District 9A

sportsfan001

District 9A should have some great games this season. Cascade has to be the favorite, there only real question is can they replace there 1st baseman/#2 pitcher(Bowman) from last season. Forrest should be ready to make another run after getting there youngsters(Davis,Henson,Brothers) some experience last season. MTCS could get into the mix if they can replace some holes,(Siler, and is there truth to Francis trassferring)??? Eagleville could surprise some teams in 9A IF they get Blackwell some HELP!! Communtiy lost there 2nd baseman to Cascade, and not sure what boyd and Van Buren have this season?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only time will tell on how things will turn out. Obviously Cascade should be solid...being lead by a good defense and good fundamentals. Forest is never a pushover and were a solid team last year. MTCS is tough to tell...lost some big talent, but senior class this year should provide great leadership. If we can find help from some underclassmen and find some quality arms then we should hang in there. I agree that Eagleville has got to find some help for Blackwell...normally pitching is their downfall, so if they can get some arms to back him up they will be right in the mix as well. As said not sure what Van Buren or Boyd have this year. Should be a very fun season as they always are. Looking forward to it. Right now looks like too close to tell who will win anything.

Who else is Cascede loseing other then the first basemen. I thought they were very solid last year. What about the catcher from MTCS, was he a senior last year. He is the only player I remember for them. They were solid too. If both these team have the same team comming back I dont see Forrset passing either of them for 1,2 in the district. I didnt see Forrest play last year. The last time I saw Forrest play Minor almost hit one on the interstate at NCS.

Not sure exactly who else Cascade loss other than Bowman. He will be missed the most regardless. MTCS catcher was a senior yes. He is gone as well as is Siler. Returning a good crew, however I am telling you Forest will be right there. They have got great sticks. They were solid hitting the ball last year in the front of the order. They were short on pitching and their defense was easily rattled but that was because of their youth. Now that they have experience they will be in the mix. My guess would be that any of these 3 have a shot. Too close to flat out call a set winner. Dependent on what pitching Eagleville has this year, they could hang in there as well

Not sure exactly who else Cascade loss other than Bowman. He will be missed the most regardless. MTCS catcher was a senior yes. He is gone as well as is Siler. Returning a good crew, however I am telling you Forest will be right there. They have got great sticks. They were solid hitting the ball last year in the front of the order. They were short on pitching and their defense was easily rattled but that was because of their youth. Now that they have experience they will be in the mix. My guess would be that any of these 3 have a shot. Too close to flat out call a set winner. Dependent on what pitching Eagleville has this year, they could hang in there as well

I know the Champions lost Levi Bain and Bowman and i believe one more but batts is elgible this season and Edmunson who transferred from Community could make an impact at 2nd base this season as he was a good 2nd baseman for the Vikings last season.. Cougarball is there truth too francis transferring too Riverdale??? & Yes I believe Forrest should be better defensively, and there top 2 pitchers were fine; however, they lost Burkett but return Davis who is solid, then have to find some depth after.. that was a problem last season. I think if there D improves it will help there pitching out! Eagleville I believe will battle for 4th this season but seriously if Blackwell is rolling then Eagleville could upset the Champions,Rockets, or Cougars on any day.

Yeah Blackwell can shut down anybody on his good days. I forgot about Levi Bain, as bad as i hate to admit it. He was a good ball player. I know the eligible kid for Cascade should serve an immediate impact on that already solid lineup. As for Francis, I'll leave that up to you to find out. Just have to wait and see. We have holes to fill, but I don't think they are impossible to fill. We'll see when practice gets going where people fall into place. Beckham, Hendrix, Kuhn, and Colvin will need to really step it up a notch this year and become big leaders. Looking forward to a fun season guys!!!

Yeah Blackwell can shut down anybody on his good days. I forgot about Levi Bain, as bad as i hate to admit it. He was a good ball player. I know the eligible kid for Cascade should serve an immediate impact on that already solid lineup. As for Francis, I'll leave that up to you to find out. Just have to wait and see. We have holes to fill, but I don't think they are impossible to fill. We'll see when practice gets going where people fall into place. Beckham, Hendrix, Kuhn, and Colvin will need to really step it up a notch this year and become big leaders. Looking forward to a fun season guys!!!

I like how you kept everyone guessing on Francis, that was a good answer. Yeah I believe every team has to feel holes this season. Cascade has too find a 1st and 2nd baseman and there left side of the infield could get shaky when MoMo pitches if he ever got healthy from last season. Forrest has too find a couple of outfielders and I "believe" there 1st baseman was a senior also? I really cant wait too see how everything plays out this season. Hopefully district 9A can maybe not only get one to the 'Boro but maybe get 2 this season! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I like how you kept everyone guessing on Francis, that was a good answer. Yeah I believe every team has to feel holes this season. Cascade has too find a 1st and 2nd baseman and there left side of the infield could get shaky when MoMo pitches if he ever got healthy from last season. Forrest has too find a couple of outfielders and I "believe" there 1st baseman was a senior also? I really cant wait too see how everything plays out this season. Hopefully district 9A can maybe not only get one to the 'Boro but maybe get 2 this season! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

LOL How great would that be. Well i guess we could i don't know and guess at how teams will fill holes all day long. But we'll just leave it alone i guess. I will keep up with you guys throughout the year. Practice starts tomorrow and i'm ready to see how my kids are looking. This is not the head MTC coach either. Just so no misunderstanding comes up. I probably won't say much else on here. I dont like starting anything of "fueling fires" during the season. I feel i have been positive in my thoughts and dont want any hard feelings to serve as momentum in a key game this year. LOL. Hope for a great year!!! And looking forward to reading you guys thoughts, See ya on the field

Cascade will be tough with Coach Parker's work ethic and enthusiasm. He most definately will have them ready. I think MTCS has been hurt by graduations and transfers but should not be overlooked.

Forrest should be right there at the top if they do what it takes to remove the errors defensively. They have several great hitters but no dominate pitcher. Eagleville has Blackwell. Community somwhere in the middle. FC BOYD ? VAN BUREN?

I was lucky enough to watch Cascade play a few times this past year and Parker never had any second thoughts about using Bowman's backup, one of the best gloves I've seen from a Sophomore, and the Freshman he used at mid infield toward the later part of the season is very solid on either side of the bag. They have a good crop of underclassmen that can fill the voids. Same goes for Forrest, they should be tough this year with the talent they have in their underclassmen. Eagleville may be the team to watchout for in this district also.

I was lucky enough to watch Cascade play a few times this past year and Parker never had any second thoughts about using Bowman's backup, one of the best gloves I've seen from a Sophomore, and the Freshman he used at mid infield toward the later part of the season is very solid on either side of the bag. They have a good crop of underclassmen that can fill the voids. Same goes for Forrest, they should be tough this year with the talent they have in their underclassmen. Eagleville may be the team to watchout for in this district also.

Oh Okay, I dont think I ever saw Bowman pitch last season; who is his backup?? & Okay it looks like it should be a great year of baseball. Hopefully I can make it too the Forrest vs Cascade game this season.. I think those two games will decide who gets the top seed in district tournament, then anything can happen in the tournament.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would agree that Cascade and Forrest are the teams to beat. No one else will even come close to these two teams.Eagleville and MTCS will probably round out the top four. The other three will have to battle each other for the 5th spot. Didn' t Eagleville lose their coach?