New Football Stadium?

What is the word on a new football stadium at Westview??...Will the Chargers continue to play in UTM's stadium now that the Skyhawks are going to be putting down their new Near Turf surface??...(Much like what UT-Chattanooga,Murray State & Bethel have)

Heard at one time that Westview was going to try to build a new stadium....

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westview hopes to have their own stadium one day, and there are a lot of people who are working to try to make it a reality. It's such a shame that the largest school in the county has the fewest facilities. Every other school in the county has their own football field, baseball and softball fields, etc. Westview has a gymnasium. The soccer fields, the baseball field and the softball field are all owned by the city. People think that Westview shouldn't get a stadium, but continue to play at UTM. WHY? They deserve their own field just as much as any other school. There's something to be said for a "HOME" game, and they have never had one. UTM may only be only 4 miles away, but when you have to load the buses, whether it's 4 miles or 40 miles, it's an away game. GOOD LUCK Westview in getting your own field one day. You deserve it!

Westview hopes to have their own stadium one day, and there are a lot of people who are working to try to make it a reality. It's such a shame that the largest school in the county has the fewest facilities. Every other school in the county has their own football field, baseball and softball fields, etc. Westview has a gymnasium. The soccer fields, the baseball field and the softball field are all owned by the city. People think that Westview shouldn't get a stadium, but continue to play at UTM. WHY? They deserve their own field just as much as any other school. There's something to be said for a "HOME" game, and they have never had one. UTM may only be only 4 miles away, but when you have to load the buses, whether it's 4 miles or 40 miles, it's an away game. GOOD LUCK Westview in getting your own field one day. You deserve it!

I have to agree, Westview does deserve their own field but it will be a little while before it happens with the way things are going! Unfortunately Coach Coady and the boys are going to have to suit up on the turf this season. But if i had a say so i would hand UTM's field to Westview cause if you were to compare records on that field and and the number of people in the stands at each game, Westview would put UTM to shame! Westview doesn't mind loading up and driving down the road to much these days because they have been doing it and winning for so long now! Plain and simple, UTM should have let Westview have a lot more say so on that field, seeing how the CHARGERS not SKYHAWKS bring on most of the revenue! Good luck! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That's such a crock. Westview asks for their own field in private, but secretly they are thrilled to be playing at UTM. Who wouldn't want to play at a division I college for their home games. And no, no school in weakley county has their own baseball field. Westview has very nice facilites right next to the school even if the city owns them. Don't give me this crap about Westview not having anything. They pay UTM more than any other school in the county has for their entire football budget which isn't very much by the way.

That's such a crock. Westview asks for their own field in private, but secretly they are thrilled to be playing at UTM. Who wouldn't want to play at a division I college for their home games. And no, no school in weakley county has their own baseball field. Westview has very nice facilites right next to the school even if the city owns them. Don't give me this crap about Westview not having anything. They pay UTM more than any other school in the county has for their entire football budget which isn't very much by the way.

Westview doesn't have any thing....it is the truth! The only thing they have is their gym and thats because it is a part of the school! Westview does not own its soccer, football, baseball, or softball fields! The rights to those are all own by someone else! Of course Westview doesn't mind playing at UTMs field, but Westview is the best football program in Weakley Co. and maybe the best athletics program period in Weakley Co. All they want is to have something of their own they do not have to share!

It is just like a teenager sharing a car with a parent. You ride around in this beautiful new car and all your friends see it and love and think high of you, till the next time they see it and your parents are riding around in it and your in the back seat! That's how Westview is with UTMs field! They need something of their own and they have plenty of land to do it, all they need is an ok from the city! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Westview doesn't have any thing....it is the truth! The only thing they have is their gym and thats because it is a part of the school! Westview does not own its soccer, football, baseball, or softball fields! The rights to those are all own by someone else! Of course Westview doesn't mind playing at UTMs field, but Westview is the best football program in Weakley Co. and maybe the best athletics program period in Weakley Co. All they want is to have something of their own they do not have to share!

It is just like a teenager sharing a car with a parent. You ride around in this beautiful new car and all your friends see it and love and think high of you, till the next time they see it and your parents are riding around in it and your in the back seat! That's how Westview is with UTMs field! They need something of their own and they have plenty of land to do it, all they need is an ok from the city! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

No school in Weakley County has anymore than Westview. They actually all have less when it comes to facilities. Everything that Westview gets is from the county is the best and everyone else's plans get cut some in the budget. No school has their own baseball field, soccer field, ect. All the schools in the county except Westview share their football field with the middle schools. Martin Middle has its own field, but Westview doesn't want to share it with them. I know it would need to be upgraded some but if that is what Westview wanted to do I'm sure it would get done. I'm pretty sure that is not the case and Westview wants their own field and other people in the county don't want to spend the money for it.

Does it help or hurt the Chargers that they will be playing half their games on an artificial surface and half on a natural surface??..How does Coady conduct practices as far as where they practice??...Will they practice all week on a natural surface and then come a week they play at "home" they come and play on the artificial surface??...I see it as an advantage for the Chargers during the playoffs if they make it to Murfreesboro because they will be used to the surface seeing as how MTSU has the same surface...It will also be better for both teams during a playoff game because the field conditions will be 100% better than what is normally the case during November games in Martin...

• 4 weeks later...

No school in Weakley County has anymore than Westview. They actually all have less when it comes to facilities. Everything that Westview gets is from the county is the best and everyone else's plans get cut some in the budget. No school has their own baseball field, soccer field, ect. All the schools in the county except Westview share their football field with the middle schools. Martin Middle has its own field, but Westview doesn't want to share it with them. I know it would need to be upgraded some but if that is what Westview wanted to do I'm sure it would get done. I'm pretty sure that is not the case and Westview wants their own field and other people in the county don't want to spend the money for it.

The other people in the county don't want to spend money for it? Do they realize that the county will now be spending $25,000.00 per year for Westview to play at UTM? Wouldn't they rather see that money go to the county school rather than the state university? Quite frankly, the people that DO want to see Westview get their own field are willing to raise the money to help pay for it so that the county doesn't have to. I'd rather at least see the money go towards a county school rather than UTM.

Does it help or hurt the Chargers that they will be playing half their games on an artificial surface and half on a natural surface??..How does Coady conduct practices as far as where they practice??...Will they practice all week on a natural surface and then come a week they play at "home" they come and play on the artificial surface??...I see it as an advantage for the Chargers during the playoffs if they make it to Murfreesboro because they will be used to the surface seeing as how MTSU has the same surface...It will also be better for both teams during a playoff game because the field conditions will be 100% better than what is normally the case during November games in Martin...

i think you'd be shockd to learn how many high schools use city or university owned fields or baseball, football, etc....it sems that WV gets the best of both world by using state f the art facilities that they dont have to maintain.....better think it over real good...