Juniior Players College Predictions

Beaverfan

Maybe Cade Stallings and Mac Thoreson (sp) from Farragut..other than that...there arent many in East TN or at least around Knox.

There is a player at Karns that is a Junior this year who made the Perfect Game's top 500 high school players in the nation as a sophomore. He has two recruiting letters from Miami (Ohio). Also, has strong recruiting letters from Baylor, Miss. State, Austin Peay, and Memphis State. Other schools that show a strong interest interest are ETSU, Tenn. Wesleyan (NAIA No. 10 preseason) and Chattanooga State (Finished No. 3 in JUCO for 2007 season).

GUESS WHO?

I agree that Curtis Powell and Jordan Cooper from Farragut will sign this year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a player at Karns that is a Junior this year who made the Perfect Game's top 500 high school players in the nation as a sophomore. He has two recruiting letters from Miami (Ohio). Also, has strong recruiting letters from Baylor, Miss. State, Austin Peay, and Memphis State. Other schools that show a strong interest interest are ETSU, Tenn. Wesleyan (NAIA No. 10 preseason) and Chattanooga State (Finished No. 3 in JUCO for 2007 season).

GUESS WHO?

I agree that Curtis Powell and Jordan Cooper will sign this year.

You.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My eyes are open on knowing the players but apprently not reading the boards..haha. i misread and thought that we were talking of players that would commit during their junior season...not in the signing period. But you will see almost anyone thats any good sign in the signing period. Players now-a-days like to sign early.

Provide some feeback of the upcoming East Tennessee Players that are Juniors that will get a college scholarship. Go ahead and include level of the school for the player (NCAA D1, D2, NAIA, or JUCO) if you can.

Baseball "scholarships" are plentiful if kids want to pay the price, because its a job when you get in college. I believe every kid that has played at Ooltewah the last two seasons has gotten some sort of scholarship. The reason is that just about every college and juco has a baseball program. Furthermore, some kids that could be good college players don't want the "hassle" of having a job in college. I had this discussion with a prominent head baseball coach at a local private school who told me that he has had many players turn down scholarships.

A better question might be who is going to sign and SEC scholarship or go DI?

Baseball "scholarships" are plentiful if kids want to pay the price, because its a job when you get in college. I believe every kid that has played at Ooltewah the last two seasons has gotten some sort of scholarship. The reason is that just about every college and juco has a baseball program. Furthermore, some kids that could be good college players don't want the "hassle" of having a job in college. I had this discussion with a prominent head baseball coach at a local private school who told me that he has had many players turn down scholarships.

A better question might be who is going to sign and SEC scholarship or go DI?

I disagree as there are more high school players than college openings or scholarships. Also, many great players get drafted come from schools other than D1. Many current professional star players are from schools you have probably never even heard of before. I can't argue with what that coach said, but I have never seen a top level player go through high school baseball and turn down a baseball scholarship. I can understand if it is some small unknown school hundreds of miles away.

A great majority of high school players never get an offer from any college or university. Only the top level players even any offer at all, including JUCO schools.

You.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My eyes are open on knowing the players but apprently not reading the boards..haha. i misread and thought that we were talking of players that would commit during their junior season...not in the signing period. But you will see almost anyone thats any good sign in the signing period. Players now-a-days like to sign early.

I am missing something here. The junior year and the summer after is the most important time. Therefore, I am talking about players who will sign after the summer of their junior season. NCAA regulations do not even allow a coach or school to call until after July 1 following a player's junior year. I believe there is also a signiing period. Therefore, I am not following what time period you are talking about.

Come on JohnDoe...I waiting on some more feedback.

And did you guess what player that is a Junior at Karns I am talking about?

I mean come on....Cade and Mac are good players, so I'll give you that....but the only ones around any good...come on now. I know some more that I will name later. Someone already had to point out Powell and Cooper. You must be living a sheltered life.

Let's hear it!

Come on JohnDoe...I waiting on some more feedback.

And did you guess what player that is a Junior at Karns I am talking about?

I mean come on....Cade and Mac are good players, so I'll give you that....but the only ones around any good...come on now. I know some more that I will name later. Someone already had to point out Powell and Cooper. You must be living a sheltered life.

Let's hear it!

I was speaking of players that would commit..not sign...but commit sometime around july 1 when they can start talking to you...and there aint many of them thats why i figured if anyone it would be Cade or Mac because they both work extremely hard and are the best around in the junior class.... but there will be a lot of players sign before their senior year, simply because early signing is the new "thing". I have no clue who the kid is from Karns that is a Junior...I dont recall Karns having any great JRs. Sorry. Just my opinion.

And any high school player that wants to play college baseball can find a spot...theres a place out there for everyone, you just gotta find it. And i'm talking about the kids that will work their butts off to get to the next level, regardless of skill. Skill is not as important to a college coach as work ethic.

I was speaking of players that would commit..not sign...but commit sometime around july 1 when they can start talking to you...and there aint many of them thats why i figured if anyone it would be Cade or Mac because they both work extremely hard and are the best around in the junior class.... but there will be a lot of players sign before their senior year, simply because early signing is the new "thing". I have no clue who the kid is from Karns that is a Junior...I dont recall Karns having any great JRs. Sorry. Just my opinion.

And any high school player that wants to play college baseball can find a spot...theres a place out there for everyone, you just gotta find it. And i'm talking about the kids that will work their butts off to get to the next level, regardless of skill. Skill is not as important to a college coach as work ethic.

I guess I am still not following you on the "commit" thing and the "early signing being the new thing". I'll have to wait and see on that one.

And you don't have to be sorry about stating your opinion. I just assumed it is more of a matter lack of knowledge of the players than opinion. It's a good thing you aren't the local collegiate scout... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

College coaches are looking for skill. I don't know of any major programs that recruit hard work instead of skill. Obviously, a majority of good players are hard workers. However, I've see kids that are the hardest workers that will never even get to play high school varsity baseball. I guess you are saying they will get college scholarship offers. I can tell you.....NO WAY!!

Is there a parallel universe I am unaware of where hard work gets you a scholarship instead of being able to perform at a certain skill level?

I guess I am still not following you on the "commit" thing and the "early signing being the new thing". I'll have to wait and see on that one.

And you don't have to be sorry about stating your opinion. I just assumed it is more of a matter lack of knowledge of the players than opinion. It's a good thing you aren't the local collegiate scout... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

College coaches are looking for skill. I don't know of any major programs that recruit hard work instead of skill. Obviously, a majority of good players are hard workers. However, I've see kids that are the hardest workers that will never even get to play high school varsity baseball. I guess you are saying they will get college scholarship offers. I can tell you.....NO WAY!!

Is there a parallel universe I am unaware of where hard work gets you a scholarship instead of being able to perform at a certain skill level?

As for committing, I am talking about players who commit around July 1 or so...like Josh Liles last year, he was committed to UT way before the signing period.

The early signing period is like the first week in November after the players junior year....that is when most above average high school players sign....thats what im talking about being the "new thing".

and im saying most high school players will have the option to play high school ball if they find the right place...the smaller schools look for players with good work ethics....and some bigger schools too...all depends on the coach. I mean its a good thing ur going D1 or else you wouldnt know about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's not lack of knowledge of players, its an opinion..just as urs is..who is the player from karns? Stroup? he is the only decent junior karns has.

As for committing, I am talking about players who commit around July 1 or so...like Josh Liles last year, he was committed to UT way before the signing period.

The early signing period is like the first week in November after the players junior year....that is when most above average high school players sign....thats what im talking about being the "new thing".

and im saying most high school players will have the option to play high school ball if they find the right place...the smaller schools look for players with good work ethics....and some bigger schools too...all depends on the coach. I mean its a good thing ur going D1 or else you wouldnt know about it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's not lack of knowledge of players, its an opinion..just as urs is..who is the player from karns? Stroup? he is the only decent junior karns has.

Okay, we'll go with Stroup, since you really know your players. Look at the Karns write-up on the TBCA.org website. Maybe that'll help you. I'll leave it at that for now and let you know the end result when it is all said and done. Maybe you can get out to some games and see for yourself. It will be self-evident.

I agree. Cade, Mac, Cooper, and Curt will all go D-1. They get letters almost daily and they are great guys. As far as cade bein an extremely hard worker.... im gonna have to say no. He is when he wants to, but mainly he is just extremely gifted. I'm pretty sure God created him to hit a baseball 400 feet.

I agree. Cade, Mac, Cooper, and Curt will all go D-1. They get letters almost daily and they are great guys. As far as cade bein an extremely hard worker.... im gonna have to say no. He is when he wants to, but mainly he is just extremely gifted. I'm pretty sure God created him to hit a baseball 400 feet.

I feel the main goal of any high school player should be to get a good education. Playing baseball can help pay for this education and also have a good GPA and ACT score can also help pay for your education. Playing D1 or D2 or NAIA doesn't matter in my opinion. Get that education, baseball does not last forever!