Class A, Region 5 Tournament

BenDover178

Have you even seen CA play? They are as athletic if not more athletic than any team in this regional tournament. I'm not saying they are more talented or a better basketball team than everyteam, I'm just saying they are very athletic and have 1 very good gaurd that tranfered from Clarksville High School that played varsity as a freshman but had to sit out last year because of the transfer, has outstanding ball handling skills and a shot and driving capability like I havn't seen in a long time and 3 very good big men that can score double digits everygame. Eagleville may win, idk but I think that it will be alot closer than you think and I think CA could pull this one out.

I never implied that it want be a close game. It is obvious by their record that CA has a very good team. No, I have not seen them play, but in general Eagleville has been bigger and a little more athletic than most 1a teams. I believe Eagleville's balanced attack and deep bench will help them win tonight. I am looking forward to the game tonight. I'm glad we are playing the first game, that way I will be able to get home and see most of the UT/Vanderbilt game tonight. GO EAGLES (Eagleville & VB) I believe district 9 might get a sweep tonight, both games should be close.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing Forrest, Eagleville and CA play this year I will make my prediction on the game. Forrest and Eagleville played very close games this year but come Tourney time Eagleville stepped into another gear. They are playing better then I have seen them play in my opinion the last two years. They are fast and athletic and have the size at post. CA also a fast and athletic team with size but I feel Eagleville is the better team. The difference in the game between Forrest and CA was missed foul shots and missed easy shots under the goal.

My prediction: Eagleville 70 CA 58

I haven't see NCS play at all only VB. VB is a patient team that doesn't seem to get rattled when it isn't going their way. They keep playing their game. They also show a lot of sportsmanship. They have two great players in Baker and Smith. Of course being from 9A, I am picking VB. Good Luck Eagles.

It should be two good match ups. I would like to see coach Anderson get his 1000th win but I want to see it happen next season not this one. I hope that Eagleville beats CA and I think they have the team to do it and by the way, they are playing their best ball of the season. I see VB playing a great game tonight and maybe even getting the upset over the number 3 ranked team in the state. Anything can happen so good luck to everyone. I heard they are predicting up to 3 inches of snow on the mountain tonight so everyone be careful on their travel.

It should be two good match ups. I would like to see coach Anderson get his 1000th win but I want to see it happen next season not this one. I hope that Eagleville beats CA and I think they have the team to do it and by the way, they are playing their best ball of the season. I see VB playing a great game tonight and maybe even getting the upset over the number 3 ranked team in the state. Anything can happen so good luck to everyone. I heard they are predicting up to 3 inches of snow on the mountain tonight so everyone be careful on their travel.

Region Championship: Eagleville vs. Nashville Chrisitan..... Predictions?

Congrats to Eagleville and NCS on advancing to the Regional Championship it was two great games to watch. I wanted to say to the VB Eagles you gave all the fans a great ride this year we just came up a little short. I am proud you guys held your heads high as you left the court and I am proud you guys have real class no matter win or loose. To the Seniors that will be leaving I will miss watching you guys play to the younger players the work starts now for next year so get in the gym any opportunity you have and be the best you can be. Good luck to Region 5 in the sectionals.

Congrats to Eagleville and NCS on advancing to the Regional Championship it was two great games to watch. I wanted to say to the VB Eagles you gave all the fans a great ride this year we just came up a little short. I am proud you guys held your heads high as you left the court and I am proud you guys have real class no matter win or loose. To the Seniors that will be leaving I will miss watching you guys play to the younger players the work starts now for next year so get in the gym any opportunity you have and be the best you can be. Good luck to Region 5 in the sectionals.

I second that. Van Buren County has a very good team. NCS made some clutch shots at the end and that was the difference.

Two well played games, the finals should be a good game. The quickness and 3 pt shooting of NCS could be a major concern for Eagleville but we have pretty good quickness ourselves. One problem I see is we really haven't played a team with that type of offense all year thus a completely new defensive game plan must be put into place in a short amount of time. I do believe us having a very balanced team scoring wise could help us. If we can play good defense on the perimeter we might have a chance for an upset. One way we are different than VB is that we have more than one person who can post up inside thus that might be difficult for NCS to handle, it's hard to double and triple team three people. I'm looking forward to a great game and atmosphere.