Clay Co. 63, Pickett Co. 70 OT

7asuperfan

Pickett Co. gets the inside track to the district with the win, a win Friday night against RBS will clinch the regular season district title. Great basketball game by both teams, Clay lead the entire game, but Pickett Co. battled in the final mins to pull back into it. TC Capps, who went down earlier in the fourth quarter with some sort of knee injury, but came back in a Willis Reed type moment. With PC down 3 with a min and a half left, TC checked back in, made a lay-up and later a free throw to force over time. Wright made 7 of 8 free throws in OT to clinch the win. Jacob Wright lead everyone with 29 points, Logan added 14, J. Brown 11, Capps 5 big ones. Clay Co was lead by Garrett with 18 and Birdwell with 17. Great game by both teams

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this game a likely preview of the region finals? These two teams will likely have a lot of trouble with either Grace or CSAS. Has either of them ever come to Chattanooga and won a sub-state game?

This game is probably gonna be the region final, but Friendship played Clay Co close, so they might could sneak in there, Jackson Co could as well, cause they have beat Clay Co already. PC won once back in 2000 when it was still that modified sectional format. As for Clay I don't know, I'm not an expert on Clay Co basketbatt history. How do you figure PC will have a lot of trouble with CSAS or Grace? PC beat Grace up here without TC, given that Grace didn't have their big guy, but we didn't either, and we still beat Grace.......badly. Then CSAS has lost to Grace, so how can you say with confidence that either of those teams will beat PC. Pickett Co. has lost 7 games this year, but only 1, I repeat, only 1 of those games was to a single A team (Clay Co). The others came to 1. 7AA Livingston Academy (2) who is in the top ten in AA and will most likely be in the state tournament and York Institute (1), 2. White Co. (1) who more than likely will be in the state tournament in AAA, and 3. Two KY teams (2) who we were playing in their state, in their gym, with their refs. KY basketball is a completely different style of basketball than TN, so that makes a difference. I don't think Pickett Co. will lose again in the regular season and hopefully won't lose in tournaments either.

Was this game a likely preview of the region finals? These two teams will likely have a lot of trouble with either Grace or CSAS. Has either of them ever come to Chattanooga and won a sub-state game?

The winner of our region should win the substate game and i think the winner of the region down there should have a good chance of going to the state as well. Don't think many of the teams in recent memory have came down there and won a substate game but i'm not for sure. What i am for sure of is there isn't a girls team in that region or the CITY OF CHATTANOOGA that could make it out of our district 7A tournament let alone the region. So just keep asking stupid questions and insert foot in mouth.

The winner of our region should win the substate game and i think the winner of the region down there should have a good chance of going to the state as well. Don't think many of the teams in recent memory have came down there and won a substate game but i'm not for sure. What i am for sure of is there isn't a girls team in that region or the CITY OF CHATTANOOGA that could make it out of our district 7A tournament let alone the region. So just keep asking stupid questions and insert foot in mouth.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but wow.....you couldn't be more correct. Last year was the first time PC had lost a home sub-state game, so I don't see anyone coming up here and winning against us, if we win region like we should.

After talking to people who have seen Pickett play twice in the last week, they are not as good as last year. Grace has gotten things together and is a lot better than when you played them earlier in the year. CSAS lost to Grace without their all state point guard Dontay Hampton. Let me refresh your memory...CSAS came up there and and beat the unbeatable at the Wheelhouse. You guys beat Grace at home and CSAS killed Grace at their place when they were at full strength. Yall beat Temple by 8 at Temple and CSAS won their by 26.

After talking to people who have seen Pickett play twice in the last week, they are not as good as last year. Grace has gotten things together and is a lot better than when you played them earlier in the year. CSAS lost to Grace without their all state point guard Dontay Hampton. Let me refresh your memory...CSAS came up there and and beat the unbeatable at the Wheelhouse. You guys beat Grace at home and CSAS killed Grace at their place when they were at full strength. Yall beat Temple by 8 at Temple and CSAS won their by 26.

Hows your girls teams going to come out?

Hows your girls teams going to come out?

They are 14-5 right now and have been beating people pretty bad lately. They should win the region. They lost to Grace at the beginning of the year when they were missing a couple players, but recently beat Grace by 20+. CSAS should host and Grace will travel.

They are 14-5 right now and have been beating people pretty bad lately. They should win the region. They lost to Grace at the beginning of the year when they were missing a couple players, but recently beat Grace by 20+. CSAS should host and Grace will travel.

So CSAS will lose by 25 at home to Clarkrange and Grace will lose by 50 at Jackson County in the substate.