RBS - What Happened?

dude10

No, I never attended any of the bball games. Baseball is a boring sport to me--I'd rather sit at home and pull my fingernails out with pliers. This conversation with a breakfast item is going nowhere. Blueberry, I'm gonna assume you never saw any of the games whhile Baughn was jr. high football coach since you only talk about his one yr. as bball coach. You seriously need to change your user name because it makes me hungry for a hot blueberry muffin. I like to drive down to that patch off 231 before the river bridge and pick some fresh blueberries. We make blueberry muffins and pancakes, uuummm good! Good Luck to the RBS Bulldogs and Coach Baughn!

Those fresh blueberries are 4 miles from my house. I live just off 231 S.

I truly hope you folks can get this program on track. I wish I had answers

I could give you, but I don't. Do you have a QB club, or some organized

support of that nature? If not, this would help in some respects. Fan base

is crucial as well. You have some talent & athletes there. I watched them

closely last year when we played you there, and was impressed with their

potential. It needs to be developed. HS football fans statewide would like to see these young men succeed. That's obvious from posts on this board

alone. Hope you win every game, except one ( TC ), LOL.

Good folks in RBS....they deserve better.

See you on the Creekbank this yr......good luck.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those fresh blueberries are 4 miles from my house. I live just off 231 S.

I truly hope you folks can get this program on track. I wish I had answers

I could give you, but I don't. Do you have a QB club, or some organized

support of that nature? If not, this would help in some respects. Fan base

is crucial as well. You have some talent & athletes there. I watched them

closely last year when we played you there, and was impressed with their

potential. It needs to be developed. HS football fans statewide would like to see these young men succeed. That's obvious from posts on this board

alone. Hope you win every game, except one ( TC ), LOL.

Good folks in RBS....they deserve better.

See you on the Creekbank this yr......good luck.

YES! RBS does have a quarterback club and it is running better than ever. We have already started our fund raisers for this upcoming season and have several things planned for the next few months. Also we have membership cards available to anyone wishing to help out our guys. These can be purchased from any qb club member. The club is doing everything it can to help get the players what they need and are working on other things as well to get them ready for the up coming season. Right now we still do not have a head football coach but some of the guys are working really hard to get in shape for this season and are having a good time to. Football is a great sport and fun but there has to be hard work, dedication, determination, motivation, dicipline and last but not least a very good leader willing to go all out for these guys. They deserve a to have a fair chance just like all other football teams. If the dedication and determination is not there it will not work. Only a good leader to step up and take charge can change this program and I do believe it is going to happen this year.

YES! RBS does have a quarterback club and it is running better than ever. We have already started our fund raisers for this upcoming season and have several things planned for the next few months. Also we have membership cards available to anyone wishing to help out our guys. These can be purchased from any qb club member. The club is doing everything it can to help get the players what they need and are working on other things as well to get them ready for the up coming season. Right now we still do not have a head football coach but some of the guys are working really hard to get in shape for this season and are having a good time to. Football is a great sport and fun but there has to be hard work, dedication, determination, motivation, dicipline and last but not least a very good leader willing to go all out for these guys. They deserve a to have a fair chance just like all other football teams. If the dedication and determination is not there it will not work. Only a good leader to step up and take charge can change this program and I do believe it is going to happen this year.

Sounds good! I really hope you can get this thing turned around. We still do not have a head coach here either. We're

still scratching our heads over on this side of the hill too. LOL

I talked to one of the asst. coaches today. He said there were

about a dozen or more applications already, with more likely.

Some from in state, out of state, and in house. The outcome

could go from business as usual, to so - so, to a disaster.

Clint will go thru this with a fine tooth comb, so honestly don;t

foresee a disaster.

Keep the guys working hard, get a great leader, you'll be good

to go.

Go Bulldogs!!

Has a hire been made yet,or will someone be forced to take it.

There is someone who wants the job, but the parents and the QB club don't want him. They want someone who will listen to them and play people where they want them.(sounds sort of like the school up the road). The supporters of the RBS football program are hurting the team by this delay. These young men need someone in place now before they get discouraged and begin leaving the team.

My advice would be: hire a qualified coach, let him coach the team,and support him and all of the decisions he makes (whether you agree or not)

There is someone who wants the job, but the parents and the QB club don't want him. They want someone who will listen to them and play people where they want them.(sounds sort of like the school up the road). The supporters of the RBS football program are hurting the team by this delay. These young men need someone in place now before they get discouraged and begin leaving the team.

My advice would be: hire a qualified coach, let him coach the team,and support him and all of the decisions he makes (whether you agree or not)

Why don't they want to hire Baughn? I figured the way the parents were calling for Boles' job and the way Baughn was

going behind his back to get the job, it was a match made in @#$$. I don't know if Boles smelled a rat or was just fed up with the whole thing,but his resignation was a suprise and the Quarterback Club now has no plan. If they(QBC) aren't careful the program could be on its way out because after a couple of years they will barely have enough players and Baughn is known for running good players off.

Why don't they want to hire Baughn? I figured the way the parents were calling for Boles' job and the way Baughn was

going behind his back to get the job, it was a match made in @#$$. I don't know if Boles smelled a rat or was just fed up with the whole thing,but his resignation was a suprise and the Quarterback Club now has no plan. If they(QBC) aren't careful the program could be on its way out because after a couple of years they will barely have enough players and Baughn is known for running good players off.

Finally someone knows Baughn for what he is.

Word is that Baughn is the new HC to be announced at next school board meeting. I only know what I have read on here about him, but it seems strange that they are staying in house. I would have expected a fresh start. However, how many applicants were there and how many of those applicants fit into the teaching openings? I hope the QBC is not looking for a yes man or the program will be in trouble whoever it is. Booster clubs are for support of the program not running it.

Word is that Baughn is the new HC to be announced at next school board meeting. I only know what I have read on here about him, but it seems strange that they are staying in house. I would have expected a fresh start. However, how many applicants were there and how many of those applicants fit into the teaching openings? I hope the QBC is not looking for a yes man or the program will be in trouble whoever it is. Booster clubs are for support of the program not running it.

This whole deal sounds like RBS football has a serious uphill battle with this QB Club. Motivated Bulldog Mom sounds like she wants to be the coach. Their only hope for success IMO is that the principal and superintendant will be on the same page with whoever they hire as HC. I've said on here in the past I hink RBS needs to shut football down and consolidate with Macon Co HS. RBS football has been a total joke since their beginning. Only ONE WINNING SEASON EVER (i think it was 6-4 in late 70's--not sure), they lost something like 80-90 in a row back in the late 80's-early 90's(does anyone from RBS have the facts on that..I just remember it being a huge amount? It was all over the news!) I say that RBS should be given one last chance to put a decent team on the field. From my friends in Lafayette I've talked to, they speak preety highly of Coach Baughn. I talk to a man from RBS and he thinks highly of him also. I'v heard he played at Gallatin HS back in their glory days and playoff runs. Maybe the higher ups in Macon will give him a shot. If he can't get them going , I say GO TIGERS! Get 7-8 boys from RBS and ship them 2 Lafayette to play football. I predict that RBS football will FOLD preety soon. Not enough boys over there. Also, the boys over there are just kinda wimpy traditionally--morev suited for basketball. I'm just being real so don't get mad...just get MOTIVATED, RBS !! Good Luck Bulldogs!!

Makes no sense to hire from within if there is anyone else that is qualified that wants the job. But that may be their problem finding someone that wants to come in and fight with the QBC and face all the other challenges as well.

Makes no sense to hire from within if there is anyone else that is qualified that wants the job. But that may be their problem finding someone that wants to come in and fight with the QBC and face all the other challenges as well.

To the ones blaming all this on the quarter back club you really don't know what your'e talking about. The parents and club are all for the guys and now they do have several players who are really working extra hard for this upcoming season. All that is needed here is for them to have a good coach and lots of dicipline. The quarter back club is doing everything it can to raise money for these guys and the fund raisers are going really well. That is something these guys have not had much of in the past. Before they only had very few members and now they have more support than they ever had. If you would like to see what takes place at the meetings just show up at the school on 042908 at 6:00 that is the next qbc meeting and see for yourself who is for this football program. RBS has always been about basketball and now we want it to be about football as well and will do whatever it takes to make that happen.We the qbc cannot help it if they have not got us a coach but talk to any player from RBS and they will tell you that YES the parents are here to help not hurt anyone of them and has not ran anybody off.Tony Boles resigned on his on free will.