Anyone seen the 4'8" lefty at Gallatin?

3-6-3

Freeze's pitching coach, some guy named Homer, older guy, they say he wrote some mythology... anyway he's got this kid throwing low 80's standing at 4'8" with cleats on! Hunt won't tell me if it's true but I snuck up to Gtown the other day and saw him throwing... he's pretty good... I overheard him say nice pitch Bonapart!

Nyone else know about this guy??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freeze's pitching coach, some guy named Homer, older guy, they say he wrote some mythology... anyway he's got this kid throwing low 80's standing at 4'8" with cleats on! Hunt won't tell me if it's true but I snuck up to Gtown the other day and saw him throwing... he's pretty good... I overheard him say nice pitch Bonapart!

Nyone else know about this guy??

Yeah i saw him... i bout missed him.. cause im 6'4 and i couldnt hardly see him. but its true... he aint that bad....

What grade is he in? Gotta see this one with my own eyes.

Better see him fast...Freeze will rurn him. He had a guy once throwing in the upper 50's and blew his arm out making him carry food and sauces from the hospitality room. Made him a DH but had to put an action-figure like button in his back to make him swing... blew his knee out on a slider on a cool March game...came all out of joint.

I've been scouting him since he was 3'7". He could be the real deal. Good velo and his breaking ball has depth. He has a hitch in his move to the plate from the stretch though...good baserunner could steal him blind. His feet and hands are huge, but the size 14 shoe on this kid is going to give him problems on his slide step home. He is draftable. Alot of upside

Better see him fast...Freeze will rurn him. He had a guy once throwing in the upper 50's and blew his arm out making him carry food and sauces from the hospitality room. Made him a DH but had to put an action-figure like button in his back to make him swing... blew his knee out on a slider on a cool March game...came all out of joint.

after doin' some diggin... had to put a new mailbox in... the kids in the neighborhood were using mine as a pinyatta... anyways, after i dug the new hole for my mailbox, i called him up (freeze)... he said the kid was a junior who transferred in at the break... he told me the depth of the breaking ball was such that if he went sidewinder could go a couple of feet behind the batter and still cross the plate, with real tite spin to it... i told him he was full of it... so i went to see this kid yesterday afternoon........... whoooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo... what a breakin' pitch!! he didn't hit 80 yesterday, only upper 70's... but at his height, he has a deception quite uncommon amongst most high schoolers that are normal size (5'10 and up).

i think he's gonna use him as a pinch "walker" if you know what i mean... that's just what Coach Holmes did in Westmoreland back in the 80's with his 4 footer...

after doin' some diggin... had to put a new mailbox in... the kids in the neighborhood were using mine as a pinyatta... anyways, after i dug the new hole for my mailbox, i called him up (freeze)... he said the kid was a junior who transferred in at the break... he told me the depth of the breaking ball was such that if he went sidewinder could go a couple of feet behind the batter and still cross the plate, with real tite spin to it... i told him he was full of it... so i went to see this kid yesterday afternoon........... whoooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo... what a breakin' pitch!! he didn't hit 80 yesterday, only upper 70's... but at his height, he has a deception quite uncommon amongst most high schoolers that are normal size (5'10 and up).

i think he's gonna use him as a pinch "walker" if you know what i mean... that's just what Coach Holmes did in Westmoreland back in the 80's with his 4 footer...

f9d. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

YOU ARE ALL WRONG... GOT IT PLUM BACKWARDS. THAT KID YOU SAW PLAYS FOR THE LOCAL HOME-SCHOOL TEAM, HE TURNED US DOWN. HE SAID HE ONCE HAD PITCHING LESSONS FROM A GUY NAMED BARTLETT IN LEBANON. SAID A FELLER NAMED WALLS WORKED WITH BARTLETT.

AFTER THAT, HE SAID HE COULD NEVER FIND ANY OTHER COACH WHO CAN TEACH AND TIP PITCHES LIKE THAT. I REFERRED HIM TO HOLLAND AT OHS, BUT HOLLAND ONLY WORKS WITH KIDS 6'6 AND TALLER WITH DOUBLE JOINTED ELBOWS.

AND FOR THE RECORD, I DIDNT RURN THAT KID... HE GOT HIS FANGERS CAUGHT IN THE IRON-MIKE. WASNT NOTHING I COULD DO... BUT HE WAS A DANDY AT SETIING UP A HOSPITALITY ROOM.

YOU ARE ALL WRONG... GOT IT PLUM BACKWARDS. THAT KID YOU SAW PLAYS FOR THE LOCAL HOME-SCHOOL TEAM, HE TURNED US DOWN. HE SAID HE ONCE HAD PITCHING LESSONS FROM A GUY NAMED BARTLETT IN LEBANON. SAID A FELLER NAMED WALLS WORKED WITH BARTLETT.

AFTER THAT, HE SAID HE COULD NEVER FIND ANY OTHER COACH WHO CAN TEACH AND TIP PITCHES LIKE THAT. I REFERRED HIM TO HOLLAND AT OHS, BUT HOLLAND ONLY WORKS WITH KIDS 6'6 AND TALLER WITH DOUBLE JOINTED ELBOWS.

AND FOR THE RECORD, I DIDNT RURN THAT KID... HE GOT HIS FANGERS CAUGHT IN THE IRON-MIKE. WASNT NOTHING I COULD DO... BUT HE WAS A DANDY AT SETIING UP A HOSPITALITY ROOM.

i have heard about that bartlett guy from lebanon he has a reputation that isnt good

i have heard about that bartlett guy from lebanon he has a reputation that isnt good

You had to have HEARD about him cause you are BLIND!!! Gotcha. Saw Holland Saturday, was over filming the game at Oakland for future reference. Trying to get him to get me the rest of their copy...copied over some great lecture stuff from Scott Hunt....Hospitatlity Room Manners and How to Get Dippin Sauce out of your White Pants. BTW REDSMAN, Bartlett only worked on tipping pitches during the game, ala bullpen style with the 4"8" feller.

Totally off subject, but how do you guys handle all the summer league coaches watching practice and wnating this signed and that signed. We are having an awful problem...well really just one guy...but I will not call him out here.

You had to have HEARD about him cause you are BLIND!!! Gotcha. Saw Holland Saturday, was over filming the game at Oakland for future reference. Trying to get him to get me the rest of their copy...copied over some great lecture stuff from Scott Hunt....Hospitatlity Room Manners and How to Get Dippin Sauce out of your White Pants. BTW REDSMAN, Bartlett only worked on tipping pitches during the game, ala bullpen style with the 4"8" feller.

Totally off subject, but how do you guys handle all the summer league coaches watching practice and wnating this signed and that signed. We are having an awful problem...well really just one guy...but I will not call him out here.

If you was a smart coach you would just let the summer coach run the team in the first place and let him run practice because our high school coaches can truely learn how to manage a team through some of these summer coaches THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING !!!!!!!!so dont find them work with them and learn from them