CENTENNIAL vs. FRANKLIN

CHS 2007

I agree Philly, Franklin's depth should assure them of the victory. But if FHS lets CHS keep hanging close, like they did Brentwood & The Burros, I think that could spell trouble. We may find ourselves in a 4th quarter see-saw battle & realize that we miss the kind of Senior Leadership that we've enjoyed for the last 2-3 years. Hopefully, FHS will pull out to an early double digit lead and then maintain it with their depth!

GO REBELS!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think the leadership on this team comes from the junior class. Yes, it would be nice to have some senior leadership, but that is not going to hurt us due to the fact that these kids have stepped up all season long.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little suprised the thread has stayed this civil. Usually in CHS/FHS threads, everyone is trying to rip each other's heads off by now. Then we usually see pages worth of random stats that somehow translate into a 20 point margin of victory for whatever team you're cheering for. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I kinda miss those posts....

Final thoughts for tonight. Both teams are playing lights out basketball. Franklin's got the 45 game district streak that everyone and their mom wants to break. I always sort of cheered for Franklin this year so that we would be the one's to end it. We got a very good chance, and if we can be smart and stay patient, I think we can take this one.

After that exciting 17 - 17 tie @ the end of one, CHS took a 21 to 20 lead into the half. Can you believe that 3 points for FHS & 4 for CHS in the 2Q. Then franklin started to pull away in the 3Q with 25 points (go figure) to take a 45 to 39 lead that they would never give up. Final margin of victory: FHS - 64 / CHS - 57!!

WAY TO GO - REBELS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Franklin wins 64-57.

Game started off even, with both teams going back and forth through the first quarter. Both teams went cold in the second, but Centennial managed to take the lead into halftime after a buzzer-beating putback by Stroop. The third quarter started the same as the first, with both teams going back and forth. However, sloppy play from Centennial combined with the hard-press from Franklin, got Franklin going a pretty big run, and the Rebels took an 8 point lead into the fourth. Centennial managed to get within a basket twice in the final 3 minutes, but back to back clutch baskets from Kevin Kegarise prevented them from getting any closer. Two bad turnovers in a row clinched CHS's fate, and Franklin spent the last minute at the foul-line.

Just a side note. Centennial is now 0-2 all time when their fans fight with the Franklin step-team.....

Franklin wins 64-57.

Game started off even, with both teams going back and forth through the first quarter. Both teams went cold in the second, but Centennial managed to take the lead into halftime after a buzzer-beating putback by Stroop. The third quarter started the same as the first, with both teams going back and forth. However, sloppy play from Centennial combined with the hard-press from Franklin, got Franklin going a pretty big run, and the Rebels took an 8 point lead into the fourth. Centennial managed to get within a basket twice in the final 3 minutes, but back to back clutch baskets from Kevin Kegarise prevented them from getting any closer. Two bad turnovers in a row clinched CHS's fate, and Franklin spent the last minute at the foul-line.

Just a side note. Centennial is now 0-2 all time when their fans fight with the Franklin step-team.....

What's up with ya'll raggin our step team???

It was a great game to watch. Much better than the FOOTBALL games. And I suspect that Kelly's foot was not 100%. The season ending game @ CHS should be even more exciting. A win by CHS would set up an awesome tie-breaker in the District tournament! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Aside from the classless acts by the CHS faithful, it was a pretty entertaining game on Hillsboro road. Bottom line though, Franklin still gets it donE no matter what. After a bad second qrtr, the Rebels re-grouped and came away with yet another district win. Note to self, and others, Kegarise might shoot a three, so you may want to guard him. Same song, different lyrics, Franklin wins again. Congrats to Jay Johnson, his staff, and the players. 46 Strait district wins is just plain sick.

Aside from the classless acts by the CHS faithful, it was a pretty entertaining game on Hillsboro road. Bottom line though, Franklin still gets it donE no matter what. After a bad second qrtr, the Rebels re-grouped and came away with yet another district win. Note to self, and others, Kegarise might shoot a three, so you may want to guard him. Same song, different lyrics, Franklin wins again. Congrats to Jay Johnson, his staff, and the players. 46 Strait district wins is just plain sick.

The class thing works both ways. When Centennial held the ball for a last shot at the end of the first half, a large portion of the Franklin student section showed their displeasure by shaping their hands to simulate a certain part of the female anatomy. Several adults around me were laughing and agreeing. Too bad eveyone at FHS fails to reflect the class of Jay and his team.

The class thing works both ways. When Centennial held the ball for a last shot at the end of the first half, a large portion of the Franklin student section showed their displeasure by shaping their hands to simulate a certain part of the female anatomy. Several adults around me were laughing and agreeing. Too bad eveyone at FHS fails to reflect the class of Jay and his team.

Funny. I seem to remember a certain Jay-led team pulling that same trick at the end of the game last year, so that's kind of ironic that the Franklin fans would think that sort of thing. Oh well. The adults who were laughing I'm okay with, as they're obviously two immature to see the real thing.

And just for the record, the whole "Let's Play Football" chant is getting kinda old. Especially when you're team is getting ripped by 15 points (Independence). This is Basketball.

Yeah, Kegs got open alot off the pick. Ty was on his tail the whole night, but on at least three of his 3-point attempts, I saw someone set a pick for him, which gave him a few extra seconds to get a good shot off.

I think the dis-respect started with Centennial fans mocking the FHS dance and step teams, that kind of got the ball rolling. Lets talk about basketball now! Franklin got timely shooting, key defensive stops, and clutch free throws to close out the game. Eric Brown's steal late in the 4th iced the contest. After scoring only 3 points in the 2nd qrtr the REBELS exploded in the 3rd. If you can't beat the Rebels after they only put up 3 in a quarter then you might be in trouble.

Nice win by the junior laden Rebels. Buisness as usual next week as the Rebels go to Hillwood Tuesday and then come home Friday to face another (upset minded) Ravenwood squad. When does Franklin gain respect? Are fans going to continue to predict the Rebels fall from grace?