Franklin #3, and Antioch #1 in MIDSTATE POLL?

Metro "Ballin"

Can you beleive this? Franklin is now #3 in the midstate! Antioch crushed them by about 40 in the pre-season! I am sure Philly-fan is hype this morning. He most likely sent out for a special order of philly cheese steaks to celebrate the "respect" he has been wishing for. I mean, can someone give these Antioch boys a game please, they have gotten bored by just pounding teams. I bet phillyfan's bunch slips up in districts, or early in regions and will miss out on playing for that "REGION-SHIP" that metro still OWNS!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you beleive this? Franklin is now #3 in the midstate! Antioch crushed them by about 40 in the pre-season! I am sure Philly-fan is hype this morning. He most likely sent out for a special order of philly cheese steaks to celebrate the "respect" he has been wishing for. I mean, can someone give these Antioch boys a game please, they have gotten bored by just pounding teams. I bet phillyfan's bunch slips up in districts, or early in regions and will miss out on playing for that "REGION-SHIP" that metro still OWNS!

Last time i checked they didn't give out region championships based on "pre-season" scrimmages. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

If the confidence factor has anything to do with it you should win state hands down.

Sorry, but they don't give out state championships to you just because you win 50 straight in a weak district either. As a matter of fact, they don't even invite you to the state tournament for winning those district regular season games do they? Antioch, Glencliff, Maplewood, Whites Creek, Stratford, Pearl Cohn, Hunters Lane, Hillsboro, MLK, East Lit, and Overton have all been to the state tournament since Franklin has. Jay does a great job, but you need to at least get there before you blow your trumpet.

Sorry, but they don't give out state championships to you just because you win 50 straight in a weak district either. As a matter of fact, they don't even invite you to the state tournament for winning those district regular season games do they? Antioch, Glencliff, Maplewood, Whites Creek, Stratford, Pearl Cohn, Hunters Lane, Hillsboro, MLK, East Lit, and Overton have all been to the state tournament since Franklin has. Jay does a great job, but you need to at least get there before you blow your trumpet.

What are you talking about ? "Blowing my trumpet"? No one is blowing any "trumpet" merely commenting and stating FACTS in regards to the previous posts. No mention of any team i might or might not be for. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Metro,

How would you rank the Top 10?

Thanks.

Well, well,well, look who has crawled out from underneath his rock, Metro Moron. We all know Antioch is very good, this year, but everybody else in the "one team only" D12 is beatable. Every prediction you have made about Franklin has been wrong, so keep it up, you are doing a great job. You either need to go back on that mission trip (those poor people), or start helping out with riot control in the Metro parking lots.

Where did Antioch end up last year? I know they had a good team and were highly rated during the season but I don't know how they ended.

Well, let's put it this way. They did NOT make it to the, as Metro Idiot puts it, the Region-Ship. Franklin did. They made it out of that so called weak D11 to play in the Region Championship.

Antioch lost in the Region 6-AAA semi-finals to Whites Creek. Honestly, if Antioch and WC would have been in opposite brackets they both most likely would have won and then one of them would have had to travel to Clarksville. But then again, if I recall correctly Antioch did it to themselves by losing in the 12-AAA district tournament semi-finals to dig themselves a hole.

Got to give it to BigChief, his facts are dead on as usual.

If Franklin is going to overachieve and get there this would be a good year to do so as Metro and 12-AAA is way down.

Although it has been going on 20 years, none of those Metro teams cashed in since Franklin did in 1989 with the exception of MLK a couple of times. And guess who Franklin cashed in against back then in the T$$AA state championship? District 12-AAA power Whites Creek!