Beaverfan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several players in Northeast Tennessee to watch in the Jr. Class

I am sure I will miss some but here is a start:

Tennessee High

Jon Krebbs - big righty with a 90 mph fastball - big upside, would be a great JUCO fit

Jarod Payne - Solid MIF with great game knowledge, will probably play JUCO to start

SHHS-

Nat Patterson - Clutch hitting 1b, can swing with power- depending on growth this year, will get NAIA to D1 interest. This summer will dictate were he lands

Ben McKinney- Smooth Strong - has developed a 2 seam fastball that's nasty, has hit 90's but will pitch in the upper 80's. Will get much D1 interest.

Lance Reed- Great baseball pedigree- just switching to a catching position this year. Will have a bit of work here but has a great teacher. He will play college at some level.

Others to watch at SHHS are Sims, Mancusso, Muse and DeLoach

David Crockett

This kid is a Soph but Clint Freeman has a chance to be really good. Clint is a solid two way looking for a postition he can claim. How he settles into that role will determine where he can play at the college level.

Unicoi HS-

Watch Bobby Smith- He has the potential to get strong NAIA interest, UCHS has some strong sophmore prospects in Logan Rice, Seth Whitson, and DW Whitson -

There are several more, Dunbar and Crapps at Elizabethton, The Shortstop at DB (I don't have his name) Sulivan East has some really nice younger kids including a sophmore (I think his name is Tate) with a low to mid 80's fastball that will be a surprise to a lot of big nine teams.

This was a quick top of mind download so for the obvious I missed, sorry in advance.

RYAN CASTEEL! hands down... catcher at Bradley Central can smash! He also throws around a 1.9... already receiving a ton of letters from schools including LSU... Heath Comerford from McMinn County, pitcher/catcher/1B, can carve up anyone or gas it by them... not to mention Comerford can hammer the ball.... already receiving a ton of letters from schools including Auburn

Noe is a senior..

and question... are we talking about players who are juniors that are going to go on to play college baseball or are we talking about players who will commit during their junior season??

I meant players who will commit after their Junior year during the signing period.