District 8AAA Awards

Sidetrain

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that i think 8aaa district has very good teams and excellent players lawrence county played very hard and i wished they would of won the champ. game, but you cant take anything away from shelbyville they have alot of talent and a great coach.

But the refs. are terrible at shelbyville always has been and always will be.

Congratulations to all the players that recieved awards, and for Dana we are very proud

of you.

I just want to say that i think 8aaa district has very good teams and excellent players lawrence county played very hard and i wished they would of won the champ. game, but you cant take anything away from shelbyville they have alot of talent and a great coach.

But the refs. are terrible at shelbyville always has been and always will be.

Congratulations to all the players that recieved awards, and for Dana we are very proud

of you.

Thanks, we wished we had won too but your right Shelbyville does have a good team, and you are also right that you can't get a fair called game at Shelbyville. We stayed after our game last night and watched the FC boys and Shelbyville boys game and there were so many fouls called against FC that were not called against Shelbyville, it is so pathetic over there and that will never change. Not to mention the Shelbyville fans are AWFUL! We sat beside the FC student section and there was an older lady from Shelbyville sitting right beside them and she obviously didn't like the fact that they were cheering for their own team so she just started flipping the kids off! It really showed Shelbyville's lack of maturity.

Thanks, we wished we had won too but your right Shelbyville does have a good team, and you are also right that you can't get a fair called game at Shelbyville. We stayed after our game last night and watched the FC boys and Shelbyville boys game and there were so many fouls called against FC that were not called against Shelbyville, it is so pathetic over there and that will never change. Not to mention the Shelbyville fans are AWFUL! We sat beside the FC student section and there was an older lady from Shelbyville sitting right beside them and she obviously didn't like the fact that they were cheering for their own team so she just started flipping the kids off! It really showed Shelbyville's lack of maturity.

Well if you guys would pay the officials off like we do here in Shelbyville yall might get some calls going your way.

I highly doubt that the officialls huddle up and say " Ok boys we are in Shelbyville tonight so lets stick it to the other team" come on now lets just face the facts. Shelbyville has a winning program, both boys and girls, Envy sets in and everybody has a problem with loosing.

I will tell you how to stop the fans and the refs from Making You Lose.. Practice more and get better.

Well if you guys would pay the officials off like we do here in Shelbyville yall might get some calls going your way.

I highly doubt that the officialls huddle up and say " Ok boys we are in Shelbyville tonight so lets stick it to the other team" come on now lets just face the facts. Shelbyville has a winning program, both boys and girls, Envy sets in and everybody has a problem with loosing.

I will tell you how to stop the fans and the refs from Making You Lose.. Practice more and get better.

You are absolutely right Shelbyville does have a good team and I would never take that away from any team BUT the problem I have is not so much with the teams as it is with the fans. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the so called "adults", and I use that term loosely, acts the way they act. That 60+ year old women flipping off a bunch of 16-17 year old kids is just about one of the most stupid things I have ever seen. And I guess I do have a problem with the officiating in Shelbyville, when a kid (FC Stovall ) gets his legs taken out from under him underneath his goal and NOTHING is called on Shelbyville but when FC so much as breaths on a Shelbyville player they get a foul called??? And for the police to let the shelbyville student section get away with the things they say but other student sections get taken out of the school for making a harmless remark, come on? how fair is that.

You are absolutely right Shelbyville does have a good team and I would never take that away from any team BUT the problem I have is not so much with the teams as it is with the fans. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the so called "adults", and I use that term loosely, acts the way they act. That 60+ year old women flipping off a bunch of 16-17 year old kids is just about one of the most stupid things I have ever seen. And I guess I do have a problem with the officiating in Shelbyville, when a kid (FC Stovall ) gets his legs taken out from under him underneath his goal and NOTHING is called on Shelbyville but when FC so much as breaths on a Shelbyville player they get a foul called??? And for the police to let the shelbyville student section get away with the things they say but other student sections get taken out of the school for making a harmless remark, come on? how fair is that.

So what you're saying is that you're letting the alleged actions of one "60+" woman speak for a gym full of fans?

As far as the officiating goes, there were calls missed on both teams - not just Shelbyville. My problem with this is, any time Shelbyville wins a hard fought game (especially at home) its because the refs gave it us. These kids (both boys and girls) have worked hard to win every game they've won and it really hacks me off for someone to get on here and cheapen what they've done by alluding to the fantasy that we have the refs in our pocket.

Is there anywhere you can find out how many fouls each team had? I'd be interested in knowing that because I'm pretty certain that at least in the first half of the boy's game, we had quite a few more fouls than FC did. Heck, in the girl's game Monday night, Janie Graves fouled out and Alex Jarrell and Shapara Johnson both had 4 fouls each (http://www.t-g.com/story/1312428.html ) ! How can you say the officiating is one sided?

And exactly what was the student section doing that was so shocking? What remarks were made that should have caused them to be tossed out? Please - do tell because I sat behind them all night and never heard ANYTHING even remotely questionable.

In my completely biased opinion , the SCHS student section was fabulous both Monday and Tuesday night! I hope they rock that gym Friday & Saturday night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

In the girls game fouls were 20 fouls shelbyville, 16 fouls for Lawrence Co. I do not do boys game so I could not answer that part of your question. I keep stats for myself on Digital Scout. On how people act. I have been in this gym for 6 years. I have never seen what you have told on here but that does not mean it did not happen.

But I do not sit with a lot of folks because NOBODY sees what goes on. Other teams come in with a chip on their shoulders because they feel that they are going to be cheated.

I saw the no call foul on Stovall. I was not concern about the foul but was he OK? Yes a foul should have been called but that's not a fans job. Refs get paid to make the calls and they do not paid enough money to put up with what they do and what we yell at them. No I do not agree with all calls. Fouls are called and not called in all gyms not just shelbyville's. But I also mention, the same refs that are at Shelbyville ARE the same refs that ref at all of the other district teams home gyms. Not just ours.

Another thing is why do we not support each other when we get to regionals? In the past I have seen people support other teams and other things happen that makes me wonder would it not be good that a district team went all the way. Last year I supported Riverdale because they were from our region. But others from our district help other teams. But I guess that is a fantasy world

In the girls game fouls were 20 fouls shelbyville, 16 fouls for Lawrence Co. I do not do boys game so I could not answer that part of your question. I keep stats for myself on Digital Scout. On how people act. I have been in this gym for 6 years. I have never seen what you have told on here but that does not mean it did not happen.

But I do not sit with a lot of folks because NOBODY sees what goes on. Other teams come in with a chip on their shoulders because they feel that they are going to be cheated.

I saw the no call foul on Stovall. I was not concern about the foul but was he OK? Yes a foul should have been called but that's not a fans job. Refs get paid to make the calls and they do not paid enough money to put up with what they do and what we yell at them. No I do not agree with all calls. Fouls are called and not called in all gyms not just shelbyville's. But I also mention, the same refs that are at Shelbyville ARE the same refs that ref at all of the other district teams home gyms. Not just ours.

Another thing is why do we not support each other when we get to regionals? In the past I have seen people support other teams and other things happen that makes me wonder would it not be good that a district team went all the way. Last year I supported Riverdale because they were from our region. But others from our district help other teams. But I guess that is a fantasy world

Sidetrain could you post the stats from the girls game. I would like to see the good stuff instead of points and threes.

I witnessed game FC vs SC boys-I do believe some calls were missed-none that influenced the game-FC needs some defense lessons; boxing out instead of trying to block every shot and a transition game from offense to defense. This cost them more points than the refs did. I believe that FC was more talented but talent only goes so far. Just another man's observation.

Sidetrain could you post the stats from the girls game. I would like to see the good stuff instead of points and threes.

Sorry can not post them. But meet me at a game and we can talk about stats. Sorry I cann print you a copy. But can talk to you. I'm not hard to find you can ask anyone.

I just do not want anybody use my stuff agianst my girls. But talking we can do that.

I enjoy reading your post on this site.