Jackson Co. vs Lexington Catholic Sat Jan 26th

midtensportsfan

I don't understand why they let them get by with this. A team is taking the time to go to that tournament and they are not treated fairly. Why in the world would a team want to go back to that tourney? They are just hurting themselves by running off good competition. If I were a coach in Ky, wether my team won or not, I would want the game called the way it should be so my team could get better and I believe the coaches should speak up. Pretty soon they are going to have a hard time getting out of state teams to go to ky and play them. This makes me question their top 25 ranking. I'm not trying to make a low blow at the Ky girls at all, but if your refs won't let you get beat then......

I agree completely with you. When I heard they were going to Ky to play in a tournament, I knew the refs would probably decide the outcome of the game. If I was the refs or the school that invited them to come I would feel ashamed because those girls took a Saturday they had off to go up there. They didn't have to go up there to play in that tournament, but they wanted to go play in it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> In my opinion a TN team should never go play a team in Ky because you can never win up there no matter who you are playing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree completely with you. When I heard they were going to Ky to play in a tournament, I knew the refs would probably decide the outcome of the game. If I was the refs or the school that invited them to come I would feel ashamed because those girls took a Saturday they had off to go up there. They didn't have to go up there to play in that tournament, but they wanted to go play in it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> In my opinion a TN team should never go play a team in Ky because you can never win up there no matter who you are playing.

Yeah...you can win...it's just difficult. I remember when Upperman went up there several years ago to play Jackson County Ky. in the Ky. Challenge. JC was on a long winning streak and was ranked #1 in Ky. & very high nationally. Upperman pounded them by 25. Also...several Tn. teams have done well in the LIS in Scottsville over the years. They call the game much looser up there. If you know that in advance...you can adjust. I am sure JC knew that in advance. JC did do well against one of...if not the best team in Ky. That's not bad for a 1a school on the road.

Yeah...you can win...it's just difficult. I remember when Upperman went up there several years ago to play Jackson County Ky. in the Ky. Challenge. JC was on a long winning streak and was ranked #1 in Ky. & very high nationally. Upperman pounded them by 25. Also...several Tn. teams have done well in the LIS in Scottsville over the years. They call the game much looser up there. If you know that in advance...you can adjust. I am sure JC knew that in advance. JC did do well against one of...if not the best team in Ky. That's not bad for a 1a school on the road.

If memory serves me correct, I don't think Upperman won by that big of a margin. It was a hard fought game. Plus, I don't recall the refs being so one sided during that game.

If memory serves me correct, I don't think Upperman won by that big of a margin. It was a hard fought game. Plus, I don't recall the refs being so one sided during that game.

You are right...but I think it was a very easy win. I think Upperman led by as much as 25 in that game. It was played on Feb. 10th 2001 at Lexington Catholic (Ky. Challenge). Upperman won 52-32. JC was 25-0 entering that game. It was no contest.

You are right...but I think it was a very easy win. I think Upperman led by as much as 25 in that game. It was played on Feb. 10th 2001 at Lexington Catholic (Ky. Challenge). Upperman won 52-32. JC was 25-0 entering that game. It was no contest.

I distinctly remember that game. It was a contest and it came down to the very end, I recall Upperman taking some pretty hard hits trying to hold the ball at the end, but the refs called those fouls. The refs were not great, but it wasn't obvious that they wanted their home team to win. I'm not trying to argue, but I was told that our girls were getting knocked to the floor time after time and nothing was being called. Then with around 4 mins left the foul count was 2-10+. That's ridiculous.

I distinctly remember that game. It was a contest and it came down to the very end, I recall Upperman taking some pretty hard hits trying to hold the ball at the end, but the refs called those fouls. The refs were not great, but it wasn't obvious that they wanted their home team to win. I'm not trying to argue, but I was told that our girls were getting knocked to the floor time after time and nothing was being called. Then with around 4 mins left the foul count was 2-10+. That's ridiculous.

I don't doubt that...but Upperman won by 20. I don't think that's a "came down to the end" game.

If you dont win, Jackson County always blames the refs. Thanks Lexington for thumping JC from the small achools from 7A.

From what i see you are a JC want a be. Just want to tell you we have true JC fans we don't need a want to be... Even have fan's for a day and welcome them but we do not need want to be that try and represent JC in the way that you do... I think a thumping consist of beating a team by 20+ wonder what you call a 30+ win...I quess you know that though uh! Play nice or don't play at all! You and muffin must be bud's or get up on the same side of the bed I just have one more thing to say

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny

I don't doubt that...but Upperman won by 20. I don't think that's a "came down to the end" game.

Whatever you think is fine, but those who know who I am understand what I'm saying when I tell you that I KNOW what went on and HOW that game went. Don't remember winning by that margin unless free throws shot the final score up when they started fouling at the end. And when you get an extra 10 or so points at the end on free throws, that wasn't an extra 10 point cushion during the game.

Whatever you think is fine, but those who know who I am understand what I'm saying when I tell you that I KNOW what went on and HOW that game went. Don't remember winning by that margin unless free throws shot the final score up when they started fouling at the end. And when you get an extra 10 or so points at the end on free throws, that wasn't an extra 10 point cushion during the game.

Do you want proof of the score? I was telling the Ky. dudes on bluegrass preps what was going to happen before the game. They said there was no way Upperman could come up there and beat them. I know how the game went too. You can think what you want. That game really was a wake-up call for Jackson County Ky. They thought they were unbeatable. They ended up losing to Lexington Catholic in the 2nd round of the state tournament. That was a huge upset.

Do you want proof of the score?

Proof of score doesn't mean a thing to me, I'm saying it was a hard fought game. If you can get a play-by-play I'd sure love to see it. Or I can probably make a call and get the video of the game. This whole thing was about JC. Upperman won, no debate there, but they had decent refs that didn't intentially try to take the game from them.