State Duals Brackets

temprelief

I'm hoping it happens. I mean why run? If you're the best wrestler and deserve that number one seed then you should feel confident enough to vie for it at the duals. I mean if this is the sport of wrestling then why not wrestle? What's the point of having matches if we're all just going to rest on our laurels of the past... Baucke should wrestle that match. As much as I hate to say it, if they hold him out, obviously it's cowardice, and I don't think anyone can disagree with that...

Ok, first I don't think your ploy of trying to get the CBHS coach into a match is going to work. From what I've seen, he's never pulled any punches; so I wouldn't expect any here.

Second, I think calling anyone a coward, without ever truly knowing them is an idiotic thing to do. Do you know CBHS's coach? No, so don't put that word out there. Have you ever seen him back down from a match up? NO! So don't put that word out there.

Lastly, let's remember that no matter what, these are kids we are talking about. Yes, they are wrestlers and yes they are competitors, but first and formost they are kids. And trying to create issues with adults so you can watch two kids go at it, is a wrong. From what I know abou these 2 boys, they are both fine young men, and both fantastic wrestlers and yes given the chance I would think that both of the them will jump at the chance to compete. But neither is wanting to do it to entertain you nor me.

So debating the match ups is fine, antipating the competition is fine, but trying to bait a coach or anyone else to go at it, goes to far to me.

Just my opinon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, first I don't think your ploy of trying to get the CBHS coach into a match is going to work. From what I've seen, he's never pulled any punches; so I wouldn't expect any here.

Second, I think calling anyone a coward, without ever truly knowing them is an idiotic thing to do. Do you know CBHS's coach? No, so don't put that word out there. Have you ever seen him back down from a match up? NO! So don't put that word out there.

Lastly, let's remember that no matter what, these are kids we are talking about. Yes, they are wrestlers and yes they are competitors, but first and formost they are kids. And trying to create issues with adults so you can watch two kids go at it, is a wrong. From what I know abou these 2 boys, they are both fine young men, and both fantastic wrestlers and yes given the chance I would think that both of the them will jump at the chance to compete. But neither is wanting to do it to entertain you nor me.

So debating the match ups is fine, antipating the competition is fine, but trying to bait a coach or anyone else to go at it, goes to far to me.

Just my opinon

Wow wow wow... hold on a second there. You are taking everything out of context. Completely. I never called anyone a coward. At all. What I said was let's see this match happen. There was no ploy, no trap, we were just generating discussion on the topic of the DII Duals. That's it. That match hasn't happened so I can't sit here and say the coach is keeping Baucke out. We don't know what's going to happen. When you have a discussion about something, you throw out your opinions. Until the act has been completed, aka after Friday night, then there will be something to discuss. Don't try and put words into my mouth though please. If that's what I was doing though, I'd face up to it. But I wasn't... I'm sorry you took it that way.

Let's hope we all get to enjoy a real good match between both boys Friday night!

Wow wow wow... hold on a second there. You are taking everything out of context. Completely. I never called anyone a coward. At all. What I said was let's see this match happen. There was no ploy, no trap, we were just generating discussion on the topic of the DII Duals. That's it. That match hasn't happened so I can't sit here and say the coach is keeping Baucke out. We don't know what's going to happen. When you have a discussion about something, you throw out your opinions. Until the act has been completed, aka after Friday night, then there will be something to discuss. Don't try and put words into my mouth though please. If that's what I was doing though, I'd face up to it. But I wasn't... I'm sorry you took it that way.

Let's hope we all get to enjoy a real good match between both boys Friday night!

Didn't say you called him anything, and trust me he is big enough to defend himself if that were the case. What I said was don't use the word, especially in a ploy to get him to do something (or not do something)

To me, and from what I have seen, the CBHS coach will do what ever is in the best interest of his team first. Second, I haven't seen him pull back from any matches, so don't expect it to start now.

Lastly, these two boys have wrestles in the past, so what makes anyone think the outcome would be any different?

Wow wow wow... hold on a second there. You are taking everything out of context. Completely. I never called anyone a coward. At all............................................What I said was let's see this match happen. Don't try and put words into my mouth though please. If that's what I was doing though, I'd face up to it. But I wasn't... I'm sorry you took it that way.

QUOTE(Wrestle90 @ Jan 28 2008 - 02:09 PM) *

I'm hoping it happens. I mean why run? If you're the best wrestler and deserve that number one seed then you should feel confident enough to vie for it at the duals. I mean if this is the sport of wrestling then why not wrestle? What's the point of having matches if we're all just going to rest on our laurels of the past... Baucke should wrestle that match. As much as I hate to say it, if they hold him out, obviously it's cowardice, and I don't think anyone can disagree with that...

"...obviously its cowardice................" BUT

"........I never called anyone a coward........."

Am I missing something here? That's almost Clintonesque.

Wrestle90: I have to go with 2bLeg on this one. I don't think there is any other way to read your comment. You might want to offer up an apology to anyone who read it like we did, which I suspect is a majority, or steer clear of the CBHS coach at duals...........he's a big guy, even if he does wear a purple-colored flower shirt from Hawaii.

"...obviously its cowardice................" BUT

"........I never called anyone a coward........."

Am I missing something here? That's almost Clintonesque.

Wrestle90: I have to go with 2bLeg on this one. I don't think there is any other way to read your comment. You might want to offer up an apology to anyone who read it like we did, which I suspect is a majority, or steer clear of the CBHS coach at duals...........he's a big guy, even if he does wear a purple-colored flower shirt from Hawaii.

I agree!!!

Wrestle90: you said "quote"

"I mean why run?" Who said anthing about running?

"Baucke should wrestle that match." Who said BAUCKE isn't going to wrestle? Why didn't you say Hooker?

Can't wait to drive up after work. Should be a good one!

If it is normal King Ronnie will do all he can to put Clarksville in the finals and keep Bradley out. Rc and the boys will draw it up in the back room again

Something tells me that Ronnie Baby thinks that Tojo and King Jerry is TN wrestling. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

well it would be a good laugh to see ronnie carter wearing a crown like the one in that picture and for the people who dont know what he looks like it'd be easy to pick him out of a crowd. plus it might be pretty cool to get a massive belt if you win a state title. just some food for thought. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

well it would be a good laugh to see ronnie carter wearing a crown like the one in that picture and for the people who dont know what he looks like it'd be easy to pick him out of a crowd. plus it might be pretty cool to get a massive belt if you win a state title. just some food for thought. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I would like to see him is this outfit instead!