State Duals Pick'em Contest

StarRaider

Here are the championship picks:

AAA Champ: Bradley (12) Clarks (1) Cleveland (1) Hendersonville (1)

AA/A Champ: Seymour (4) EFT (3) Hixson (2) East Lit (1)

D2: TBSFGAG (8) FR (2)

Tiebreaker: keefjams 14 bcb iii 1

Not everyone picked in all divisions, so there will be 4 "CoachT Wrestling Guru" awards, one for the best picks in each of the 3 divisions and the "Most Outstanding Guru" award for 2008 for the best picks total for all three divisions. Each award comes with a fresca or something similar as a tangible symbol of guru status.

rigger101: you can just tag along with BL's picks if you really picked the same (and since you are a vet - and THANK YOU for your service to our country - I have no doubt that you really did). /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rigger101: you can just tag along with BL's picks if you really picked the same (and since you are a vet - and THANK YOU for your service to our country - I have no doubt that you really did). /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sorry. I din't read this topic from the beginning. LOL I walked in on a middle of a conversation. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Looks like I jumped in late. Sorry been out of town working.

My bad.

I defer to the Gruru's of this topic.

Leaving now for the Queen City.

Be gentle on our young Commandos

Here are the championship picks:

AAA Champ: Bradley (12) Clarks (1) Cleveland (1) Hendersonville (1)

AA/A Champ: Seymour (4) EFT (3) Hixson (2) East Lit (1)

D2: TBSFGAG (8) FR (2)

Tiebreaker: keefjams 14 bcb iii 1

Not everyone picked in all divisions, so there will be 4 "CoachT Wrestling Guru" awards, one for the best picks in each of the 3 divisions and the "Most Outstanding Guru" award for 2008 for the best picks total for all three divisions. Each award comes with a fresca or something similar as a tangible symbol of guru status.

rigger101: you can just tag along with BL's picks if you really picked the same (and since you are a vet - and THANK YOU for your service to our country - I have no doubt that you really did).

StarRaider:

Check Rigger's post again. I believe that he tagged along with Bayou Bear's picks ( BB ) instead of mine (BL). Even BCB will admit that BB is the CoachT guru. When the dust settles, Rigger may wish that he had tagged along on BL, but to be fair to BCB and the other competitors, I believe his comment " I concur thats the way my bracket worked out" is set out below ( and was in reply to) Bayou Bear's posted brackets. Sorry if this causes you to have to adjust your summary of the picks, but truth and accuracy are the halmarks of posts on this wrestling board.

StarRaider:

Check Rigger's post again. I believe that he tagged along with Bayou Bear's picks ( BB ) instead of mine (BL). Even BCB will admit that BB is the CoachT guru. When the dust settles, Rigger may wish that he had tagged along on BL, but to be fair to BCB and the other competitors, I believe his comment " I concur thats the way my bracket worked out" is set out below ( and was in reply to) Bayou Bear's posted brackets. Sorry if this causes you to have to adjust your summary of the picks, but truth and accuracy are the halmarks of posts on this wrestling board.

BL: Thanks for the clariification, it was BB instead of yours that rigger101 2nd'ed.

Everyone be safe traveling to/from some great events this weekend!

AAA Through the Quarterfinals (16 pts max)

15 - BoroRef, numba238

14 - bcb iii, BayouBear (& BB's wingman rigger101)

13: StarRaider, Wrestler12, ru4mocs, BuckLateral, SportsFan115

12 - mhhjnh, wrestlebk160, tnko

11 - Bobcat

10 - GEAUXVOLS

06- timdp

A/AA (no results yet)

D2 Through the Quarterfinals (8 pts max)

8 - StarRaider, wreslebk160, ru4mocs, bayouBear (& rigger101), BuckLateral

6 - Sportsfan, BoroRef,

4 - bcb iii, timbdp

AAA Through the Quarterfinals (16 pts max)

15 - BoroRef, numba238

14 - bcb iii, BayouBear (& BB's wingman rigger101)

13: StarRaider, Wrestler12, ru4mocs, BuckLateral, SportsFan115

12 - mhhjnh, wrestlebk160, tnko

11 - Bobcat

10 - GEAUXVOLS

06- timdp

A/AA (no results yet)

8 - StarRaider, wreslebk160, ru4mocs, bayouBear (& rigger101), BuckLateral

6 - Sportsfan, BoroRef,

4 - bcb iii, timbdp

Cumulatively speaking,

BL-----21

bcb iii---18

Bring the money, honey.

Cumulatively speaking,

BL-----21

bcb iii---18

Bring the money, honey.

no body on here except for two ppl out of like 20 predictions thought that an underdog team like antioch could go that far in this tourney. well dont yall just feel like idiots knowing that they got top six in the state out of 16... if u ask me thats a lot better than not making it past the first round...what do u think?

AAA (final)

37 (gurus) - numba238, BayouBear (& rigger101)

36 - StarRaider, bcb iii,

35 - BoroRef

34 - wrestlebk160, BobCat

33 - SportsFan115

32 - GEAUXVOLS

27 - BuckLateral

25 - ru4mocs, tnko

17 - Wrestker12

13 - mhhjnh

07- timdp

A/AA

28 (guru) - ru4mocs

27 - bcb iii

18 - BuckLateral

15 - StarRaider, SportsFan115

14 - wrestlebk160

8 - BoroRef, timbdp

6 - BayouBear (& rigger101)

1 - tnko

31 (guru) - BayouBear (& rigger101) [starRaider also has 31 but can't be a guru in his own Pick'em]

30 - wrestlebk160, ru4mocs

28 - SportsFan115

27 - bcb iii

26 - BoroRef

19 - BuckLateral

14 - tnko

09 - timdp

Overall Points (this is almost too painful to come to the realization of who won)

90 - CoachT Grand Wresling Pick 'Em Guru - bcb iii

no body on here except for two ppl out of like 20 predictions thought that an underdog team like antioch could go that far in this tourney. well dont yall just feel like idiots knowing that they got top six in the state out of 16... if u ask me thats a lot better than not making it past the first round...what do u think?

nope I don't feel like an idiot, I feel like congratulating the Bears (Antioch & Bradley) Raiders, and Irish, and all the other teams that competed this weekend.

Overall Points (this is almost too painful to come to the realization of who won)

90 - CoachT Grand Wresling Pick 'Em Guru - bcb iii

This board is going to be un "bear"able now. EFT three-peats and BCB is crowned the Pick-Em Guru. Shut-up!

For those of you who didn't have an opportunity to get to Clarksville on Saturday afternoon, bcb went from Spycat to CoachCat. I scanned the Irish crowd looking for his green shirt, beads and grey-around-the-edge fake mini-afro and couldn't find him, but then located him standing at the end of the Irish bench. Some how he had wrangled (or more likely stolen) one of the pink coach's cards and was there shouting and motioning instructions to the Irish wrestlers. When Lennon told them to take down, BCB gave them the thumbs up, when Coach Lennon said "down", BCB shouted "up", when Lennon yelled "half", BCB hollered "cradle", if Lennon has said "potato", BCB would have said "tomato". The way he was twisting and spinning on one foot and jumping around on the sideline had me thinking that maybe grappler's stories about his dancing career at Alan Golds were true. At times, his sideline gyrations were better than the ones being performed by the wrestlers on the mat. Somehow EFT's wrestlers managed to ignore BCB and follow Lennon enough for their big win against Seymour, but being the ego-maniac that he is, I'm sure BCB is going to say that he not only picked EFT to win but coached them to the win as well.