District 7A awards?

midtensportsfan

First of all i said the "tall girl" didn't know her name but i said she should make first team as she is really good and i also said that i didn't say she wasn't deserving just something fishy going on. I never said anything negative so unless you're going to quote me on what i DID say keep your mouth shut! No way Rogers gets coach of the year unless the other coaches voted against Jim Brown out of jealousy. C'range and JC were voted to be co-champions prior to the start of the season. Coach Brown and the girls from JC did something no one has done in a long time and thats beat C'range at home. He went undefeated in the district! I could have seen the guy from Monterey getting it he finished third and surprised alot of teams. But not Rogers he got beat twice by his biggest rival! The girl who got MVP was deserving no doubt but i believe Leonard or Dyer was just as deserving and they were on the first place team. From all that i have been able to find out the COACHES vote on these awards so if i was a betting person i would say that RBS's coach had alot to do with both of these awards. Still whining about over losing Leonard but never mentioning his transfer that came in last year. No big deal, just gives JC more motivation to prove who is the best! I'm sure coach Brown would much rather win the District, Region and State Championship coaches award!

Midten....honestly the Coach of the Year is voted on by the other coaches. When things don't go your way don't always whine & say it has to be jealously. I will give you this....Brown is a GREAT coach but that isn't all it takes. If it just takes being a GREAT coach Brown would win every year. It has to do with RESPECT....earning & giving it. It has to do with What you do in games not by who wins (JC beat CR by just a few points both times). Rogers is just as deserving as Brown & it comes down to how you conducted yourself in front of your girls & to the other team.

Now for MVP....don't think that it is jealousy either. RBS is just one vote....they didn't take anything from Laken. Laken is the real deal & I would have voted for her had I been a coach. You have to look at how other coaches look at her.....how she gives & demands respect on the floor. & I know the transfer didn't set well with others but that's not why she didn't get it. Phillips is good you have to give credit where it is due. After everything settles down next year Laken will be at the top again.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midten....honestly the Coach of the Year is voted on by the other coaches. When things don't go your way don't always whine & say it has to be jealously. I will give you this....Brown is a GREAT coach but that isn't all it takes. If it just takes being a GREAT coach Brown would win every year. It has to do with RESPECT....earning & giving it. It has to do with What you do in games not by who wins (JC beat CR by just a few points both times). Rogers is just as deserving as Brown & it comes down to how you conducted yourself in front of your girls & to the other team.

Now for MVP....don't think that it is jealousy either. RBS is just one vote....they didn't take anything from Laken. Laken is the real deal & I would have voted for her had I been a coach. You have to look at how other coaches look at her.....how she gives & demands respect on the floor. & I know the transfer didn't set well with others but that's not why she didn't get it. Phillips is good you have to give credit where it is due. After everything settles down next year Laken will be at the top again.

I don't really know Coach Brown all that well but i do respect his coaching. Whether getting coach of the year meant much to him i don't know but if you go undefeated in your district you should get it unless someone else really overachieves. This was not the case here and we all know that. Coach Rogers is one of the best high school girls coaches ever, its not like he isn't a great coach but this year his team finished second when they were picked to be co-champions. To me thats underachieving. JC beat C'range by 17 at home and it wasn't really that close, the last one up there was very close and everyone knows how hard it is to win up there. The MVP could have went to a number of girls and the one that got it was VERY deserving and i will leave it at that. As for the whining thing well if that is what i sounded like then i apologize. I in no way represent JC, just a fan of the program is all. I will say though that Options86 is a joke! Saying what they said about JC is unforgiveable in my book.

First off, Coach Brown didnt get coach of the year because the other coaches dont like him, PERIOD! He probably deserved it, but its an individual award...and I doubt he loses any sleep over it. It is voted on by the coaches. Coach Hess should of been coach of the year....correct me if I am mistaken, but they were preseason 5th and finished 3rd. None of the tenured coaches in 7A like each other, and I think it is because they are all jealous of each other and each one of them has been successful over the years. Clarkrange and Jackson Co will be in the finals of the state championship as long as neither one of them substain any injuries.

I don't really know Coach Brown all that well but i do respect his coaching. Whether getting coach of the year meant much to him i don't know but if you go undefeated in your district you should get it unless someone else really overachieves. This was not the case here and we all know that. Coach Rogers is one of the best high school girls coaches ever, its not like he isn't a great coach but this year his team finished second when they were picked to be co-champions. To me thats underachieving. JC beat C'range by 17 at home and it wasn't really that close, the last one up there was very close and everyone knows how hard it is to win up there. The MVP could have went to a number of girls and the one that got it was VERY deserving and i will leave it at that. As for the whining thing well if that is what i sounded like then i apologize. I in no way represent JC, just a fan of the program is all. I will say though that Options86 is a joke! Saying what they said about JC is unforgiveable in my book.

No need to apologize to me....I'm an outsider looking in. It's not all about the record.....if it was the coaches wouldn't even have to vote. I watched the first match up between JC & CR and the game was closer than the score showed. I absolutely know where you are coming from when you feel like your team was wronged but the fact is.....that's the way it goes sometimes & complaining just makes it worse.

First off, Coach Brown didnt get coach of the year because the other coaches dont like him, PERIOD! He probably deserved it, but its an individual award...and I doubt he loses any sleep over it. It is voted on by the coaches. Coach Hess should of been coach of the year....correct me if I am mistaken, but they were preseason 5th and finished 3rd. None of the tenured coaches in 7A like each other, and I think it is because they are all jealous of each other and each one of them has been successful over the years. Clarkrange and Jackson Co will be in the finals of the state championship as long as neither one of them substain any injuries.

Here is a question to think about....Does it diminish the title or award being given when the coaches who vote made their decision based on who they liked or didn't like more? Where is the integrity in voting like this? If a person has integrity, that person will make sound decisions that are based on uprightness, honesty, and sincerity.

Coach Brown without a doubt deserved Coach of the Year. Even if you are making the argument that Coach Brown and Coach Rogers are equal in the abilities to coach, the fact remains that Coach Brown lead his team to 1st place in the district.

I hope I can always be fair and consistent when dealing with other people; I hope I won't let my prejudice feelings interfere with who is deserving of any recognition!

First of all Lamar is one of the state's most outstanding coaches and Phillips is one of the outstanding players in the whole state, and both are deserving of any awards they recieve. And admit it or not usally the mvp and coach of the year would have gone to the champs especially when they defeated your team twice because they were both picked to win. I seen JC play several games this year and 8-10 players played in first quarter of nearly all games so the running up score won't hold water. However with Leonard transfering in and the success of JC in the past and with differant girls leading the team on differant nights I can see the reason and both these teams will move on and good luck to both in post season. These awards could have deservingly gone to several players in 7a and at least three coaches.

Jackson County - GUESS

District 7A Courtnry Dyer MVP

First Team - Laken Leonard

Amy Anderson

Coach of the Year Jim Brown (although my vote would be more like crook of the year)

2008 State Champion Clarkrange, sorry but karma is on their side. Runners-up Jackson County. Miss Basketball, rightfully belongs to Courtney Dyer!

Next years AA State Champions will be Smith Co. and good ole' Jim can't duck them if his team goes too where it rightfully belongs, AA. And R.B.S. is going to miss out, the mystery girl is going to Smith County where she belongs. Heard it from her Mother.

how many times has SC ever beat Brown and who did they beat this year not LA, UPPERMAN OR YORK so why would anyone "duck " them

Is there any question that Leonard was recruited to Jackson County? The mother was even quoted in the Tennessean as saying she had spoken with Coach Brown before her daughters transfer. correct? My understanding was that according to the TSSAA, coaches are prohibited from speaking to athletes about moving to their school to participate in sports. Is that right?

My opinion is that Jackson County tarnished the fairness of the game, kinda like steroids and baseball. Nothing will be done to those guys and nothing has been done to Coach Brown. There were even articles in the Cookevile paper about these alligations, which I believe to be true.

If I could have voted, I would not have voted for Brown because of this. I would also not have voted for Leonard, because even though she is young, I feel she violated rules. Maybe others share my opinion. I just don't respect Jackson County anymore.

I doubt if Options86 cares who forgives and who doesn't. He/she was making a point. I did not like the comment about Tasha either. It was tacky.

Anyways, congrats to the winners, MVP, Coach and all. Good luck to everyone in tournaments.

Is there any question that Leonard was recruited to Jackson County? The mother was even quoted in the Tennessean as saying she had spoken with Coach Brown before her daughters transfer. correct? My understanding was that according to the TSSAA, coaches are prohibited from speaking to athletes about moving to their school to participate in sports. Is that right?

My opinion is that Jackson County tarnished the fairness of the game, kinda like steroids and baseball. Nothing will be done to those guys and nothing has been done to Coach Brown. There were even articles in the Cookevile paper about these alligations, which I believe to be true.

If I could have voted, I would not have voted for Brown because of this. I would also not have voted for Leonard, because even though she is young, I feel she violated rules. Maybe others share my opinion. I just don't respect Jackson County anymore.

I doubt if Options86 cares who forgives and who doesn't. He/she was making a point. I did not like the comment about Tasha either. It was tacky.

Anyways, congrats to the winners, MVP, Coach and all. Good luck to everyone in tournaments.

I don't blame you at all for standing up for your team, but don't you dare say that you don't respect the Jackson County team as a whole. If you have a problem with one thing, so be it, but don't take it out on every girl there. Many of those girls are model students and people. If I was a mother and my child was unhappy, I would move her. But you can bet before I did I would call the coach and just say, "Hey we are moving, would you allow my daughter to play for you?" I'd want to know before hand and if that coach said no then I'd move elsewhere. I don't see that as recruiting. Did Laken get a new car, boat, house or something that I don't know about??? I understand why the comment about Tasha made you mad and I, a JC fan, told a fellow JC fan that the comment was out of line. My sister plays for Jackson County and I can tell you right now that she's a great person with great values who plans on going to school to become a pharmacist. Also, graduated with honors. If you don't respect that then your a sad individual. Disagree with what was done all you want, but don't say that you don't respect the girls. (which is what was being implied when you stated that you dont respect Jackson County) Have a great day and I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Has Clarkrange EVER had a girl transfer into their school to play basketball? Does anyone know the answer to this question? I dont know for sure but i thought someone had said that they had so i'm asking a valid question. Where is DEVILFANATIC? As for your opinion i could care less but i promise you this had Clarkrange won the district and defeated Jackson County twice and Coach Brown have gotten the Coach of the Year award and one of JC's players voted MVP then all heck would be breaking loose on here from the C'range fans! Anyways, congrats to the JC Lady Blue Devils on a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP!

Has Clarkrange EVER had a girl transfer into their school to play basketball? Does anyone know the answer to this question? I dont know for sure but i thought someone had said that they had so i'm asking a valid question. Where is DEVILFANATIC? As for your opinion i could care less but i promise you this had Clarkrange won the district and defeated Jackson County twice and Coach Brown have gotten the Coach of the Year award and one of JC's players voted MVP then all heck would be breaking loose on here from the C'range fans! Anyways, congrats to the JC Lady Blue Devils on a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP!