Weak region 9

99ginger

educate yourself before you make any more ignorant comments. There are some very good wreslters in this region and they didn't get that way by dodging tough competition.

I guess I have "educated" myself now. How many medals did region 9 take home. I believe the answer is 6! WOW! Like I said, WEAK. And it will only be weaker next year, except for Clarksville, of course. How can you say Region 9 is "tough" when they take hame 6 medals out of 84? I guess that "tough" competition that they wrestled all year really paid off. Hate to say "I told you so," but I did.

You need to watch who you are calling weak!!!!

I HATE to tell you not ONLY will Clarksville be stronger next year but I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DICKSON will be A LOT STRONGER next year!!! How many times have you seen region 9 teams

wrestle? JUST WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'll go ahead and say this year was disappointing for region 9. As far as teams go I still don't think they're "weak". There has to be down years occasionally, well unless you're team is Bradley central.

I appreciate being called out it must mean I'm famous /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=". Maybe next year I'll get one of BCB's awards /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />.

i am pretty sure you should look around region 9 did very well condidering how A wrestler took home 1st place and im sure your probley with division 2 paid school right or bradley with 10000 students wrestlings not huge in region 9. high schools no huge teams like bradley or clev, so think about that but im pretty sure your talking about a region who actually got medals did your son or was he a spectator . BECAUSE HE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT

You need to watch who you are calling weak!!!!

I HATE to tell you not ONLY will Clarksville be stronger next year but I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT DICKSON will be A LOT STRONGER next year!!! How many times have you seen region 9 teams

wrestle? JUST WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!

yes i am preety sure you should look around region 9 did very well condidering how Awrestler medaled 1st place and im sure your probleY with d2 paid school right or bradley with 10000 students wrestlings not huge in region 9 high schools no huge teams like bradley or clev, so think about that but im pretty sure your talking about a region who actually got medals did you or your son or are you AND HE A SPECTATOR. CAUSE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT

My son isn't in high school yet. He will be there next year along with alot of other great wrestlers.

There will be more medals won next year! I can't beleive that another person who "is suppost

to be a fan of wrestling" could talk about other wrestlers that way! Yea we are smaller schools,

and may not have the money to put into our programs like other schools, and maybe we

are not as popular as other schools but that doesn't mean they are weak. My son is good

enough to make it . You need to quit talking about things you know NOTHING about!

My son isn't in high school yet. He will be there next year along with alot of other great wrestlers.

There will be more medals won next year! I can't beleive that another person who "is suppost

to be a fan of wrestling" could talk about other wrestlers that way! Yea we are smaller schools,

and may not have the money to put into our programs like other schools, and maybe we

are not as popular as other schools but that doesn't mean they are weak. My son is good

enough to make it . You need to quit talking about things you know NOTHING about!

I can't wait to see someone try a peterson and get caught in "The Ginger"

and get pinned @ next years state. ( I just could not resist! )

I actually heard a coach describe the ginger to a Coacht poster this weekend in section 202.

Good luck to the Dickson crew next year. Sounds like Ginger Jr. will be one to watch next year

@ State.

yes i am preety sure you should look around region 9 did very well condidering how Awrestler medaled 1st place and im sure your probleY with d2 paid school right or bradley with 10000 students wrestlings not huge in region 9 high schools no huge teams like bradley or clev, so think about that but im pretty sure your talking about a region who actually got medals did you or your son or are you AND HE A SPECTATOR. CAUSE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE IT

speak english please

I can't wait to see someone try a peterson and get caught in "The Ginger"

and get pinned @ next years state. ( I just could not resist! )

I actually heard a coach describe the ginger to a Coacht poster this weekend in section 202.

Good luck to the Dickson crew next year. Sounds like Ginger Jr. will be one to watch next year

@ State.

instead of the gramby clinic that we put on last year...blackman high school will be hosting a GINGER CLINIC. "the new move that will take TN high school wrestling to the top" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

instead of the gramby clinic that we put on last year...blackman high school will be hosting a GINGER CLINIC. "the new move that will take TN high school wrestling to the top" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that would be awesome! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

educate yourself before you make any more ignorant comments. There are some very good wreslters in this region and they didn't get that way by dodging tough competition.

I guess I have "educated" myself now. How many medals did region 9 take home. I believe the answer is 6! WOW! Like I said, WEAK. And it will only be weaker next year, except for Clarksville, of course. How can you say Region 9 is "tough" when they take hame 6 medals out of 84? I guess that "tough" competition that they wrestled all year really paid off. Hate to say "I told you so," but I did.

Look pal, you made the "ignorant" comment about other teams in region nine not looking for tougher competition and you have zero knowledge about their schedules. I made no statement about how tough our region is, only that we are doing what we can to get better. Something must have worked, this is the first year Harpeth went to the state tournament. We are not a big school and are without a long-standing wrestling traditon, but are seeking tougher competition. It may be your style to call people out, call a particular region weak, and then boast when you think you have gotten it right(wow that sounds like great personality traits), but I would think a fellow fan of wrestling wouldn't have to put someone else down to make himself or another region look better.

Look pal, you made the "ignorant" comment about other teams in region nine not looking for tougher competition and you have zero knowledge about their schedules. I made no statement about how tough our region is, only that we are doing what we can to get better. Something must have worked, this is the first year Harpeth went to the state tournament. We are not a big school and are without a long-standing wrestling traditon, but are seeking tougher competition. It may be your style to call people out, call a particular region weak, and then boast when you think you have gotten it right(wow that sounds like great personality traits), but I would think a fellow fan of wrestling wouldn't have to put someone else down to make himself or another region look better.

well said!

Fanforlife, why in the world are you dragging Bradley into this? You seem to be implying that Bradley finds success because they have "10,000" students. For the record, student population is about 1,500. Granted, it's a fine #, but just about the same as many, many schools across the state. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Fanforlife, why in the world are you dragging Bradley into this? You seem to be implying that Bradley finds success because they have "10,000" students. For the record, student population is about 1,500. Granted, it's a fine #, but just about the same as many, many schools across the state. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

very good point, bradley has maybe two or three hundred more kids than most the schools in region 9. the montgomery county schools are all about 900-1200 kids in them. 300 kids isn't really much of an advantage. if size were the case, then why aren't schools like farragut blowing everyone out of the water?

i think this topic was originally a ridiculous attempt to try and humilate a few people on a wrestling board. i checked back to see if i ever said that i thought region 9 was the toughest region and i named for sure several others that i thought were tougher. By the way those tougher regions that i named in another topic won most of the medals this year at state. so i dont know why i was called out?

Here is what i said about region 9. judge for yourself if i said that region 9 was THE TOUGHEST, more like PROBABLY IN THE TOP 4. Then i said REGION 9 IS TOUGH BUT NOT THE TOUGHEST BY FAR. The original post is below.

region 9 is probably in the top 4 for toughest regions, following bradley and cleveland's region (region 3 i believe), then soddy, ooltewah, notre dame, and red bank's region. and region 6 with franklin, overton, independence, and brentwood. there's some old post's on coacht that you can see which regions have the most medals and state champs. region 9 is tough but not the toughest by far. i'm hoping that the region 9 guys have a great showing this week and bring some of the medals back from chattanooga (the tournament is in chattanooga and for some reason they keep most of the medals in the city and they regularly take duals titles down I24 and keep them for multiple years in a row, that's a whole different debate though).