Nashville Christian new #3 in 1A

Legend

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does being a private school have any advantage at all? I'm not trying to be mean just asking a question.

Without starting the private vs public debate again I would have to say being a private school would not create any advantage at all unless you are able to offer financial aid and recruit. Some privates can do that which might give them a leg up on some schools and help overcome the obvious advantage you would have with 300-400 more students. I am not aware that any of the above mentions schools in 1A are among the privates that can offer financial aid. So to answer your question I don't think being a private school in this group of teams in the top ten of 1A is any advantage at all considering the only private i know of in that group has 200-300 less students than some of the other teams. But I am sure there are others who disagree.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your input but you obviously don't know the answer to my question. I am interested in knowing the enrollments of the schools. I understand the classifications in place but wondering what the range is for the schools in the top 10 1A. The only time it really matters is if a school has an enrollment of 450-550 kids still playing in 1A. Then there is a problem and it does matter. But since you don't know the answer and dont see the relevance of my question any further inpt from you would be a waste of time on your part.

Hey Boy, its put up or shut up time for NCA now -VS- Moore County. NCA wont make it to the Boro now. I was looking forward to seeing them get embarrassed in the Boro. lol!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Boy, its put up or shut up time for NCA now -VS- Moore County. NCA wont make it to the Boro now. I was looking forward to seeing them get embarrassed in the Boro. lol!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Im glad your back legend. You seemed to disappear after NCS won 15 games in a row after you started this thread. What a jerk. Who would want to see someone get embaressed? You need to get a life. Even if they dont make it to the Boro they have had a very impressive year weak schedule or not its still hard to go the whole year with one loss.

Does being a private school have any advantage at all? I'm not trying to be mean just asking a question.

Here is the advantage in my mind. Take a private in a large city such as Nashville or Chatt. Say there is a point guard at a AAA school close by that is good enough to start but is #1 off the bench. He can enrole at the private school and play. So you can get alot of very talented kids from a large city and put them together in a Single A school. It can become almost like a travel team. Now, take schools like Culleoka or Moore County that are in areas that might not even have a Flashing light much less a Traffic Light and it makes it harder to compete year in and year out where kids can transfer to a private and become a great team overnight.

For a kid to transfer to a public school the family must move and maybe sit out a year.

Here is the advantage in my mind. Take a private in a large city such as Nashville or Chatt. Say there is a point guard at a AAA school close by that is good enough to start but is #1 off the bench. He can enrole at the private school and play. So you can get alot of very talented kids from a large city and put them together in a Single A school. It can become almost like a travel team. Now, take schools like Culleoka or Moore County that are in areas that might not even have a Flashing light much less a Traffic Light and it makes it harder to compete year in and year out where kids can transfer to a private and become a great team overnight.

For a kid to transfer to a public school the family must move and maybe sit out a year.

Change your screen name, because you don't. If a kid transfers to a private school from public or another private, he or she has to sit out a year regardless. The only way to avoid that is moving to a different city with the private school in it. Transfers in public schools just have to move to a different district. Since private schools do not have districts, that does not work for them.

Im glad your back legend. You seemed to disappear after NCS won 15 games in a row after you started this thread. What a jerk. Who would want to see someone get embaressed? You need to get a life. Even if they dont make it to the Boro they have had a very impressive year weak schedule or not its still hard to go the whole year with one loss.

No... its not if your playing Nashville Elem, and Franklin Middle School. Like NC did you can go undefeated

Change your screen name, because you don't. If a kid transfers to a private school from public or another private, he or she has to sit out a year regardless. The only way to avoid that is moving to a different city with the private school in it. Transfers in public schools just have to move to a different district. Since private schools do not have districts, that does not work for them.

You missed my point. If they have to sit out a year so be it. They didn't have to move to a rural area with less jobs around to support the family. If Jr is a fresh or soph and there are 3 others just as good then you can see the future. Transfer to a private with some other kids, sit out a year and then contend for titles the last 2.

Nothing wrong with this, that is a option for everyone. However, it is a easier option in big cities than rural areas. A small school in a large city has a bigger pool of athletes that a rural area.

Just my opion on if a private has a advantage.