9aa All District

shpshter93

Okay these are my picks for All District 9AA, I am sure that they are wrong, but I have seen a lot of 9AA. On a given night some of you have played great..

Ezell Harding : 1st place (3)

Davis

Beaty

McAlister

David Lipscomb(2)

Ross

Eubanks

FRA (should pick one, Jackson)

Smith

Jackson*

Pearl Cohn

Battle

Breedlove*

Cotham

CPA (pick one)

Annie Hardman*

Mitchell

Hume Fogg (pick one)

Miller

Gooch

Bagwell

MlK

Edadi*

Burr

East (pick one) * my pick

Babson

Gleaves*

Cowan

By Stepping on the floor Emily Canady becomes the 3rd or 4th best player in the league, (Davis at Ezell is Tough, I know but look at her numbers) Canady did not play enough to get on District. But, She will get on the Tournament team and will make region if fra wins at all.

DISTRICT MVP : LEAH MCALISTER - EZELL HARDING

with a hats off to Ellen Ross

So what do you think

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay these are my picks for All District 9AA, I am sure that they are wrong, but I have seen a lot of 9AA. On a given night some of you have played great..

Ezell Harding : 1st place (3)

Davis

Beaty

McAlister

David Lipscomb(2)

Ross

Eubanks

FRA (should pick one, Jackson)

Smith

Jackson*

Pearl Cohn

Battle

Breedlove*

Cotham

CPA (pick one)

Annie Hardman*

Mitchell

Hume Fogg (pick one)

Miller

Gooch

Bagwell

MlK

Edadi*

Burr

East (pick one) * my pick

Babson

Gleaves*

Cowan

By Stepping on the floor Emily Canady becomes the 3rd or 4th best player in the league, (Davis at Ezell is Tough, I know but look at her numbers) Canady did not play enough to get on District. But, She will get on the Tournament team and will make region if fra wins at all.

DISTRICT MVP : LEAH MCALISTER - EZELL HARDING

with a hats off to Ellen Ross

So what do you think

Okay, I'll bite. I hope Erin Colbert from FRA gets some consideration for regular season district honors. Blew out ACL in last game of district tournament last year, spent summer rehabing after surgery. Second in district (behind CPA's Hardeman) in 3's made according to Tennessean chart; gave FRA a true outside threat to complement the post game of Canady and Jackson. Not flashy, but solid game after game -- scores some points, a couple of steals each game, creates tie-ups, gets loose balls, good help defense, boxes out, rebounds, handles the ball, makes good passes and good decisions. Had a handful of big scoring games. One of those kinds of players who often would wind up never coming out of the game because of the value of her all-around contributions and smart, heady play.

Okay, I'll bite. I hope Erin Colbert from FRA gets some consideration for regular season district honors. Blew out ACL in last game of district tournament last year, spent summer rehabing after surgery. Second in district (behind CPA's Hardeman) in 3's made according to Tennessean chart; gave FRA a true outside threat to complement the post game of Canady and Jackson. Not flashy, but solid game after game -- scores some points, a couple of steals each game, creates tie-ups, gets loose balls, good help defense, boxes out, rebounds, handles the ball, makes good passes and good decisions. Had a handful of big scoring games. One of those kinds of players who often would wind up never coming out of the game because of the value of her all-around contributions and smart, heady play.

I think Ross should get MVP. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think Ross should get MVP. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I too believe that Ross is a great player and a great girl. Lipscomb playing a "System" where you wait you turn weather you are great or not is her only downfall. I am sure she will go to college somewhere for grades or basketball, but if she were given the chance McAlister got when she transfered to Ezell in 7th grade this would be a much closer race. If Mcalister had not left lipscomb, instead of getting her 2,000 point last night. She too would have been only getting her 1,000. I also should say that I am not picking on the coach at Lipscomb, he has a system that has worked for him, but sometimes you gotta know when you have a great player and that system goes out the window.

They are both great players and great girls who represent their High Schools exceptionally.

Good luck to Ellen Ross

I still like Mcalister

The coach's system seems to work pretty good. He has ben a state champion and a state participant many times. Even on a down year he wins 20+ games.

Thats what I said. Its just a shame that a girl like Ross had to sit for 2 years or play sparingly. Not looking for a fight with the lipscomb faithful, its not my fault you got knoced out by East. I think it was Mr. Gaither who made a comment about MTCS beating Ezell and that being the Biggest upset of 9aa until East beat Ezell. Dont even hear a cricket chirping now. If my team had been beaten by Ezell twice, and east had beaten ezell, I dont think we would overlook east. I think folks in 9aa are getting a preview of what is to come from east. Good luck to east, and ezell in the next round.

It is a shame that there cannot be co-MVP's (McAllister and Ross). MVP is about performance for this particular season - right? Regardless of Lipscomb's system (which not all DL fans agree with), Ellen was a valuable player every year. This was her year to shine. No one knows how much pressure was on this girl. She was asked to carry the team, which was very young or had little varsity PT prior to this season (other than Eubanks). For that alone, my sentimental favorite is Ross.

Both, however, are deserving.

It is a shame that there cannot be co-MVP's (McAllister and Ross). MVP is about performance for this particular season - right? Regardless of Lipscomb's system (which not all DL fans agree with), Ellen was a valuable player every year. This was her year to shine. No one knows how much pressure was on this girl. She was asked to carry the team, which was very young or had little varsity PT prior to this season (other than Eubanks). For that alone, my sentimental favorite is Ross.

Both, however, are deserving.

I would think it deserving for the two to share MVP. In this case it would not diminish the award in the least.