EAGLEVILLE WINS DISTRICT 9A TOURNEY!

basketballguru

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Eagleville on the District Championship.

I'm just curious as to what happened to VB because during the two meetings in the regular season they won by an average of 14.5 pts. Did Eagleville just come out and just flat out play'em (wanted it more)? Was it a fairly called game? Was VB missing any players?

I'm not trying to start any kind of argument, I wasn't at the game. I am just trying to figure out how VB lost by 12 when beating them by an avg of 14.5 pts during the season.

Eagleville beat us last night pure and simple. They had more energy seemed like everything was going their way. It looked to me the ball was bouncing in their favor off the rims. I don't think we boxed out that well last night and they did. I knew this was going to be a good game because I knew the talent they had. I really wanted this District Tournament title but we are a good enough team to rebound from this loss and do good in the region. Congratulations to Eagleville on a win maybe we will get to meet you again in the region tournament.

It was only 14.5 avg margin because the first game was a blowout. In that blowout is was at Van Buren and two Eagleville players did not play. The two times they have played and both teams have been fully healthy it has been Van Buren winning by 6 in a game where they were on fire from 3-point range and Eagleville winning by 12. Throw the first game out the door. These are two very good teams that are pretty even. Van Buren has two great players but I have said all along I think Eagleville has a better team of 5.

BTW, too bad Community was not playing Forrest last night. At least we would have given them a game.

It was only 14.5 avg margin because the first game was a blowout. In that blowout is was at Van Buren and two Eagleville players did not play. The two times they have played and both teams have been fully healthy it has been Van Buren winning by 6 in a game where they were on fire from 3-point range and Eagleville winning by 12. Throw the first game out the door. These are two very good teams that are pretty even. Van Buren has two great players but I have said all along I think Eagleville has a better team of 5.

BTW, too bad Community was not playing Forrest last night. At least we would have given them a game.

lol guess you should have beaten Cascade when you had the chance. why do you think forrest beat Cascade so bad just curious wanted to hear what people who saw the game think about it

That a whole lot of assuming there, "Hero"... Especially since Community couldn't beat Cascade to even get in this game. Oh, I forgot, Community did only lose to Forrest by 26 points a couple of weeks ago, so your probably right about that statement. At least Cascade was able to beat Forrest this season. Think before you run your mouth next time. I wonder about people that have to add "hero" or "legend" to their name anyway! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Yes VB didn't hit their shots last night like they did at Eagleville. If we had hit more of our threes last night it could have been a different ballgame. Farris had a good game last night hitting every three he shot I think and Smith hit one but the other guys couldn't buy one. I am not that upset over missing shots I kind of don't like to get out hustled after loose balls and not crashing the boards like we usually do. Also I noticed something last night that I had heard about some players on the Eagleville team. Not all of the players because most seemed like nice guys but when one of Eaglevilles players got knocked down toward the Eagleville fans and one of our guys went over to help him up he knocked our players hand away I don't think a player should do that.

Yes VB didn't hit their shots last night like they did at Eagleville. If we had hit more of our threes last night it could have been a different ballgame. Farris had a good game last night hitting every three he shot I think and Smith hit one but the other guys couldn't buy one. I am not that upset over missing shots I kind of don't like to get out hustled after loose balls and not crashing the boards like we usually do. Also I noticed something last night that I had heard about some players on the Eagleville team. Not all of the players because most seemed like nice guys but when one of Eaglevilles players got knocked down toward the Eagleville fans and one of our guys went over to help him up he knocked our players hand away I don't think a player should do that.

i guess "EAGLEPROTECTOR" did not do much protecting last night. keheheheheheheee. no reason to be bitter over losing to a better team. : /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just in response to your "bad player or sportmanship quote", the eagleville player was being guarded pretty tightly and there was quite a bit of hacking going on. The van buren player then tripped the eagleville player and he fell to the ground. The van buren player then put a hand out to help him up and the eagleville player simply disregarded it, not hit it away. Im not sure, but I believe when someone knocks me down im not really going to be too worried or need that guys help to get up. It was a physical game and emotions were running high as the district championship was on the line. There is no need to get on here to try and bash an eagleville player for turning down an open hand, which was a nice gesture on the van buren players behalf, that had just shoved him to the floor moments before.

My bad I guess sportsmanship is not warranted when the District Championship is on the line. I didn't know that rule. Sportsmanship should be top priority win or loose. VB has always tried to do this and yes he may have got knocked down but we don't play dirty and I will tell you if it had been the other way around you wouldn't have seen that reaction. Enough of that from me I want to congratulate Lillard on and outstanding tournament you deserved the MVP.

Lillard did have a great game for Eagleville last night. But I think that the outcome of the game and the mvp award could have easily swung Van Buren's way if we would have kept feeding it in to Smith, like we did to start the game. Eagleville never stopped him. We just stopped getting him the ball. Farris had a good game as well. I think he missed one 3pt attempt. Looks like he should have been shooting it more as well. It's a shame he did not get an all-tournament trophy. I know any of the players would trade an individual award for 1st place in the tournament. Eagleville definitly played harder and more as a team last night. Good luck to them in the regionals. Now if VB can beat Mcwen on Saturday night, they get to face Nashville Christian again. You know they can shoot the three and pressure our guards as well. Plus their coach will be going for his 1,000th win in that game. But both teams must win their first round game first.

As for as the Eagleville player rejecting or pushing away the VB players hand last night, it does look bad, like poor sportsmanship. The ref didn't waste anytime letting him know about it either. I know our players are taught to play that way, but sometimes I wish they would play with a tougher mentality. I am in no way suggesting playing dirty or trying to hurt anyone. But if you do knock someone down by accident, (like the incident last night) let them lay there if they want to. It just looks like we play "soft" sometimes and come tournament time, the teams that play soft will be the first ones sent home.

Poor sportmanship? The only time I beleive that was displayed was when Eagleville was receiving their trophy and posing for pictures and the Van Buren parents were yelling things at them. Dont try and bash a player simply because he didnt take a hand after he got shoved down. I stated before it was a great gesture by the VB player to try and help him up, great sportsmanship, however sometime when someone pushes you down you dont really want their help to get up. Best of luck in regionals Van Buren. You guys have one heck of a team.