District 11A

thenomad

From what I heard of the Culleoka/C.A. game is that they DOMINATED for a half but even with the starters in early 3rd quarter, CA matched them in points. I agree with you 100%, a win is a win; however, as a basketball fan, I see this team having a good chance of being upset, if they don't come to play every night. The same can be said for Moore Co. too. Be far, these two teams are the best two teams in the mid-state. BUT, they are not controlling games the way they did last season. Yes the district is stronger than in past years, but the other teams are closing the gap. Culleoka and Moore Co. can not just get excited about playing each other or they will be upset by somebody.

All I am saying about Culleoka is, I have yet to hear about how Culleoka just dismantled a team of credibility as I have from the west. Culleoka will have to step it up the next 4 weeks if they want to reach state and compete.

culleoka didnt let ca score a single point until about 3 minutes to go in the first half...the 2nd half the whole starting lineup was never back in...a starter or two played here and there...please dont compare that game....culleoka has beaten marshall co. a very good team....had moore co. in the bag until a buzzer beater hit....and i believe weve won every other game we were supposed to win....i dont see the problem...culleoka and moore co. are two of the best teams in the state in A ball....i think richland has improved alot however i dont see how beating cornersville by 16 isnt handling them....and culleoka has always played to the level of their opponent...

look at last year we lost to a fairview team that went like 4-20??? culleoka comes to play tournament time....if you watch our games i think what mario is doing is genius...mario isnt looking to dominate games....against moore co at the start he came out and blitzed moore co. and got us out to a huge lead....but hes getting everyone involved and getting everyone touches...kind of like a point guard is supposed to do...

and im tired of ppl saying "if mario's so good he needs to always dominate instead of just when he WANTS to"....hes not a ball hog...hes an excellent point guard...and say what you want about culleoka now...because come tournament time i promise you culleoka will be poised for a deep run

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

culleoka didnt let ca score a single point until about 3 minutes to go in the first half...the 2nd half the whole starting lineup was never back in...a starter or two played here and there...please dont compare that game....culleoka has beaten marshall co. a very good team....had moore co. in the bag until a buzzer beater hit....and i believe weve won every other game we were supposed to win....i dont see the problem...culleoka and moore co. are two of the best teams in the state in A ball....i think richland has improved alot however i dont see how beating cornersville by 16 isnt handling them....and culleoka has always played to the level of their opponent...

look at last year we lost to a fairview team that went like 4-20??? culleoka comes to play tournament time....if you watch our games i think what mario is doing is genius...mario isnt looking to dominate games....against moore co at the start he came out and blitzed moore co. and got us out to a huge lead....but hes getting everyone involved and getting everyone touches...kind of like a point guard is supposed to do...

and im tired of ppl saying "if mario's so good he needs to always dominate instead of just when he WANTS to"....hes not a ball hog...hes an excellent point guard...and say what you want about culleoka now...because come tournament time i promise you culleoka will be poised for a deep run

I havent seen a lot of Culleoka games this year, but the games that i have seen have been a bit differant from the few i saw last year. i always keep up w/ their scores and they may not be beating people by as much as they did last year. but what i saw tonight answered any questions i may have had about the team. GOOD JOB BOYS!!!! way to work as a TEAM to overcome a hostile crowd (thats a compliment. 1st time to your gym and i loved the atmosphere) some questionable "no calls" and a deficit against a GREAT MC team. I wouldnt dare blame the officials if we had lost because we did make plenty of mistakes, but we showed a lot of character and heart in the 2nd half to overcome what we got into in the first half. Im not going to place any wagers on a state championship yet... but we have the experience (that we didnt have a year ago), and we are comming together as the year goes on. what more can you ask of these boys?!? once again... very impressed w/ moore county! i wish you folks and your boys all the best! i want our boys to get the district and region titles and a trip to state, but if we have to finish 2nd to anyone in those first two goals, i cant think of a better team than you all! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN DISTRICT TOURNAMENT!!!!

I have never denied who the top two teams are in the district. I have only questioned the difference in the Culleoka team. I asked one simple question:

WHO DOES CULLEOKA GET UP FOR?

I know they get up for Moore Co., but they don't play with that intensity against other teams. Last season they put a hurting on almost every team they played. They beat Richland twice by 15+ points. Beat Moore Co. in tournaments by 10+. They beat people the way the were supposed to after the loss to Fairview, mentioned bin an earlier post. I don't see an attacking style when they have a team on the ropes.

THEY LET PEOPLE HANG AROUND!!

I havent seen a lot of Culleoka games this year, but the games that i have seen have been a bit differant from the few i saw last year. i always keep up w/ their scores and they may not be beating people by as much as they did last year. but what i saw tonight answered any questions i may have had about the team. GOOD JOB BOYS!!!! way to work as a TEAM to overcome a hostile crowd (thats a compliment. 1st time to your gym and i loved the atmosphere) some questionable "no calls" and a deficit against a GREAT MC team. I wouldnt dare blame the officials if we had lost because we did make plenty of mistakes, but we showed a lot of character and heart in the 2nd half to overcome what we got into in the first half. Im not going to place any wagers on a state championship yet... but we have the experience (that we didnt have a year ago), and we are comming together as the year goes on. what more can you ask of these boys?!? once again... very impressed w/ moore county! i wish you folks and your boys all the best! i want our boys to get the district and region titles and a trip to state, but if we have to finish 2nd to anyone in those first two goals, i cant think of a better team than you all! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN DISTRICT TOURNAMENT!!!!

This was a barn burner boys!! Congrats to Culleoka they simply played better than MC for 1 qt (3rd) and in a battle like this that is all it takes, as for the officials ur right it seemed like they didn't have have a clue but it went both ways Early in the 1st half but at the end of the game a few calls that seemed to go Culleoka way ( the tie up on Demario that was called a foul on MC, jump ball and maybe a "T" on Demario was the right call) they didn't loose the game for em'. And YES WE CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TOURNY. WE SEE YOU COACH!

There is no way two games could be called correctly but still be so one-sided as was the women's and then the men's games at Moore County. At the end of the first half, the Culleoka women's team had 9 fouls and the Moore County team had 1. At the end of the first half of the men's game, Culleoka men had 10 fouls and Moore County had none. 0. Evidently, there was some advisement during halftime, as Moore County men committed their first foul as soon as the third quarter started. Someone who mattered must have taken notice of the uneven calling.

I have never denied who the top two teams are in the district. I have only questioned the difference in the Culleoka team. I asked one simple question:

WHO DOES CULLEOKA GET UP FOR?

I know they get up for Moore Co., but they don't play with that intensity against other teams. Last season they put a hurting on almost every team they played. They beat Richland twice by 15+ points. Beat Moore Co. in tournaments by 10+. They beat people the way the were supposed to after the loss to Fairview, mentioned bin an earlier post. I don't see an attacking style when they have a team on the ropes.

THEY LET PEOPLE HANG AROUND!!

maybe the other teams have gotten better....and like you said last year we played big after the fairview loss....well bud we havent had that loss yet this year...we keep winning....the win against moore co. is gonna give this team a boost....keep doubting..

maybe the other teams have gotten better....and like you said last year we played big after the fairview loss....well bud we havent had that loss yet this year...we keep winning....the win against moore co. is gonna give this team a boost....keep doubting..

I hope this is that big game Culleoka needs to get on track. I would love to see a Maury County team make a big push deep into the tournaments. You are correct there hasn't been that big upset like Fairview. They were beat by a very good Hazel Green team and haven't lost since. I do not doubt this team, I am just looking for the cream to rise. We will see in the next couple of weeks, playing cellar dwellers Huntland, Santa Fe, and C.A. The last week of the season will be the true test: Cornersville, Richland, and #5 AA team Marshall Co. Marshall Co. will be the game to watch if they come out of district not losing anymore. If they can win the next 5 games, they will have to play very well to finish off the with a win.

We'll see if this win against Moore Co. is enough to jump start their tournament run!!

I hope this is that big game Culleoka needs to get on track. I would love to see a Maury County team make a big push deep into the tournaments. You are correct there hasn't been that big upset like Fairview. They were beat by a very good Hazel Green team and haven't lost since. I do not doubt this team, I am just looking for the cream to rise. We will see in the next couple of weeks, playing cellar dwellers Huntland, Santa Fe, and C.A. The last week of the season will be the true test: Cornersville, Richland, and #5 AA team Marshall Co. Marshall Co. will be the game to watch if they come out of district not losing anymore. If they can win the next 5 games, they will have to play very well to finish off the with a win.

We'll see if this win against Moore Co. is enough to jump start their tournament run!!

"jump start their tournament run"????????

What??? You're right...they need something to get them going. They are playing so bad right now. Anything for a little confidence..... maybe just a win.....maybe they should play the freshmen and build for the future....... if coach can't do any better than this maybe they should make a change......

What has happened to the Cully program Nomad!!!! I now see it like you do!!!!!!!!!!