Baylor and Ryan tie for 1st

wosbodog

I'm not folowing your logic. Based on the dual results, which indicates something about "the way the teams line up", why would Baylor be happier with a tie than Ryan?

Regarding important topics on this board, please name one.

Anybody who understands wrestling understands that a good dual team and a good tournament team are not the same thing. Ryan has a stronger tournament team than Baylor does. They dont have near the dual team that Baylor does. That is a fact. Baylor would win that dual 9/10 times and I would wager that Ryan would win the individual 9/10 times witht their respective teams.

As far as important topics go, how about the issue of the TSSAA doing everything within its power to screw wrestling.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who understands wrestling understands that a good dual team and a good tournament team are not the same thing. Ryan has a stronger tournament team than Baylor does. They dont have near the dual team that Baylor does. That is a fact. Baylor would win that dual 9/10 times and I would wager that Ryan would win the individual 9/10 times witht their respective teams.

As far as important topics go, how about the issue of the TSSAA doing everything within its power to screw wrestling.

You're blaming the tie on the TSSAA?...I agree that there is a difference in a strong dual and a strong tournament team, but the other tournament that both Baylor and FR competed in this year ended with Baylor finishing 3 places ahead of FR. Seems that FR had a good day on Saturday. I think everyone was expecting Baylor to run away with this one. Congrats to both State Championship teams.

Would double elimination have cleared the tie up?

Sorry, I haven't had time to look at the brackets yet.....I've been getting our 5 sets out.

Don't think it would have, RMC. Looks to me like no one from Ryan or Baylor went home with only one loss, except those in the championship finals.

Does Georgia have a tie breaker process in the event of a tie?

Sorry to hear about the kid that died from the automobile accident.

Don't think it would have, RMC. Looks to me like no one from Ryan or Baylor went home with only one loss, except those in the championship finals.

Does Georgia have a tie breaker process in the event of a tie?

Sorry to hear about the kid that died from the automobile accident.

I'll check and see if we have a tie breaker. I just run the tournaments!

If you'd like to see our brackets they are available at www.atawrestling.com under the Ga state Tournament tab.

Thanks for helping me with my understand of wrestling. I have been trying to figure it out for years. With your help I now see that some teams are better dual teams than tournament teams. I guess what was throwing me off was that Baylor won all of the tournaments that they entered this year, including the state, as well as all of their dual matches except for the two to Collins Hill. I guess I still need a little more help understanding why Baylor would be happier with a tie than Ryan.

After the 06-07 season, Baylor lost a lot of their studs. Ben Johnson (4-time finalist, 3-time champ, NHSCA All American Junior), Mike Bell (2-time finalist, 07 champ), Reed Doster (3-time finalist and 2-time champ I think, All American Junior), Daniel Waddell (4-time finalist, 2-time champ, 2-time All-American at least), Fritz Doster (07 finalist), and McClain Still (2-time finalist) all graduated. Baylor's only returning medalists were Alex Manley, Bailey Whittaker, Trey Stavrum, and I can't remember the others. Father Ryan was returning the majority of their talent, and was expected to dominate. So for Baylor during one of its down years -with 4 starting seniors, 4 starting freshmen and 1 starting 8th grader- to tie with Ryan -7 seniors and no starting freshmen or middle schoolers- during one of Ryan's up years is a very big deal and that's why Baylor would tend to be happier with a tie than Father Ryan. I might not agree if I were a Baylor kid this year, but it makes sense.

You're blaming the tie on the TSSAA?...I agree that there is a difference in a strong dual and a strong tournament team, but the other tournament that both Baylor and FR competed in this year ended with Baylor finishing 3 places ahead of FR. Seems that FR had a good day on Saturday. I think everyone was expecting Baylor to run away with this one. Congrats to both State Championship teams.

You are a moron. The other tournament was a dual tournament. Other than the Collins Hill Duals I dont remember Baylor and Ryan meeting.

Also, I am not blaming the TSSAA on the Baylor Ryan tie. If you would look at a topic I started a few days ago, the TSSAA is potentially trying to limit the amount of mat time that HS kids can get in the off season.

Yall?????? Did I say anything about FR enjoying a tie? I dont think Baylor or FR are entirely happy with the tie. In fact, it would appear that Baylor should be happier with the tie than FR considering the way the teams lined up. Cupcake, please stop running your mouth there are too many important topics on this board for us to have to hear your crap.

wristbar- Since no response,,,is a response,,let me respond!

I try to stay away from the "important topics" and leave them for experts like you because I know I'm not qualified for such,,,but anything Baylor is "in my lane".

So if you want to get on here with some crazy comment (or crap as you call it) about FR being a better tournament team then Baylor,,,expect me to run my mouth. If you don't have a dog in the hunt (your not FR or Baylor) then who really should be running their mouth right now? If you're on the outside then you ain't on the inside,,,but I am Mr. Wristbar,,,,So thanks for your advice,,,but I'll continue to post as I see fit.

CC...sends!!!

Mr. Wristbar- I'm not trying to be ugly or even 'rattle your cage',,,but do you know a guy named grappler?

CC...sends!

Thanks for helping me with my understand of wrestling. I have been trying to figure it out for years. With your help I now see that some teams are better dual teams than tournament teams. I guess what was throwing me off was that Baylor won all of the tournaments that they entered this year, including the state, as well as all of their dual matches except for the two to Collins Hill. I guess I still need a little more help understanding why Baylor would be happier with a tie than Ryan.

Mtnrasslin- It looks like we have us a situation! I'm not trying to get all "Scientific" but I think we have met our match.?

CC