker room. He was amazing. The best play of his I think is against Smith Co. ( I think ) when he tip-toed to about the three yard line then laid out and knocked the pile-on over, but his foot was outta bounds, too bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Clint has his degree from UT and is currently looking for a job. Clint kinda of got a raw deal coming out high school. Clint was leaning towards Western Kentucky when coach Cutcliff called Clint's home and Clint was playing summer-league baseball and was hard to reach. Finally contact was made and coach Cutcliff asked Clint to walk on. Everyone thought that since he would be an invited walk-on he would get a good shot to play. Clint got moved to DB and his coach was Rodney ?????, now at GU. I guess that Clint didn't fit the description of an SEC DB, this and him not seeing eye to eye with his position coach discouraged him so much that he ended up not returning after his freshman season. He transferred to UTC and then burned out on football all-together. He could bust a game open at anytime(punt or kickoff returns, running or recieving, or on defense). Some people say he couldn't play in 5A, those people never seen him play. There is not that much difference in taking a punt for a TD in 2A or 5A, its not like you have to break 5 or 6 tackles. This is where he would have been most effective(punt returns), in college. Clint's older brother Ken is a half- partner in a finance company called American Liberty Morgage Group, and is doing great. (To find out more info go to www.americanlibertymortgagegroup.com). This is a factual report because I grew up with Clint and Ken.(and not made up like still washing cars in sumner co. or something).