MT. Juliet vs Shelbyville

gyoes

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having not seen Mt. Juliet until tonight I have to say that I was impressed with their patience ane their mental approach to the game. I would like to hear from their fans how they think they played tonight. I did not think that Shelbyville played all that well and I expected a little more offense from Mt. Juliet. Was impressed with number 20 and wondered why the Coach left the post player in with two fouls in the first quarter. I would expect that they can play better. Any thoughts?

Shelbyville wins over Mt. Juliet tonight 62-57. The 'swami" has spoken !!

Hmm, I thought the Swami had spoken by 14 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sorry I missed the game out here in La La land (caught a little bit of the first half on the net) but Bears accomplished what they needed to short of winning the game. Would love more details (Brit Bell had 17 in first half??)

I like the Bears over S'ville on a neutral court...say Murfreesboro /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great regular season Lady Bears, on to the tourneys!!

Hmm, I thought the Swami had spoken by 14 /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sorry I missed the game out here in La La land (caught a little bit of the first half on the net) but Bears accomplished what they needed to short of winning the game. Would love more details (Brit Bell had 17 in first half??)

I like the Bears over S'ville on a neutral court...say Murfreesboro /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great regular season Lady Bears, on to the tourneys!!

Atleast the Swami picked the correct team to win!

What a post. You miss the game, would love more details and say that the Bears accomplished what they needed to (short of a win of course). How do you know what they accomplished? You were not there because remember, you were and obviously still are in La La land!!!

It was a great game. Shelbyville jumped out to lead the game, never trailed. MJ played very good, I believe Miller got in foul trouble early and had to sit most of 2nd if not all. Shelbyville pressed some but changed it up alot. Hall couldn't get off many shots, Bell was open way too much for my liking and made a lot of easy baskets. I don't remember her from the first game. Was really frustrated at that game. MJ just wasn't getting the shots under the basket with the combo of Dawson and Jarrell underneath. Missed a lot of shots, they did better in the 3rd, caught up but Shelbyville would hit basket for basket to keep the lead. All 5 starters for Shelbyville have battle the "bug" this week and will have next week to get ready for districts on Saturday. Still have Riverdale on Monday though. I am just glad that Shelbyville pulled this one out! We knew it would be hard at their place early on, but they have learned to come together and rely on each other so well over the last month, just when it needs to be done. Good luck Eaglettes!

I don't like to make excuses but its too bad Lady Bears didn't show up to play till the second quarter. Missed several easy shots, and too many FT's. Too many turnovers in the first quarter. Shelbyville jumped out early and Mt. Juliet made a run but just couldn't get over the hump.

Britt Bell played the game of her life. She played like a seasoned senior. Miller did get some "questionable" fouls called that sent her to the bench for the entire 2nd quarter. I thought the press MJ put on Shelbyville gave them problems.

I give Shelbyville credit. Played the better game and was the better team this time. Hopefully there will be a third game between the two at Murphy Center. Both have a difficult route. Smyrna, Wilson Central, and LaVergne are all strong. And I think Lawrence County has to get over the Shelbyville jinx eventually and District 7AAA has Cookeville and Riverdale that could make a run. I thought Cookeville beat Shelbyville earlier this year in a hall of fame game where the winner claims the win and the loser doesn't claim a loss. To me if you play the game you count it as a WIN or LOSS. But it don't work that way

I don't like to make excuses but its too bad Lady Bears didn't show up to play till the second quarter. Missed several easy shots, and too many FT's. Too many turnovers in the first quarter. Shelbyville jumped out early and Mt. Juliet made a run but just couldn't get over the hump.

Britt Bell played the game of her life. She played like a seasoned senior. Miller did get some "questionable" fouls called that sent her to the bench for the entire 2nd quarter. I thought the press MJ put on Shelbyville gave them problems.

I give Shelbyville credit. Played the better game and was the better team this time. Hopefully there will be a third game between the two at Murphy Center. Both have a difficult route. Smyrna, Wilson Central, and LaVergne are all strong. And I think Lawrence County has to get over the Shelbyville jinx eventually and District 7AAA has Cookeville and Riverdale that could make a run. I thought Cookeville beat Shelbyville earlier this year in a hall of fame game where the winner claims the win and the loser doesn't claim a loss. To me if you play the game you count it as a WIN or LOSS. But it don't work that way

Cookeville did beat them and it is 1 of their 6 losses. So they counted it. Way to go Eaglettes good luck all the way to state. It is great to see a whole host of teams that could contend for the Championship!!!

IF Shelbyville is counting the loss to Cookevile WHY did the PA announcer when he introduced the starters stated Shelbyville's record was 19 wins and 5 losses?

Want to explain that one for me? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

can't explain that one, i didn't hear it. but when they played cookeville in Nov. again they were without 2 starters. may make a difference in a few weeks, we will see.