Oakland

LoyalMDOFan

Um...I have a feeling they'll lose more and they'll get farther postseason-wise. That embarrassing loss to Cleveland will probably get them off to a bad start then they'll bounce back. It's hard enough just winning 33 games like we did (heck we hadn't done that in 20 years) but 42 wins two years in a row? Hmm...you be the judge of those odds.

But despite all of this you'll probably boast about how they're going to go undefeated and win State. Just like last year. And look how that turned out.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...I have a feeling they'll lose more and they'll get farther postseason-wise. That embarrassing loss to Cleveland will probably get them off to a bad start then they'll bounce back. It's hard enough just winning 33 games like we did (heck we hadn't done that in 20 years) but 42 wins two years in a row? Hmm...you be the judge of those odds.

But despite all of this you'll probably boast about how they're going to go undefeated and win State. Just like last year. And look how that turned out.

Won't happen again! What they did last year was amazing, but they lost to many great players and winning 42 is a tough task to do back to back.

Whats your problem, Oakland just happened to run into a pretty good team and didnt match their intensity. They didnt take the game for granted, but that team did everything you could think except win state, and im pretty proud of that team, so if anybody wants to talk them down, I will defend that team at every chance, because it was a great team, state championship or not. Too bad your not a plus member, because then you could have posted this in the offseason instead of looking like you got a vendetta against Oakland by waiting till a few months before the season. Oakland is one of the best overall programs in AAA, so I think we will be just fine /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Cleveland was 2-and-done in State. How embarrassing. I'd feel better if we had lost to the eventual State Champs because they were meant to do it. But they didn't. So yeah that's embarrassing I don't care who you are. And I'm not one to talk because it happened to us too.

And what vendetta? I'm not saying they're going to tank and lose 20+ games. No way. I think they'll be darn good this year. Just saying winning 42 games again will be TOUGH.

Since when is losing 42 games and going to the sectional embarassing? Had numerous players gain individual honors as a well a district and regional championship. We got upset yes, but it was far from an embarassment. Of course winning 42 will be tough, thats the case for anybody.

I think Cleveland was 2-and-done in State. How embarrassing.

How embarassing? You have to make it to the State to be 2 and done. What's worse, 2 and done or not making it at all? That statement is insulting at best.

I'd feel better if we had lost to the eventual State Champs because they were meant to do it.

Obviously.

See I measure a team's success and a player's success by CHAMPIONSHIPS. Not district, not region.

So, in you eyes there are only 4 SUCCESSFUL teams in the state each year? Get serious.

Well if you're going to go to State and you know you're going to lose then what's the point in going at all?

Yeah that's just how I feel about sports. In the end only a few teams are truly successful and go home happy that's just the way it is.

So by your reasoning, Smyrna's program has just been a constant embarassment for the last 20 years or so prior to last year. Upsets happen, its part of the game. You can say whatever you want, but our season was a great success.

I just can't resist this. This ties for possibly the most unintelligent post ever on CoachT.

Well if you're going to go to State and you know you're going to lose then what's the point in going at all?

So, by that reasoning, if there is a POSSIBILITY that you will lose you shouldn't play at all? It seems like we play the games to find out who is the best. It's called COMPETITION. You line up and compete with the other team.

Yeah that's just how I feel about sports.

I can only describe this as a somewhat naive view of sports. By your reasoning, no one should ever tee it up with Tiger Woods? No one should ever go on the field with the Patriots? By this same reasoning, Cleveland never should have gotten on the field with Oakland last year?

Cleveland defeating Oakland is the exact reason we play the games. Cleveland EARNED their spot in the State tournament, no matter the outcome.

I just can't resist this. This ties for possibly the most unintelligent post ever on CoachT.

So, by that reasoning, if there is a POSSIBILITY that you will lose you shouldn't play at all? It seems like we play the games to find out who is the best. It's called COMPETITION. You line up and compete with the other team.

I can only describe this as a somewhat naive view of sports. By your reasoning, no one should ever tee it up with Tiger Woods? No one should ever go on the field with the Patriots? By this same reasoning, Cleveland never should have gotten on the field with Oakland last year?

Cleveland defeating Oakland is the exact reason we play the games. Cleveland EARNED their spot in the State tournament, no matter the outcome.

Good post here.

Hey Loyal MDO ....

I am one of the biggest supporters Smyrna has, but you are picking on the wrong team. Oakland High School has one of the BEST baseball programs in the state year in and out. Smyrna had a great season last year, but lets not let that go to our heads . You act like we have had banner seasons forever ..... buddy this is was the first time to the region in 10 years!!! You say you don't care about region and district, GUESS WHAT ???? you have to win those to go to the state!

Hopefully we can go back to the state this year and the team is working hard towards that goal .... don't make them look as ignorant as you look right now! I, as a fan appreciate enthusiasm, but save it for the games.

Personally, I hope Oakland keeps up the tradition as well as Smyrna, Riverdale and others ....makes Rutherford County look good!

GO DOGS!!

Hey Loyal MDO ....

I am one of the biggest supporters Smyrna has, but you are picking on the wrong team. Oakland High School has one of the BEST baseball programs in the state year in and out. Smyrna had a great season last year, but lets not let that go to our heads . You act like we have had banner seasons forever ..... buddy this is was the first time to the region in 10 years!!! You say you don't care about region and district, GUESS WHAT ???? you have to win those to go to the state!

Hopefully we can go back to the state this year and the team is working hard towards that goal .... don't make them look as ignorant as you look right now! I, as a fan appreciate enthusiasm, but save it for the games.

Personally, I hope Oakland keeps up the tradition as well as Smyrna, Riverdale and others ....makes Rutherford County look good!

GO DOGS!!

Very good post. Someone needs to knock some sense into him.