Class A, Region 5 Tournament

BenDover178

I dont think strength of schedule has anything to do with who wins this game. The schedules are probably pretty comparable. Records dont matter either. Eagleville had different things come into play during the course of the season (missing players for various reasons and changing the starting line-up). All that matters is the team that is put on the floor right now. And that is why I think Eagleville wins a close game. Probably will be less than 5 point win. Eagleville proved that right now they are certainly better than VB. The district tournament game was not really even that close. And VB had NC beat befor they blew the game. Eagleville will have to play great defense but they are very capable of defending NC. And I think NC will have lots of trouble guarding Eagleville. Should be a great game. I am hoping to get to come.

I will agree with you about the records and strength of schedule, they don't matter at this point in the year. However I cannot agree with you're outcome of the game. You used the fact that VB almost beat NCS until they blew it. I'd like to point out that Eagleville only beat CA by 5, and NCS margin of victory over CA this year is 13ppg. I guess my point is, you cannot use any previous games to determine the outcome, the best you can do is compare speed, coaching, skill. I agree it won't be easy for NCS to guard the post, but I think their ability, especially Anderson's, of being able to read the pass will help. Based on stats I've seen and games I've seen, I believe NCS will use a similar gameplan that they would against CA. Having said that I guess my pick is NCS by 6 or less.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think strength of schedule has anything to do with who wins this game. The schedules are probably pretty comparable. Records dont matter either. Eagleville had different things come into play during the course of the season (missing players for various reasons and changing the starting line-up). All that matters is the team that is put on the floor right now. And that is why I think Eagleville wins a close game. Probably will be less than 5 point win. Eagleville proved that right now they are certainly better than VB. The district tournament game was not really even that close. And VB had NC beat befor they blew the game. Eagleville will have to play great defense but they are very capable of defending NC. And I think NC will have lots of trouble guarding Eagleville. Should be a great game. I am hoping to get to come.

I want to politely disagree and pick NCS to win, because the team, coach (and Caden) refuse to lose.

I want to less politely point out that this statement: "And VB had NC beat befor they blew the game" has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happened on the floor Tuesday night. Being up 10 at the half is not having a team beat. Losing a 10 point lead with 3 minutes to go due to turnovers or stupid shots would be "blowing" a game. Winning the first half by 10 and getting beat in the second half by 13, when the lead goes steadily from 10, up to 14, then down to 4 after three quarters and down by 3 at the end, caused by an extremely good and extremely talented kid taking over with 7 threes and great ball control, is just getting beat.

The only question I have about how VB played is why did the coach not do something to post up the 6'4''-6'5" point guard against the 5'9"-5'10" defender? Otherwise, I though VB played very well. But the better team won.

I want to personally apologize for their behavior. Being an alumni of NCS, I was ashamed at their behavior. I actually happened to have graduated with the guy that got thrown out. He has been thrown out of a few other games this year for the same reason.

To all VB fans, players, coaches, and cheerleaders, that is not a good representation of NCS. Please except my apology on NCS's behalf. I feel that you should atleast hear it from someone. Hopefully they will be more civil for the Eagleville game.

I was sitting on the 4th row behind the young men.

I have great respect for the fans, players, coachs, and cheerleaders from Van Buren for being mature enough to not get "suckered" into what was occuring.

I have a couple of questions.

Who is responsible for stopping this kind of behavior? The host team? The 2 policemen standing a short distance away? Or someone else?

During the whole game the action was inappropriate but very little was done.

Who failed to do their job?