DISTRICT 9A FINAL FOUR!

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be Eagleville and VB in the finals. Both of these teams are the class of the district. Maybe we will stay away from the zone press that VB ate up with their outstanding 3 pt shooting the last time we play. Once we went to man to man we matched up with them pretty well. Both teams should win in the semi's with close games going into the 4th quarters. Both teams have to much depth to lose in the semi's. VB and Eagleville win by double digits.

It should be Eagleville and VB in the finals. Both of these teams are the class of the district. Maybe we will stay away from the zone press that VB ate up with their outstanding 3 pt shooting the last time we play. Once we went to man to man we matched up with them pretty well. Both teams should win in the semi's with close games going into the 4th quarters. Both teams have to much depth to lose in the semi's. VB and Eagleville win by double digits.

Both teams are the obvious favorites, I'll give you that. This district has typically had at least one tourney game that everyone was shocked by, so don't be surprised if that happens tonight. I think Eagleville and Van Buren are both capable of double digit wins, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the semi-final games doesn't go down to the final minute with the game undecided.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wouldn't be surprised by an upset in one of these games either. Just can't figure out which one it will be so I'll take both favorites. How will the week off effect VB? Look for two close games.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wouldn't be surprised by an upset in one of these games either. Just can't figure out which one it will be so I'll take both favorites. How will the week off effect VB? Look for two close games.

I think Cascade has a better chance for an upset, but a lot of things would have to go their way. Morton would have to have the game of his career and be able to slow down Smith defensively. Coach Pope would have to throw as many bodies as he could at Baker and make him really work to even get the ball let alone give him any open shots. Van Buren can be beaten, but they are the cream of the crop this year. I don't see Forrest slowing Eagleville down much and that game, just like ours, could get ugly if Forrest doesn't come ready to play.

I think Cascade has a better chance for an upset, but a lot of things would have to go their way. Morton would have to have the game of his career and be able to slow down Smith defensively. Coach Pope would have to throw as many bodies as he could at Baker and make him really work to even get the ball let alone give him any open shots. Van Buren can be beaten, but they are the cream of the crop this year. I don't see Forrest slowing Eagleville down much and that game, just like ours, could get ugly if Forrest doesn't come ready to play.

Sorry Cascade 11, but the champions just got drilled by VB. So, if there going to be a upset the rockets will have to do it. Their two games with Eagleville have been close. The first game was by 2 and the second was by 7. The rockets had a shot at winning both. Should be a great game tonight. GO ROCKETS. Game is on www.wjjm.com. Click on mic, click on rocket.

Sorry Cascade 11, but the champions just got drilled by VB. So, if there going to be a upset the rockets will have to do it. Their two games with Eagleville have been close. The first game was by 2 and the second was by 7. The rockets had a shot at winning both. Should be a great game tonight. GO ROCKETS. Game is on www.wjjm.com. Click on mic, click on rocket.

Looks like Forrest got drilled also. VB and Eagleville have been head and shoulders above everyone else all season and so far the tournament just re-enforced that. Guess we'll see you guys again to see who has bragging rights for the season....

I have watched more of 10A than 9A....so can someone give me some scouting reports on VB,Eagleville,Cascade, and Forrest?

Cascade & Forrest are mirror images of each other. Both play walk it up the floor methodical styles while calling a set play every time down. They must have 20 set plays each. They both only play about 6 players each and never get out of their 2-3 zones regardless of time and score.

Eagleville is going to play half court man no matter what. They also walk it up and have very little size. They have no post up game and are going to run their sets to shoot 3's every time.

Van Buren is alot like Eagleville with no size and also like to walk the ball and control tempo. They will only play half court crazy man defense with tons of traps and switching. They deny ball pressure and all that hectic stuff. Again lots of sets with a lot of 5 out weave stuff.

No need for anyone else from our side to help this guy out anymore - I've given him enough already.

Good luck to district 10. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />