Franklin #3, and Antioch #1 in MIDSTATE POLL?

Metro "Ballin"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soooo.... Antioch beats McGavock by 1 on Antioch's court tonight

and.... CPA beats McGavock by 3 on McGavock's court earlier in the year

Obviously not that much difference in the Top 10 in the Midstate.

Sooo, 1st meeting b/w Ant-McG Ant by 17; 2nd mtg, Ant by 12; 3rd mtg, Ant by 1. Bottom line is they got it done. Let CPA play McGavock 3 times and see how many they win.

Sooo, 1st meeting b/w Ant-McG Ant by 17; 2nd mtg, Ant by 12; 3rd mtg, Ant by 1. Bottom line is they got it done. Let CPA play McGavock 3 times and see how many they win.

Didn't say CPA was better than McGavock, but they only played them once and beat them (on McGavock's floor), so I won't say McGavock is better, and you have no basis for saying so. Maybe CPA would win a 3 game series, especially if they played one of them at home.

I also did not say CPA was better than Antioch. They don't play so we won't know.

All I said was based on McGavock being able to play Antioch close, there is not a big gap in quality between the teams rated in the Top 10 in the Mid-State.

Didn't say CPA was better than McGavock, but they only played them once and beat them (on McGavock's floor), so I won't say McGavock is better, and you have no basis for saying so. Maybe CPA would win a 3 game series, especially if they played one of them at home.

I also did not say CPA was better than Antioch. They don't play so we won't know.

All I said was based on McGavock being able to play Antioch close, there is not a big gap in quality between the teams rated in the Top 10 in the Mid-State.

I'll say this again, if you play the same team 3x, you had better improve with each game. Has CPA blown out every team in their district the 2nd time around, probably not. Oh there is a difference, CPA is a quality team, I give them that. But competing on a high level every game in AAA is a big difference than the A ranks.

I'll say this again, if you play the same team 3x, you had better improve with each game. Has CPA blown out every team in their district the 2nd time around, probably not. Oh there is a difference, CPA is a quality team, I give them that. But competing on a high level every game in AAA is a big difference than the A ranks.

O.K. Well here is CPA's first margin of victory against district teams versus the 2nd margin of victory:

FRA: 11 vs. 29

Lipscomb: 3 vs. 12

Pearl Cohn: 12 vs. 13

Ezell: 21 vs. 37

MLK: 26 vs. 35

Still to play again:

Hume Fogg: 14 vs. ?

East Lit: 48 vs. ?

SO, we have blown out each opponent the 2nd time around and beat them worse versus the first. Any more questions?

And by the way, we are AA, not A. Try to keep up.

O.K. Well here is CPA's first margin of victory against district teams versus the 2nd margin of victory:

FRA: 11 vs. 29

Lipscomb: 3 vs. 12

Pearl Cohn: 12 vs. 13

Ezell: 21 vs. 37

MLK: 26 vs. 35

Still to play again:

Hume Fogg: 14 vs. ?

East Lit: 48 vs. ?

SO, we have blown out each opponent the 2nd time around and beat them worse versus the first. Any more questions?

And by the way, we are AA, not A. Try to keep up.

WOW, tough schedule!!!!!!!!

WOW, tough schedule!!!!!!!!

Ever heard of the TSSAA? They set up the district - we didn't. So we scheduled 3 upper division teams in Ga., a Top 10 team in KY., Harpeth twice, Father Ryan, Livingston Academy, Memphis Melrose, and McGavock. Counting Lipscomb (who is a good 2A team), over 1/2 of our games have been against quality opponents.

Only 3 losses to top flight, higher division teams outside of TN. We can't control the quality of our district opponents, only beat them - which we have.