Cannon County

Gridiron88

THREE STINKIN GAMES? you've gotta be kiddin me. thats almost as good as red boiling springs! is it the players or poor coaching

Congratulations to Coach Sanders on landing the head coaching job. He is a super guy and role model for my son. I know he will be missed by all of the players. To the guy who posted on Shelbyville??™s three wins. I don??™t believe its Coach Sanders fault for that. He is not the head coach and if he was believe me this wouldn??™t be an issue. He came into a program that was pathetic. I don??™t believe you can judge him by that. He is the offensive coach and I can tell you what he did with the talent he had was tremendous. The same kids played defense that were on offense. The d gave up 50 points a game while the o was scoring around 3 times a game. He came in two years ago from Gallatin and was somewhere in Georgia before that. I believe my son said he was an all state center at Henderson high school and played at MTSU. He is also head track coach. Woodbury is getting a great coach and I can promise you that. I don??™t know what all the sarcasm is about, but Coach is more then qualified to be the head coach.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely some people are jumping the gun on sayings Sanders got the job. There has been no official decision made as of yet. However, the field has been narrowed from 47 people down to 3. I am not totally sure who is left or not, but what I do know is I hope if Sanders gets the job the discipline problems from Shelbyville don't follow him to Cannon Co. I am fimiliar with Bedford and Cannon Counties and yes there are differences in the two communitities so hopfully some of the on the field and off the field problems will not manifest in Cannon County if Sanders is selected.

One thing I know Cannon County is looking for is a person that will stick with the Wing-T. Now if I wanted a person that knew the Wing-T like the back of his hand and had a handle on discipline I wouldn't pass on Coach Bartsch from Oakland. If he did one thing at Oakland it was getting a team to win that hadn't in a while and look good doing it. If you are fimiliar with the Wing-T looking at game film it is obvious the guy knows his stuff. The new head coach at Oakland is definitely making his first big mistake by not keeping this guy around.

well if they want someone who runs the wing-t and knows whats going on, then why not assistant coach matt daniel? he knows the offense as well as anyone and has been around ever since barger became coach, and has learned alot. u can say he dont have experience, but hey everyone has to start somewhere..give him his shot. he's earned it

well if they want someone who runs the wing-t and knows whats going on, then why not assistant coach matt daniel? he knows the offense as well as anyone and has been around ever since barger became coach, and has learned alot. u can say he dont have experience, but hey everyone has to start somewhere..give him his shot. he's earned it

Kermit Reed of Franklin Co. is a wing-t guru!!! He knows the offense as good as anyone around. And coaching ability... that man could coach a stick to fetch a dog!!!! Not a thing that little giant cant do!

I have actually worked with Coach Bartsch in the past, and the guy does know his stuff. I personally am not a huge fan of the Wing-T(I like Pro-Style and Veer Option) but if I were wanting to run that set, than I would give him a call first. He is also a stickler for discipline. And not just discipline off the field. THe plays are expected to be run crisp and clean...all the way from the huddle to the whistle. He is a California guy, and brings some west coast wing-t philosophies that have a proven track record. In his first year as Oakland's freshmen head coach, he took a team that had not won in a long while and had a winning record while earning respect from the players and parents along the way. I think he deserves a shot.

I have actually worked with Coach Bartsch in the past, and the guy does know his stuff. I personally am not a huge fan of the Wing-T(I like Pro-Style and Veer Option) but if I were wanting to run that set, than I would give him a call first. He is also a stickler for discipline. And not just discipline off the field. THe plays are expected to be run crisp and clean...all the way from the huddle to the whistle. He is a California guy, and brings some west coast wing-t philosophies that have a proven track record. In his first year as Oakland's freshmen head coach, he took a team that had not won in a long while and had a winning record while earning respect from the players and parents along the way. I think he deserves a shot.

What is the big deal about the wing-t? Anyone who can read can get all the base plays. The wing-t was invented for teams to be able to have a set group of formations and plays. This lets you use angles with smaller lineman and misdirection to help an average backfield with limited speed. Almost everyone who uses the wing-t runs the same plays. Only a few can add a wrinkle. A good back is wasted in the wing-t because he can only run to one side of the formation. Just an opinion but a coach should be picked on things other than what offense or defense he runs.

My understanding is that Bartsch took the freshmen job as a choice. He has worked under some extremely successful coaches in California. A couple had some of the most wins in the state during their tenure. He also has experience coaching many positions. The reason the offensive set is mentioned so much is that Cannon Co. has expressed the desire to run the wing-t. Maybe he is the guy for the job, maybe he isn't, but the fact that he was a freshmen head coach should be a non-issue. He's coached 6 years at the varsity level. When he coached at Wilson Central was the first time he had freshmen. Especially when he was coaching in 5-A, and Cannon Co. is a 3-A program.