District 4 A

philip2003

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking to my rockwood connection, I learned this: the night before rockwood and coalfield played, rockwood played mcminn county and pitched breazeale 2 innings, then duncan 2 innings, then skidmore 2 innings, then mccreary and inning or two. They are the 4 top pitchers. Then in game against greenback they pitched wampler, then allen and finished up with hill. So when they had to replace rhea county, they had already burned 7....count'em 7 pitchers! So coalfield saw boston (who only pitched 7 or 8 innings last yr total) and he walked a ton of guys..giving up 4 runs in one inning and 2 in the next. So coalfield scored the 6 of their 8 runs off rockwood's number 8 man in the rotation. Next bear, a sophomore pitched for the first time in varsity action and mowed down coafield until a couple costly errors allowed 2 runs to score. If I were coalfield I wouldnt be putting much stock in beating a number 8 and number 9 pitcher, especially since the number 9 man mowed them down. Also, i heard rockwood didnt hit well in the cold but did manage to hit a bomb off coalfield. Others on here are right, if breazeale or duncan or even skidmore had pitched coalfield would have been shutdown and would have lost even with the tigers not having their best night at the plate. BTW, rockwood beat a good rhea county team on monday with breazeale pitching and they scored 8 runs on a good AAA team...not bad for a single A team! Now my yellow jackets will be playing them wednesday evening. I hear duncan will be on the mound against us. We split with them last yr.

I am glad you filled everyone in on Rockwoods depth at pitching. So are you telling me that Rockwoods coaches just tanked this game? The game was not important? Two innings should be just a good bull pen session. It is early and I agree Rockwoods top two or three are tough. Rockwood is probally better overall than Coalfield. But not last night. In the future maybe.

I am glad you filled everyone in on Rockwoods depth at pitching. So are you telling me that Rockwoods coaches just tanked this game? The game was not important? Two innings should be just a good bull pen session. It is early and I agree Rockwoods top two or three are tough. Rockwood is probally better overall than Coalfield. But not last night. In the future maybe.

he is referring to a game that was played in the preseaon.

Whats does everyone thing about the Wartburg coalfield game coming up monday tuesay? I say the 1st game will be a decent game cause daurghty is on the mound he throws the ball decent but its a fla 1st game Coalfield-6 Wartburg-2. After daughrty out of the way u have barnes, woody, and langley Coalfield-11 Wartburg-2!

Whats does everyone thing about the Wartburg coalfield game coming up monday tuesay? I say the 1st game will be a decent game cause daurghty is on the mound he throws the ball decent but its a fla 1st game Coalfield-6 Wartburg-2. After daughrty out of the way u have barnes, woody, and langley Coalfield-11 Wartburg-2!

any word on Coalfield Wartburg?