State Duals Pick'em Contest

StarRaider

Here??™s an idea??¦ If you live in one school district, that??™s where you go to school, that??™s where you play sports. If you wish for your child to go to another school you move or send them to private school.

Remember we are talking about youth sports??¦ Recruiting twelve year old children is ridiculous. Quit trying to relive your childhood regrets, think about the REAL welfare of your child.

Sure it??™s desirable to attend a school with successful athletic programs, but schools do not exist for the sake of athletics. I would be curious to know how many of you enthusiastic fathers scout the academic record of the school your son to wrestles for.

And we wonder why the future of our country looks grim??¦ Parents farming their children out to the highest bidder, how pathetic. No matter how successful an athlete your son becomes, an athletic career ending injury without a quality education lands them a job with McPukes.

Who ultimately cares in what division your sons wins a state championship??¦Other than a selfish, washed-up, has been.

I did not realize that if you were injured in a sporting activity that your only chance in life would be taken away and you must then go to an hourly job at McPuke's. Which school is providing a quality wrestling program but has no ability to also provide an education as well?

LOL.........

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not realize that if you were injured in a sporting activity that your only chance in life would be taken away and you must then go to an hourly job at McPuke's. Which school is providing a quality wrestling program but has no ability to also provide an education as well?

LOL.........

Tex, I may be reading too much into Sac's comments, but I think he means if our sons bypass an education for professional wrestling, then get injured, they would only be qualified to work in the fast food industry.

SAC, Last time I checked being a good athlete and being a student are not mutually exclusive. Actually most of the time they go hand and hand. It's just the idiots like Adam "PacBOY" Jones that screws the image up for the rest.

I'm relatively certain that most of this "recruiting" talk on this particular message is just a joke. However, for those who are recruited in reality to the private schools are probably getting a top notch education. Just look where most of those kids wind up going to college.

So save your jealousy of not being recruited or your son not being recruited for another group of people.

By the way, just in case you think I'm baised. I went to the public school I was zoned for.

Tex, I may be reading too much into Sac's comments, but I think he means if our sons bypass an education for professional wrestling, then get injured, they would only be qualified to work in the fast food industry.

What are you talking about, Tex?

Hulk Hogan-----Hogan Knows Best and movies

The Rock-------Curse of The Mummy, Scorpion King, Walking Tall......

Steve Austin-----recurring character on Nash Bridges

Chyna-----Fear Factor, Surreal Life

Rowdy Roddy Piper---H*ll Comes to Frogtown ( 1988), They Live (1988), Legless Larry and The

Lipstick Lady ( 1999), Shut Up and Shoot (2005)

Jesse Ventura------Predator, Governor of Minnesota

There are plenty of good gigs out there for injured, washed up professional wrestlers. Who needs an education.

Rowdy Roddy Piper---H*ll Comes to Frogtown ( 1988), They Live (1988), Legless Larry and The

There are plenty of good gigs out there for injured, washed up professional wrestlers. Who needs an education.

Where in the world do you come up with this useless, but entertaining info?

Your Son bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Where in the world do you come up with this useless, but entertaining info?

Your Son bcb iii

You might be entertained by my picks I'm working on as well, following some soul searching and a visit to The Ave Maria Grotto down in Cullman. To be posted later.

Is the Green Machine invading Clarksville tomorrow night? I understand that the barbrians of the Red Mist will be engulfing the Franklin Road area motels tomorrow for their anticipated Sacking of Rome on Saturday.

Are you still going to try to Double Dip?

SAC, Last time I checked being a good athlete and being a student are not mutually exclusive. Actually most of the time they go hand and hand. It's just the idiots like Adam "PacBOY" Jones that screws the image up for the rest.

I'm relatively certain that most of this "recruiting" talk on this particular message is just a joke. However, for those who are recruited in reality to the private schools are probably getting a top notch education. Just look where most of those kids wind up going to college.

So save your jealousy of not being recruited or your son not being recruited for another group of people.

By the way, just in case you think I'm baised. I went to the public school I was zoned for.

In all actuality, my point was that regardless of where these young men go to school, the legitimacy of their state championship is valid. Why tout which division title means more. Acknowledge the hard work and dedication that these athletes, and their parents, have put into earning these titles.

And yes, it is idiots like "pacman" Jones, Michael Vick and Alan Iverson that our youth see in the limelight. Its products of selfish parents like DeAngelo Williams who ultimately suffer; my son's not going into the draft unless...

The other point was that as parents it is imperative for us to ensure our children are getting a quality education and not just receiving grades because they are athletes. Believe it or not, there are actually parents more concerned with their children attending physical conditioning sessions than they are about them doing their homework.

As a coach, I am for athletes being the best they can be. Being the best they can be meaning not only the best athlete, but also the best individual and best student. Unfortunately today's generation doesn't have that outlook. And that's where we as parents need to direct our efforts.

Additionally, I am all for having fun, team spirit and good wholesome competition, but not at the expense of a juvenile... Kids these days are up against enough without having parents using them as their form of entertainment.

Please spare yourself the efforts of trying to provoke me into your childish "your not worthy games". My athletic efforts earned me plenty, and my son's will be seen for years to come. It's unfortunate that your education only provided you the mere ability to read words and not how to place them into context.

I think that the Rock went to Miami.

Steve Austin went to North Texas,,,,,not sure he graduated.

LOL.......I agree with BCB .

I think that the Rock went to Miami.

Steve Austin went to North Texas,,,,,not sure he graduated.

LOL.......I agree with BCB .

Don't leave out Kevin Nash aka Big Sexy who got kicked off the UT basketball team and was in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, the new "The Longest Yard", The Love Boat, and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (among others).

State Duals Pick'em

AAA Round 1 (1 pt for each correct answer)

Bradley

Hendersonville

Indy

Greeneville

Clarksville

Cleveland

Blackman

Overton

Round 2 (2 pts each) - Enter your four semifinalist picks

1 Hendersonville

2 Indy

3 Clarksville

4 Blackman

Round 3 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists

1 Hendersonville

2 Clarksville

Champion (8 pts)- Hendersonville

Runnerup (4 pts)- Clarksville

3rd (2 pts)- Blackman

4th (1 pt)- Indy

Little Fellers (A/AA)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

Seymour

Notre Dame

East Lit

Hixson

Round 2 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists

1Seymour

2East Lit

Champion (8 pts)- East Lit

Runnerup (4 pts)- Seymour

3rd (2 pts)- Hixson

4th (1 pt)- Notre Dame

Ronnie Carter's Dumb Mistake (aka Div 2)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

MBA

BA

FR

McCallie

1 MBA

2 Father Ryan

Champion (8 pts)- Father Ryan

Runnerup (4 pts)- MBA

3rd (2 pts)- McCallie

4th (1 pt)- BA

Tie Breaker: keefjam

State Duals Pick'em

AAA Round 1 (1 pt for each correct answer)

Bradley

Hendersonville

Indy

Greeneville

Clarksville

Cleveland

Blackman

Overton

Round 2 (2 pts each) - Enter your four semifinalist picks

1 Hendersonville

2 Indy

3 Clarksville

4 Blackman

Round 3 (4 pts each) _ Pick the finalists

1 Hendersonville

2 Clarksville

Champion (8 pts)- Hendersonville

Runnerup (4 pts)- Clarksville

3rd (2 pts)- Blackman

4th (1 pt)- Indy

Little Fellers (A/AA)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

Seymour

Notre Dame

East Lit

Hixson

1Seymour

2East Lit

Champion (8 pts)- East Lit

Runnerup (4 pts)- Seymour

3rd (2 pts)- Hixson

4th (1 pt)- Notre Dame

Ronnie Carter's Dumb Mistake (aka Div 2)

Round 1 (2 pts each)

MBA

BA

FR

McCallie

1 MBA

2 Father Ryan

Champion (8 pts)- Father Ryan

Runnerup (4 pts)- MBA

3rd (2 pts)- McCallie

4th (1 pt)- BA