Coffee County

TowMater

You have to have an experienced and mature QB first of all to run a spread. If you don't have one with a great arm......forget it. Then you need ......a great Oline that can give the QB time to read the defense and of course..... more than ONE receiver that can catch a ball in heavy traffic. Not so simple to implement if you don't have this combination. Oh and of course a COACH who understands the spread. One of the best I have seen is Coach Hester from Lavergne. He is a MASTER.

Well thats the problem 2p you saw our team last year. NO QB, no WR, pretty good o-line, but they all graduated so no o-line with any experiance. While I am no wing T fan I think it was and still is the best fit for our athletes.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thats the problem 2p you saw our team last year. NO QB, no WR, pretty good o-line, but they all graduated so no o-line with any experiance. While I am no wing T fan I think it was and still is the best fit for our athletes.

It is about the only fit for our "athletes" .... the wint-t is meant for teams without athletes to beat other teams with deception and ball control. As long as you have a decent run-blocking offensive line you can win a few games. I would like to see us spread the field more at times just to give different looks. Against Lincoln County last year the safety had his hand on the defensive tackles back ... no secret what we were doing. If Nunley gets the job and allows Nathan Browning to run the offense, which is what I believe will happen, the offense will have a new look still based out of the wing-t.. ... I'm not sure what kind of offense you like bugaboo but you will probably like what coach Browning can do with the offense.

It is about the only fit for our "athletes" .... the wint-t is meant for teams without athletes to beat other teams with deception and ball control. As long as you have a decent run-blocking offensive line you can win a few games. I would like to see us spread the field more at times just to give different looks. Against Lincoln County last year the safety had his hand on the defensive tackles back ... no secret what we were doing. If Nunley gets the job and allows Nathan Browning to run the offense, which is what I believe will happen, our offense will have a whole new look still based out of the wing-t. ... I'm not sure what kind of offense you like bugaboo but you will probably like what coach Browning can do with the offense.

I agree it is the only fit. Me personall I do not like the smoke a mirror type of offense. I like straight up line down and measure your manhood I formation. But that would not work at coffee county either because you need that speed back to haul the mail which they do not have, nor will have any time soon. The wing T was perfect for coffee county and I think they would have spread the field more if they had a quarterback that they could depend on. I agree Browning could do some things that would be very good with the wing T. He seems to be a good coach that knows his stuff.

It is about the only fit for our "athletes" .... the wint-t is meant for teams without athletes to beat other teams with deception and ball control. As long as you have a decent run-blocking offensive line you can win a few games. I would like to see us spread the field more at times just to give different looks. Against Lincoln County last year the safety had his hand on the defensive tackles back ... no secret what we were doing. If Nunley gets the job and allows Nathan Browning to run the offense, which is what I believe will happen, our offense will have a whole new look still based out of the wing-t. ... I'm not sure what kind of offense you like bugaboo but you will probably like what coach Browning can do with the offense.

The Wing-T can also help contain bigger and stronger defenses by attacking at angles rather than straight base blocks. You can also run the Wing-T out of loose formations that will spread out defenses.

The Wing-T can also help contain bigger and stronger defenses by attacking at angles rather than straight base blocks. You can also run the Wing-T out of loose formations that will spread out defenses.

Kind of the way Wilson Central and Oakland runs it. Oakland runs alot of two wing no fullback sets with the wings wide. Run a lot of jet sweeps and deep pitches to a wing in motion.

Dont know allot about football, but Coffee put up some big yards and points in the last five years running the wing-t.This past year was off a little due to the fact that their Qb was a one year starter and the o-line could not pass block, and struggled with the run sometimes. The new coach should consider hiring Britton to coach the o-line because the one they have didnt know anything about it. It appears to me that the Wing-t was a good offense for Coffee Co, i hope they stick with it.

you are right, i dont get a warm fuzzy with her making the decission or supporting the program in the future. She does not have a good track record!! six years ago the Director at the time formed a group to go out and find a coach that could turn our program around and they did, proved to be a good decision. Since then our program has about 100 boys, carried about 2 or 3 thousand fans to every away game and had huge crowds at home, built a 10 thouseand sq foot field house / weight room. The Community did all this, now they dont care about what they think. Go figure.

No big secret Oakley

Dont know allot about football, but Coffee put up some big yards and points in the last five years running the wing-t.This past year was off a little due to the fact that their Qb was a one year starter and the o-line could not pass block, and struggled with the run sometimes. The new coach should consider hiring Britton to coach the o-line because the one they have didnt know anything about it. It appears to me that the Wing-t was a good offense for Coffee Co, i hope they stick with it.

Interesting that you should say you don't know much about football and then say that Coffee's o-line coach does not know what he is doing. Personally I think the line was one of their strong points this year.

Interesting that you should say you don't know much about football and then say that Coffee's o-line coach does not know what he is doing. Personally I think the line was one of their strong points this year.

The offensive line was a pretty good run blocking unit....pass blocking as another thing. They weren't athletic enough to pass block. And leave coach Giel alone.

The offensive line was a pretty good run blocking unit....pass blocking as another thing. They weren't athletic enough to pass block. And leave coach Giel alone.

I agree Pedo, the coaching staff we have in place is as good as any in HS football. All we need is a head coach who will let them do there jobs. I believe Nunley would be a good fit until Sisk is ready to take over. Hope the powers that be see it that way too.

I agree Pedo, the coaching staff we have in place is as good as any in HS football. All we need is a head coach who will let them do there jobs. I believe Nunley would be a good fit until Sisk is ready to take over. Hope the powers that be see it that way too.

I'm glad you agree...BUT...Let's not push the envelope too much. I think we have a good coaching staff for the most part, but not as good as any in high school football....but good enough I think. If you add coach Nunley to that then that bolsters the coaching staff tremendously. Because you would have coach Browning likely running the offense and he will do very well...he is an offensive guru in the making....and coach Sisk will probably keep running the defense. ........ I think the Powers that be probably see it that way. But Sisk probably won't be around long enough to wait on Nunley to leave if he gets the job. Coach Nunley had a long interview today by the way, over an hour or so.

I'm glad you agree...BUT...Let's not push the envelope too much. I think we have a good coaching staff for the most part, but not as good as any in high school football....but good enough I think. If you add coach Nunley to that then that bolsters the coaching staff tremendously. Because you would have coach Browning likely running the offense and he will do very well...he is an offensive guru in the making....and coach Sisk will probably keep running the defense. ........ I think the Powers that be probably see it that way. But Sisk probably won't be around long enough to wait on Nunley to leave if he gets the job. Coach Nunley had a long interview today by the way, around two hours or so.

That was sorta strong language....better than most would have been more appropriate. You really think Nunley would stay that long.