Cannon County

Gridiron88

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, a 5A freshman team has most of the equivalent make up of a 2A program. About the same number of players with about the same amount of talent. Was CC able to keep the Coach Daniels that was mentioned on staff? If they were and if Coach B and Coach Daniels can mesh then that will be a big positive for Cannon Co. Good luck CC.....except for that one game a year.

C'mon now.

I like Cannon County, but let's not throw them in with Alcoa, Smith County, Milan, Goodpasture, CPA, Westview, Huntington, Loudon, Peabody, Lewis County, Hickman County, and Camden just quite yet.

I am a realist enough to realize it will not be this year, but it does provide food for thought for the future. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

CC is still rural enough to have a bunch of BIG old farm boys and folks are moving there everyday with the growth from Rutherford County spilling over the county line. Can't say that for some of the other counties you listed. Smith County, Lewis County, Camden and Milan are not exactly hotbeds of population growth.

Main thing is it will not be a gimme game anymore when they are played.

Can you imagine what a headache Rankin would have had if Crawford had gone to Blackman, or Britton had gotten the job at Siegel with all the talent they have? That is just two that I know of that has gone on.

As for Coach B (I am not even gonna try to spell it this early in the morning) going to CC, GOOD for him and good luck! If he takes the kind of Wing T that they use in WC with the throwing game they use it could do real well. If nothing else it could bring up some interesting possibilities come Gold Ball time in this state. Isn't Alcoa 2A as well? Now that is ONE 2A matchup I would pay big money to see!B)

Can we all tell who I would be rooting for? Yes, I knew we could. Go LIONS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You would pay big money to see Cannon Co. vs Alcoa?

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

You would pay big money to see Cannon Co. vs Alcoa?

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

In a year or so, Yes I would. Of course I have paid for some good seats for a prize fight only to see the challenger get knocked out in the first minute of the first round too. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

In a year or so, Yes I would. Of course I have paid for some good seats for a prize fight only to see the challenger get knocked out in the first minute of the first round too. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

There's no way CC will compete with Alcoa in the next several years. Alcoa is loaded with young talent. They will be much better the next few years than they were the last few. That's a scary thought...but it is true.