Dyer County vs. Dyersburg ROUND THREEE

TribeRunEr

The game played out about like I had envisioned it. Not trying to be a prophet here by any means, but I posted I believed the Choctaws were 13 to 14 points better than the Trojans. What was the final score again? Just kidding....congrats to both squads on a fine played game and I sure enjoyed the applause for the kids from DC and Dyersburg when the players agreed to stagger the picture of the all-district team. Great sportsmanship fellas!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game played out about like I had envisioned it. Not trying to be a prophet here by any means, but I posted I believed the Choctaws were 13 to 14 points better than the Trojans. What was the final score again? Just kidding....congrats to both squads on a fine played game and I sure enjoyed the applause for the kids from DC and Dyersburg when the players agreed to stagger the picture of the all-district team. Great sportsmanship fellas!

i want to say thats a good job by predicting a BIG rivalry added with a District championship game and i want to know who posted the final score on the schedule for this game cause whoever did it was wrong 67-40 that is WRONG it was 67-52 i'm a DC fan and i thought wow whoever did that jipped Dyersburg by 12 pts

yeah that could be a reason or they just gave up on their team when DC put in their bench and Dburg still had their starters in... i don't know i stayed for the entire game and watched and clapped for ALL of the awards

Yeah we also appreciate the press when your up by 17 and under 2 minutes to go. Don't worry those type of things come back to haunt you. Of course with your coach leaving it may not make much difference. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree. You still got that volkswagon? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Yeah we also appreciate the press when your up by 17 and under 2 minutes to go. Don't worry those type of things come back to haunt you. Of course with your coach leaving it may not make much difference. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />I agree. You still got that volkswagon? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Dude..hope your not dissing the "Bug".....that would be almost sacreligious!! The Bug was infamous! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yeah we also appreciate the press when your up by 17 and under 2 minutes to go. Don't worry those type of things come back to haunt you. Of course with your coach leaving it may not make much difference. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />I agree. You still got that volkswagon? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

By the way...most of those kids in the last few minutes were freshman /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If someone knows, WHAT exactly is D'burg's coaching strategy?? I've watched them play a few times and I don't get it. Half the time they all look like they are playing for diff. teams. Seems like they have a few players that ALWAYS get the ball. Not alot of spread play.

The basic strategy from coach Real is to win. (This is very common in athletics).

They run a variety of offenses and defenses. That is why the one more games than they lost and came in number 2 in the district behind the mighty choctaws.

They run the Memphis and a flex which should be very clear if you watched the game.

The basic strategy from coach Real is to win. (This is very common in athletics).

They run a variety of offenses and defenses. That is why the one more games than they lost and came in number 2 in the district behind the mighty choctaws.

They run the Memphis and a flex which should be very clear if you watched the game.

The basic strategy in coaching is to beat your rivals, win the distict, etc., etc. ( This is also very common in athletics )

Look, I for one am very tired of the bickering. I know I do my part, but I`m not one to sit back and take all the crap. I am very, very angry about the football deal, about the accusations of recruiting and so on and so forth. I would love to see DC and DHS make it to sub-state and beyond. If you and others want to continuously talk down on our program, then that`s fine. That is how one`s character is defined, but I`m ready to see these TWO teams make a run for it. Who knows, maybe there will be a fourth matchup.

I attended the game and I didn't see anything that resembled the MEMPHIS and a Flex(whatever that is). There was absolutley no cohesion on offense or defense. When you say the Memphis are you talking about the dribble drive offense because if you are Memphis is one of the only teams in the country along with Peperdine that runs that offense and they only manage about 10 plays a game running it. Can you please explain in detail what your talking about? I want to know if your just talking or if you really know basketball. Tell us all about the Memphis and the Flex because if that's what you call it I certainly would not have my team running that offense.

As for winning more games that you lose. Each team has a handful of games on the schedule that are circled each season (these are the big ones). Dburg played Bolivar, Haywood twice, Covington, and DC three times.....Dburg lost everyone of these games by an average of 12.8 points a game which means they basically got taken to the woodshed in every big game o there schedule.

I attended the game and I didn't see anything that resembled the MEMPHIS and a Flex(whatever that is). There was absolutley no cohesion on offense or defense. When you say the Memphis are you talking about the dribble drive offense because if you are Memphis is one of the only teams in the country along with Peperdine that runs that offense and they only manage about 10 plays a game running it. Can you please explain in detail what your talking about? I want to know if your just talking or if you really know basketball. Tell us all about the Memphis and the Flex because if that's what you call it I certainly would not have my team running that offense.

As for winning more games that you lose. Each team has a handful of games on the schedule that are circled each season (these are the big ones). Dburg played Bolivar, Haywood twice, Covington, and DC three times.....Dburg lost everyone of these games by an average of 12.8 points a game which means they basically got taken to the woodshed in every big game o there schedule.

I agree what i saw from Dburg was not the Memphis offense or the Flex offense cause a Flex offense is a zone type offense with a screener at the top of the key i did not see that at any point in time last night

You are right. The flex "O" is not to be confused with a pick and roll, but is set off screens generally at either the top of the key or the low post. It is also used to get all the big men on one side of the court so they can run screens and cut to the basket or clear one side of the court so the PG can go one on one. I agree that I don`t recall seeing that type offense run at all last night.