Ravenwood over Hillsboro!

iluvbball

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Ravenwood.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hillsboro shot 29% from the field tonight, and couldn't hit free-throws. Ultimately that is what killed them. I believe that Hillsboro will bounce back from this loss and win vs. Independence on Monday night.

Congratulation Ravenwood...final score was 49 - 47. Hillsboro was leading after 3 by a score of 34 to 26. Ravenwood outscored Hillsboro 23 - 13 in the 4th.

This game came down to confidence and composure. Ravenwood showed both when the game was on the line. Even with three girls on the bench due to fouling out (one being their leading scorer and rebounder) they never quit.

Ravenwood is a not the same team they were early. When you start freshmen, you have to wait a few games for them to grow up. It has been worth it for Ravenwood. Thier freshman post is the best to play in the mid state in a long, long time and may be the best freshman post ever. She is the best player in her region right now and will be the best player in the state next year. Just ask Hillsboro if she is tough to guard. Look for this kid to wear orange four years from now.

Ravenwood is a not the same team they were early. When you start freshmen, you have to wait a few games for them to grow up. It has been worth it for Ravenwood. Thier freshman post is the best to play in the mid state in a long, long time and may be the best freshman post ever. She is the best player in her region right now and will be the best player in the state next year. Just ask Hillsboro if she is tough to guard. Look for this kid to wear orange four years from now.

Well you must have missed the first quarter. I will agree that the upside to the freshman 64 post is tremendous. She misssed shot after shot, from two feet away in the first quarter. Hillsboro had 24 points at the half and only 10 more about midway in the fourth. The best thing that came out of this game for Ravenwood was late in the game the freshman was posting up with confidence and power against hillsboro. The ravenwood gym looks like it is brand new. I wonder what they are going to do with all the bricks that hillsboro left all over the gym. Great win for Ravenwood, way to show composure when your post was fouled out on a terrible call late in the game by the ref. Good luck

The best player in this region is the guard/forward at hillsboro who got in foul trouble with 3 min left in the first and stayed out the second.

I will agree Ravenwood is playing better now, but as for the freshman post, she is very good, but not the best in her district. She also does not come close to the tall post at smith county. If she keeps playing basketball it will be interesting to see what sport she deicides to play in college. I will have to go with Crouch as the BEST player in the district. She can play all positions and has a great feel for the game. I watched her post up strong against the Ravenwood post and she did not have a problem. They are both going to be fun watching the next couple of years! I hope that this district does great in the regions next week!

Well you must have missed the first quarter. I will agree that the upside to the freshman 64 post is tremendous. She misssed shot after shot, from two feet away in the first quarter. Hillsboro had 24 points at the half and only 10 more about midway in the fourth. The best thing that came out of this game for Ravenwood was late in the game the freshman was posting up with confidence and power against hillsboro. The ravenwood gym looks like it is brand new. I wonder what they are going to do with all the bricks that hillsboro left all over the gym. Great win for Ravenwood, way to show composure when your post was fouled out on a terrible call late in the game by the ref. Good luck

The best player in this region is the guard/forward at hillsboro who got in foul trouble with 3 min left in the first and stayed out the second.

The ravenwood gym looks like it is brand new. I wonder what they are going to do with all the bricks that hillsboro left all over the gym. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That was the funniest line I have seen in a long time!

She is closer to 6'5" and has scored 17.6/game over the last five against good teams. The girl at Hillsboro is a good h.s. player but has very little up side in my opinion. She is a tweener ( too small to play inside for a D1 school and a poor shooter outside). Great first step, but D1 players will be quick enough to make her shoot outside. Hillsboro is a great team because they are balanced and unselfish.

She is closer to 6'5" and has scored 17.6/game over the last five against good teams. The girl at Hillsboro is a good h.s. player but has very little up side in my opinion. She is a tweener ( too small to play inside for a D1 school and a poor shooter outside). Great first step, but D1 players will be quick enough to make her shoot outside. Hillsboro is a great team because they are balanced and unselfish.

I have to disagree here. Crouch is really good. She was maybe the best point guard in the district last season as a freshman. When another point showed up, she moved to the four. She can play any position 1-5 and will be a great college player. She is a good shooter and wonderful defender. Don't get me wrong, Hutson is very good, but she is still pretty raw. Also, if she is wearing Orange in a few years, it won't be for basketball. She is widely considered the best high school volleyball player in the country.

There is no argument here, Crouch is the best player in that district and region. She not only takes over at the high school level, but she does it at the AAU and Exposure Circuit level as well. She has interest from Division I schools all over the country. I would say she can play any position 1 - 4 on the floor, but is a better 2 or 3 because she is a good slasher and can finish on the move. She doesn't have a ton of size, but she knows how to use her frame to get position and score in traffic. Her outside shot needs some work, but it is not bad by any means.

Hutson has tremendous upside on the basketball court (iluvbball, can you remember who pointed out how huge she would be for Ravenwood before the season started?), but her heart will always be in volleyball. There have already been rumblings that she will not play basketball after this year (which doesn't surprise me cause she tends to play a year and skip a year). I wish that was not true, but this is a potential Olympic type volleyball player, so I guess you cannot fault her for wanting to go that route.