Class A, Region 5 Tournament

BenDover178

Nice to see the fine folks with the TSSAA found a site neutral and equa-distant for both districts..............NOT...I bet the Van Buren folks will enjoy that trip!!

NCS's closes district opponent is 40 minutes away.

CA-56.6 mi (1hr, 8min)

ER-41.7 mi (50 min)

HC-57.1 mi (1hh, 29min)

JB-51.4 mi (58min)

MC-47.3 mi (1hr, 2min)

WH-H-34.4mi (40min)

(according to google maps)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No point. I figured if you're going to complain then I might as well put my two cents in. (If you didn't get it, your post was pointless too. That was the joke, but it loses humor when it flies right over your head)

I'm afraid your head is the one that got passed over there, friend. I was referring to travel distance for a regional tournament and you started quoting distances that your team traveled for district games.. Totally off the subject, don't you think? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I'm afraid your head is the one that got passed over there, friend. I was referring to travel distance for a regional tournament and you started quoting distances that your team traveled for district games.. Totally off the subject, don't you think? /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Not entirely. Were you referring to that distance that is traveled, or the multiple trips if you keep winning? I wasn't trying to be smart about it, I simply thought that you were talking about the distance. That is why I put those distances down.

Anyone have any thoughts on the quarterfinal games?

I would say that the region tournament will have at least one blowout, but most games should be good one's since it is the time in the season where upset magic occurs. One possiblility of a blowout could be the NCS-Cascade matchup. If NCS gets on fire with shooting the 3 and Cacade doesn't block it out of their minds and slow down the tempo of the game they will lose big. The Van Buren-McEwen matchup shows possiblity of a blowout, however this game shows the upset magic with McEwen riding high after a big win over East Robertson . The Eagleville-East Robertson matchup is actually a decent matchup. Both teams have guys who are athletic and can get the ball to the hoop, but what could make this a possible blowout is Eagleville's size. Eagleville's Lillard has the ablility to rebound and score, creating a possible mismatch in this contest, but not if East Robertson's Woodard can help it, he just may have the athleticism and ablility that could help overcome this. Lastly, the CA-Forrest matchup is a good one, but if CA gets rebounds and get's penetration with Porter and company this could be a huge loss for Forrest. Forrest's ablility to overcome their lackings with great hustle and desire to win could also make this a decent game, and possible upset. All of these matchups look promising and I can't wait till Saturday when the tournament finally begins.

NCS will host their satellite game at NCS. I have a feeling the gym will be PACKED because this is the LAST home game for this SPECTACULAR senior NCS class. Even if NCS gets a home sub-state game, I believe they will host the game at Hillwood (not 100% sure about the sub-state at hillwood fact though).