Grace at Temple Friday

ABBRH

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ll go out on a limb and pick Temple by 4????????? Dont know why just think its their time.

I think you're right. Temple has gotten better since the first game against Grace in January 11. They proved to themselves that they can play with the best in the region last week at CSAS. They will have their first strong student section of the year, and will feed off it.

Sorry Grace. No way you win at Vance this year.

When was the last time Grace won at Vance....wasn't it 2003-2004 season??? 2006-2007 we swept grace... the year before we went 1-4- but 1 loss came at Grace and the other 3 were at the university

I think the only time Grace has won at Vance this century was the district championship in February, 2004.

it's not going to matter where the game is played this year. even though it is temple's gym, i can promise you Grace will bring a lot more fans and a student section that has been consistent and great all year long. The noise is going to be a factor i think.

but as far as the game goes.........

i think that Herman and Church have "gelled" more over the past few weeks with the other players and started playing better team ball. Grace's bench is also deep. They have a good ball handlers (granger hughes, JT Turner) and other key role players (chris george among them) (the three i mentioned are seniors) are going to be really helpful when temple's bench isn't as good and will probably wear out fast.

it's not going to matter where the game is played this year. even though it is temple's gym, i can promise you Grace will bring a lot more fans and a student section that has been consistent and great all year long. The noise is going to be a factor i think.

but as far as the game goes.........

i think that Herman and Church have "gelled" more over the past few weeks with the other players and started playing better team ball. Grace's bench is also deep. They have a good ball handlers (granger hughes, JT Turner) and other key role players (chris george among them) (the three i mentioned are seniors) are going to be really helpful when temple's bench isn't as good and will probably wear out fast.

Unfortunately I agree with you... In the "Skogen-era" We were 21-5 against grace.... (this is the reason I am confused as to why it is a rivalry)... we now sit at 21-6..... since 2000....

Let's get that 22 win of the new Millennium!!!

The craziest thing is that in the new millennium temple has won either the district or region championship...(usually both)... at least one of those.... EVERY SINGLE Year... Hope this streak continues but it kinda worries me...if we play like we CAN, I think we can keep it going.... this friday is a big part of that...

Unfortunately I agree with you... In the "Skogen-era" We were 21-5 against grace.... (this is the reason I am confused as to why it is a rivalry)... we now sit at 21-6..... since 2000....

Let's get that 22 win of the new Millennium!!!

This is ridiculous...Temple will not beat grace...ESPECIALLY without a skogen anywhere to be found...we are 1-0 in football now, and 1-0 in basketball after today it will be 2-0... and next year it will be more of the same... all you will read pretty much from now on is Grace beats temple...AGAIN!

I really hope Eaglemaniac is not a Grace fan because Grace fans hopefully do not get on here and shoot their mouths off. Temple may in fact beat Grace and any reasonable fan wouldn't be shocked. Now, I expect Grace to win, but if they do not win I could see why. All that stuff about 1-0 in football etc. really adds nothing positive or constructive to this discussion.

My prediction: Grace by 5 in a much closer game than last time. Temple has been playing a lot better lately (see Pickett Co. & Arts Games), but I really think Grace's size will be the difference.

This is ridiculous...Temple will not beat grace...ESPECIALLY without a skogen anywhere to be found...we are 1-0 in football now, and 1-0 in basketball after today it will be 2-0... and next year it will be more of the same... all you will read pretty much from now on is Grace beats temple...AGAIN!

First of all maniac, glad to see you finally able to make it past moderator preview.

Secondly, thanks again for being a Grace fan.

I figured Temple fans were whistling in the wind. Grace wins 66-59. Grace's defense was just smothering.

Let's include the year 2000 in the rivalry. It's now 21-10. You tell me, rivalry? You owned a four-year period. Saying it's not a rivalry is like saying you beat someone by eleven and calling it a "blowout". How many OT games were there? Don't act like Temple doesn't think it's a rivalry. It is and will be. The games are close and exciting. Is that too tough to swallow?

Dadoffour, before you come down hard on Eaglemaniac, remember that you too tried to predict the outcome:

I think you're right. Temple has gotten better since the first game against Grace in January 11. They proved to themselves that they can play with the best in the region last week at CSAS. They will have their first strong student section of the year, and will feed off it.

Sorry Grace. No way you win at Vance this year.

Take it back... or don't.