Gold Ball Predictions

Unionvegas

No- it means, like I said earlier, that Stone and LA would probably be a very good matchup. And it shows that with all of the talent and solid oaching in the Upper Cumberland, anything can happen on any given day...

The thing about Stone Memorial is you don't play anyone over here during the regular season, and you definitely don't play an "upper cumberland schedule". The only teams you've played thus far in any of the districts are C'range and York and you're 1-1 against them. Why not play in the Mid-South Classic i see where you didn't even play in a christmas tourney, whats up with that???. The schedule you play is WEAK to say the least, with really only two teams that have a shot at beating you or giving you a game and those are the teams from York and C'range. With the weak region you play in i'm sure it will be an easy road to the state for Stone and congrats on that. Just dont get on here and say "IF WE PLAYED THEM WE WOULD WIN" or "WE BEAT THEM IN A SCRIMMAGE" because that arguement won't hold water my friend. Most of your "better" teams are just trying to get some work for the whole squad in a scrimmage as opposed to some that aren't wherein they might play their starters more and thus get a "W" for a scrimmage game and boost the teams confidence. You're 21-1 playing a cupcake schedule now lets see how that helps you once you get to the tournaments!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about Stone Memorial is you don't play anyone over here during the regular season, and you definitely don't play an "upper cumberland schedule". The only teams you've played thus far in any of the districts are C'range and York and you're 1-1 against them. Why not play in the Mid-South Classic i see where you didn't even play in a christmas tourney, whats up with that???. The schedule you play is WEAK to say the least, with really only two teams that have a shot at beating you or giving you a game and those are the teams from York and C'range. With the weak region you play in i'm sure it will be an easy road to the state for Stone and congrats on that. Just dont get on here and say "IF WE PLAYED THEM WE WOULD WIN" or "WE BEAT THEM IN A SCRIMMAGE" because that arguement won't hold water my friend. Most of your "better" teams are just trying to get some work for the whole squad in a scrimmage as opposed to some that aren't wherein they might play their starters more and thus get a "W" for a scrimmage game and boost the teams confidence. You're 21-1 playing a cupcake schedule now lets see how that helps you once you get to the tournaments!

Stone has beaten loudon who was the majority pick to win the district and its not our fault Austin East has had a down year this year....true we dont play great teams every night but its not all our fault

Stone has beaten loudon who was the majority pick to win the district and its not our fault Austin East has had a down year this year....true we dont play great teams every night but its not all our fault

Its not the teams fault but it is the coaches fault. The very best christmas tournament for girls in the state of Tn is held 30 miles to the west (the mid south classic) and there is no doubt that Stone could have played in it. Where they could have played teams like Jackson County, Upperman, Livingston Academy, Cookeville, Dyer Co, Clarkrange, Heritage, Oliver Springs etc.. All very good girls teams. Had they come down here and won it, then you could say we can compete with teams from the Upper Cumberland but until that happens you'll just be Stone Memorial from Crossville that plays the weak East Tn teams.....

Its not the teams fault but it is the coaches fault. The very best christmas tournament for girls in the state of Tn is held 30 miles to the west (the mid south classic) and there is no doubt that Stone could have played in it. Where they could have played teams like Jackson County, Upperman, Livingston Academy, Cookeville, Dyer Co, Clarkrange, Heritage, Oliver Springs etc.. All very good girls teams. Had they come down here and won it, then you could say we can compete with teams from the Upper Cumberland but until that happens you'll just be Stone Memorial from Crossville that plays the weak East Tn teams.....

they have austin east tuesday and at clarkrange friday so we will find out alot about this team

How many seniors play for LA and/or York?

I am 99% sure there are no SRS on LA I haven't a clue on York , Look on the team schedules and go to roster's I do know that La is a young team.. If they don't get gold this year, look out for next they will be in the running wide open. They will be my favorite in aa class to compete for it this year. My pic for single A would be JC, imagine that one.. oh sorry I am Blushing blue!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Good luck to your team

I am 99% sure there are no SRS on LA I haven't a clue on York , Look on the team schedules and go to roster's I do know that La is a young team.. If they don't get gold this year, look out for next they will be in the running wide open. They will be my favorite in aa class to compete for it this year. My pic for single A would be JC, imagine that one.. oh sorry I am Blushing blue!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Good luck to your team

I know for sure LA doesn't have any seniors, York has 3 but I believe only 2 of them start, and Upperman has 1 and I don't believe she starts. Correct me if I'm wrong York and Upperman. So 7AA is going to be tough again next year. I believe that the Gold and Silver ball for AA will go to two of these 3 7AA teams this year and next.

Good Luck Lady Wildcats!!!

I know for sure LA doesn't have any seniors, York has 3 but I believe only 2 of them start, and Upperman has 1 and I don't believe she starts. Correct me if I'm wrong York and Upperman. So 7AA is going to be tough again next year. I believe that the Gold and Silver ball for AA will go to two of these 3 7AA teams this year and next.

Just think what it would be like if JC was still in this district! You talk about a knock down drag out it would be one heck of a tournament!!

Wasnt trying to rub it in and if you know anything about the girls in JC they NEVER regress especially at tourney time. As for that particular game is concerned had a few out sick most noteably Misti Maxwell with an injury she missed the entire game and WOULD have made a difference.

I was being sarcastic. I was not saying JC was going backwards, I was saying that because they had beaten UHS twice by a total of 41 points and then up and lose to them is like saying because SMHS beat York who beat LA then that means that SMHS would beat LA. As for the last JC-LA meeting, woulda, coulda, shoulda...We woulda, coulda, shoulda the first meeting with Maxwell in the game. But, that is in the past. I am sure JC wants to beat us for revenge and we want to beat them to prove it wasn't a fluke (which wasn't in my mind). Should be a heckuva game. It will help both clubs down the road.

I was being sarcastic. I was not saying JC was going backwards, I was saying that because they had beaten UHS twice by a total of 41 points and then up and lose to them is like saying because SMHS beat York who beat LA then that means that SMHS would beat LA. As for the last JC-LA meeting, woulda, coulda, shoulda...We woulda, coulda, shoulda the first meeting with Maxwell in the game. But, that is in the past. I am sure JC wants to beat us for revenge and we want to beat them to prove it wasn't a fluke (which wasn't in my mind). Should be a heckuva game. It will help both clubs down the road.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You gotta watch that sarcasim huh!!! Or at least be a lil more tasteful /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

It sounds from your defensive post that no one in the state is any good unless they play in your district. Certainly it sounds as though you have not seen the Lady Panthers play.. if you had you wouldn't be making blanket incorrect assumptions.

Regardless, if I am not mistaken, these two teams were put out by the same team in the Boro last year. So I guess we just won't know unless they have the opportunity to play each other.

The argument "if we played them we would win," seems to have been made by no one except possibly you. I never said we "would win." Time and again I believe I said the words"very good matchup." And since the only head to head we actually have is a scrimmage- again about 2 weeks before regualr season -so again-not summer camp- was a close scrimmage with the Lady Panthers coming out ahead by about 5 points. Does that mean they'll beat LA every time? Heck no. Nor,"my friend," does it mean they're not capable of beating them either.

My suggestion would be to chill. Again, all of this "talk" is nothing but. Because it really doesn't matter until the last game is played.

Your petty argument about La and Stone Memorial is a waste of time

There is a team down past columbia called Marshall County....remember them?

They dispatched both LA and Stone Memorial last year on their way to Runner up for the State Championship, silver ball. They have all of their players returning from that team last season. I am sure that it is a given that your teams will have no problem knocking them off to get to the state final. Your players were so convincing last season that they got sent home. I would call this putting the cart before the horse. I would also have you know that a couple of teams out west have been playing very good ball Obion County and Gibson County. There are also a couple of middle tennessee teams that seem to be pretty good...So before you go and polish those trophys...you better look beyond the upper cumberland.

Of course you could just go home again...

Good Luck Marshall County tigeretts

and 2 easy.

AAA gold ball: Hillsboro vs. Wilson Central (or whom ever gets out of 9AAA alive)!