TNT Tournament 08

ut18vols

"They" are like I said, coaches in Overton County and surrounding counties that compete with Allons.

AND, are you saying that all the players for Allons live in the Allons zone? And have done so for the last 8-10 years? That seems to be your implication but certainly NOT your words. If so, say it. If not, quit dancing around the issue with inane comments and no clarification.

Most would find it hard to believe a school with only 30 eighth graders could have the level of success in area tournaments Allons has had without some sort of 'outside' help.

All I was trying to do is refute your "private school" mentality that we do better with less.

"They" may not have been blessed with the talent Allons and the residents of that "zone" has. Did you or anyone else think of that. The General has given you the roster for this year. Last year there was ONE that didn't go there from kindergaten just from about the fifth grade, who lives about 3 miles from Allons. 2 years ago ONE came from another school who lives less than 4-5 miles from Allons. 3-4 years ago another (ONE) came in the eigth grade from another school only to play a back-up role. Now his folks had a farther drive. The parents chose because the parents wanted the best for their child and I can't or won't blame them. But, they were not recruited as you said "they" said. I can think of a whopping 3 in the last 8-10 years. WOW! You got me there. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" So, yes, they have done more with less.

Good job General on the roster and next weekend. You and Melton have GREAT vision!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They" may not have been blessed with the talent Allons and the residents of that "zone" has. Did you or anyone else think of that. The General has given you the roster for this year. Last year there was ONE that didn't go there from kindergaten just from about the fifth grade, who lives about 3 miles from Allons. 2 years ago ONE came from another school who lives less than 4-5 miles from Allons. 3-4 years ago another (ONE) came in the eigth grade from another school only to play a back-up role. Now his folks had a farther drive. The parents chose because the parents wanted the best for their child and I can't or won't blame them. But, they were not recruited as you said "they" said. I can think of a whopping 3 in the last 8-10 years. WOW! You got me there. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" So, yes, they have done more with less.

Good job General on the roster and next weekend. You and Melton have GREAT vision!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Look, 'BigDufus_1', I already admitted I must have gotten bad information. But you do back up my point. The kids going there are not necessarliy zoned there. Thank you for that.

Look, 'BigDufus_1', I already admitted I must have gotten bad information. But you do back up my point. The kids going there are not necessarliy zoned there. Thank you for that.

Ah, get scorched and here comes the name calling. Good one. Thank goodness I have been called worse or you may have hurt my feelings. 3 kids not zoned in 8-10 years, great point! They were helping win while in pre-k or pre-natal. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So again, the have done more with less! Now what is your stance with all the information you gathered? Is it recruiting that irks others or 3 that has came because their parents wanted them to go play for that particular coach? You don't have to answer, I am done!

Southside won the 3A championship with a 55-40 win over St. Joseph.

Case Sloan scored 20 points and Aaron Simonis 19 as Southside finished with a 24-1 record, the only loss coming to Mt. Juliet in a Christmas tournament held in Lebanon. Pointguard Conner Brandon had 8, while Moose Wood had 4 and Jacob McEntire 2 for Southside.

Elliot Watts, the 6'8" post for St. Joseph, and point Joseph Janson had 12 each to lead St. Joseph. Max Staxer had 8, Kyle Mortenson 4, Matthew Catgnani and Matthew Callahan 2 apiece to round out the scoring.