Columbia Central

BASEBALLFAN11

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what reason she gave for quitting or if she had the greatest reason in the world, a person with any integrity would not abandon thier team this late in the season. At some point you have to grow up and realize that you aren't going to get along with everyone you deal with in your life. You have to learn to make the best of a bad situation whether it be with a teammate, coworker, boss, or coach.

No excuses - she should not have quit.

I don't care what reason she gave for quitting or if she had the greatest reason in the world, a person with any integrity would not abandon thier team this late in the season. At some point you have to grow up and realize that you aren't going to get along with everyone you deal with in your life. You have to learn to make the best of a bad situation whether it be with a teammate, coworker, boss, or coach.

I agree... good post!

First of all, I'm new to this board and I got on just to clear up some misconception. The Owens girl (whose has a first name) does not live with the Armstrong family.

Second, instead of guessing -if the coach felt obligated to say that she is no longer with the team, she should and could have stated why.

Third, there is always two sides to a story. Just because a coach- coached that do not make them right all the time. Coach Moore has some spider webs in her closet. What seem good on the outside may not be the case on the inside.

And no GOOD coach should keep bringing up the past. It is okay to talk about good players of the past, but if you had a bad experience from a player and that player has been away from you for 3 years----Let it go!!! That child is doing what she wants to do and has not even thought about Central.

And as far as the players and parents always trying to run the sports in Central, I am here to tell you that you have that WRONG!!!!

What you need to do is look at the children that is being offered a scholarship from Central. I don't think not one person in basketball for the boys was offered a scholarship. On the football team, there was not one scholarship given out, but then you have a principal and a school board whose is wondering what is wrong with our youth. After 12 years of schools and many of them playing sports with dreams of attending college only to be on teams that is not winning and the hopes of college coaches coming to see them is wash away.

All I have to say is that if you don't know the real reason behind some of the behavior problems with the kids in school today, leave the kids out of it and those of you that are coaches take a long hard look and try to see what you can do better to help these kids succeed.

This is the story that I have heard (from a pretty reliable source) Lateria had an attitude at practice and coach Moore told her to leave practice, she left and her "foster mother" which happens to be an Armstrong set up a meeting with the coach. There was some heated words exchanged between the two and coach Moore felt threatened by what Mrs.Armstrong said so she pressed charges against her. The principle informed Mrs.Armstong that she could no longer attend the games so LaTeria advised since her only support system could no longer come to the games then she was going to quit. She talked with her coach at Western Kentucky and explained the situation to her and she supposidly understood.

Didn't Armstrong go to like 3 schools in 4 years, get a scholarship to West Virginia and then transferred from there? Doesn't sound like a coaching problem to me. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I don't know the circumstances surrounding the Owens girl, but sometimes there's a difference in playing 'with a scholarship' and playing 'for a scholarship'. The down side to signing early.

Good luck to the Lady Lions. They have enjoyed more success with Coach Moore over the past few years than at anytime that I can remember. She must be doing something right.

I just happened to read in Tuesday's Leaf Chronicle that one Janay Armstrong did not play for Austin Peay against Tennessee State Monday night. The article said she was suspended. Whoed have guessed?

Yeah. I think the mirror is where she needs to look for her troubles.

As far as scholarships at CHS go, there's been several over the past few years with the exception of boys basketball which has been down for Central's standards. Was Zac Walker the last in basketball?

Coger signed with Alabama, Sparkman with UNC. Demario Williams was looked at in football but signed with MTSU in basketball from Culleoka.

Bratton, Lovett and some other kids whose names I can't remember right now in baseball. There's been a few in softball too.

I don't think Central's scholarship offers are down, but grades and character come into play when colleges are looking at kids. Sparkman's no longer at UNC and Armstrong left WVU. You don't think college recruiters notice what schools the kids that aren't panning out originated from? I do.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but some of you can say some of the most stupid things I have ever heard of!!!

1st of all to set the record straight-LaTeira does not live with Janay's parents. She lost her adopted mother in Nov. of 06 and Janay's uncle and aunt stepped up and opened their doors to her. She wasn't raised in the home, but she did need a place to go and to be loved. Obviously you have no idea about who these people are, so you need to be careful about what you say about people you don't even know. You couldn't ask for better people than Ricky T and Vanessa Armstrong.

As far as LaTeira's parent or parents threatening the Coach, that too will come to light. Everybody wants to talk about how excellent of a Coach they have, but have no idea what goes on in practices or the locker room. That too will come to light!!!

Yes there has been some success at CHS in the last 5 years, but I wouldn't give all that credit to the Coach either. If you have the talent sometimes it doesn't matter who your Coach is-the team makes the Coach look good!!!

Western Kentucky is looking forward to LaTeira coming there and are very much aware of the things going on at CHS!

I just happened to read in Tuesday's Leaf Chronicle that one Janay Armstrong did not play for Austin Peay against Tennessee State Monday night. The article said she was suspended. Whoed have guessed?

Janay was sick not suspended! Check with the ER in Clarksville on Sunday night before you repeat what you read in the newspaper. Media makes mistakes if you didn't know!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but some of you can say some of the most stupid things I have ever heard of!!!

1st of all to set the record straight-LaTeira does not live with Janay's parents. She lost her adopted mother in Nov. of 06 and Janay's uncle and aunt stepped up and opened their doors to her. She wasn't raised in the home, but she did need a place to go and to be loved. Obviously you have no idea about who these people are, so you need to be careful about what you say about people you don't even know. You couldn't ask for better people than Ricky T and Vanessa Armstrong.

As far as LaTeira's parent or parents threatening the Coach, that too will come to light. Everybody wants to talk about how excellent of a Coach they have, but have no idea what goes on in practices or the locker room. That too will come to light!!!

Yes there has been some success at CHS in the last 5 years, but I wouldn't give all that credit to the Coach either. If you have the talent sometimes it doesn't matter who your Coach is-the team makes the Coach look good!!!

Western Kentucky is looking forward to LaTeira coming there and are very much aware of the things going on at CHS!

Way to sum it up perfectly /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />