No food or drink into McKenzie Arena

whiskeyjoe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - the concession stands are run by volunteers during this tournament and UTC Wrestling does benefit from these sales. But to verify, UTC did not make the decision to not allow food in the arena, TSSAA made that decision. Also, UTC Food Service run all concession for the university. They have the vendors to buy the food and they set the prices that are charged for the food. We do ask and do have fruit, donuts and muffins for the wrestlers. We also asked for other special items this year because we were informed that no food was being allowed. We cannot go in and set our own menu. It is limited and the best that we have been able to negotiate.

the ice cream (which i so dearly enjoy) costs about as much as a beer at a titans game. i went to a few basketball games and you can easily spend almost 15 bucks on 2 hot dogs and 2 drinks.

What is Basketball ? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Oh I've heard of that it's what they do to keep the floor warm for the mats.. Never mind.

I was informed the wrestlers bags were gone thru checking for food being brought in.My son was resourceful enough to hide his zone bars in his clothes that he was wearing while they went thru his bag.With these types of practices things would be better run by MTSU.Maybe some of the Chatt area fans would understand TNKO's view if they were coming here to middle Tennessee and staying in our hotels for three days and then getting ripped off for garbage concession stand food and parking.The TSSAA should seriosly consider moving all state championships to the middle Tennessee area.MTSU does a great job with the football and baseball championships here.The Murpy center would also be a much better arena to view the wrestling in then UTC's.Sitting so high up and watching the wrestling from above is a terrible view.

I was informed the wrestlers bags were gone thru checking for food being brought in.My son was resourceful enough to hide his zone bars in his clothes that he was wearing while they went thru his bag.With these types of practices things would be better run by MTSU.Maybe some of the Chatt area fans would understand TNKO's view if they were coming here to middle Tennessee and staying in our hotels for three days and then getting ripped off for garbage concession stand food and parking.The TSSAA should seriosly consider moving all state championships to the middle Tennessee area.MTSU does a great job with the football and baseball championships here.The Murpy center would also be a much better arena to view the wrestling in then UTC's.Sitting so high up and watching the wrestling from above is a terrible view.

Not allowing food in was a TSSAA decision not a UTC decision.

When I've been to MTSU for State championships I paid for parking and concessions.

“We’re just not allowing any food or drinks into the arena,” TSSAA executive director Ronnie Carter said.

Not allowing food in was a TSSAA decision not a UTC decision.

When I've been to MTSU for State championships I paid for parking and concessions.

???We??™re just not allowing any food or drinks into the arena,??? TSSAA executive director Ronnie Carter said.

Staggeringly stupid decision added to a very long list from the gang at HQ.

I'm sorry, but if I'm a wrestler who has been training for a year or more to make it to state, and I know what I can eat and what I can't, my food would coming into the facility with me, come heck or high water. If they are going to make these kids follow such strict weight guidelines all year long, they need to let them stick with it during the most important weekend of the year. Ronnie Carter would have to personally take my food out of my hands before I'd let security or whomever do it.