Westmoreland Eagles

mtb4l

Westmoreland pulled out a big win tonight against trousdale county an their own gym. They ended up winnin by 17. Trousdale played a great game but the eagles jus shot the lights out the whole night. It was close the whole first half and the westmoreland buckled down on defense in the third and shut em down. The perry kid was on tonight for westmoreland. He had prolly 5 or 6 threes...maybe even more. But what happened to gordonsville Z King of D Swing? I thought they were gonna win it all? They barely beat friendship if the teeter kid for friendship wouldn'ta choked on the game tyin free throw with 0.3 seconds left. But anyways, congrats to the westmoreland eagles with their 2nd district championship in three years. Now lets see if they can take care of business saturday night against clarkrange and hopefully face pickett in the region championship.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westmoreland pulled out a big win tonight against trousdale county an their own gym. They ended up winnin by 17. Trousdale played a great game but the eagles jus shot the lights out the whole night. It was close the whole first half and the westmoreland buckled down on defense in the third and shut em down. The perry kid was on tonight for westmoreland. He had prolly 5 or 6 threes...maybe even more. But what happened to gordonsville Z King of D Swing? I thought they were gonna win it all? They barely beat friendship if the teeter kid for friendship wouldn'ta choked on the game tyin free throw with 0.3 seconds left. But anyways, congrats to the westmoreland eagles with their 2nd district championship in three years. Now lets see if they can take care of business saturday night against clarkrange and hopefully face pickett in the region championship.

Gordonsville also BARELY beat WESTMORELAND, Friendship, and TCHS during the season to get where they are today...Remember Barely counts in basketball!!!!

You'll have to beat Clay Co. to get to the region championship so Clarkrange isn't your only obstacle. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So true, so true.

why are you still talkin bout the regular season? what did barely beatin westmoreland, friendship and trousdale in the regular season get you in the district tournament? THIRD PLACE!!! who came out on top when it really mattered? now you guys get to go face a tough clay county team in their own gym...if clay plays like they did the rest of the season except for the last one, gordonsville won't even be close to them

You'll have to beat Clay Co. to get to the region championship so Clarkrange isn't your only obstacle. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i know i hear what your sayin...clays gotta good team but we already beat em once in the nera white tournament

• 4 months later...

Even tho Gordonsville BARELY beat Trousdale and Westmoreland, They choked when it counted. They ended up 3rd in the district. This upcoming season there will be 3 teams competing for the district championship. Its gona be a really competitive year but I see TCHS comin out on top. GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even tho Gordonsville BARELY beat Trousdale and Westmoreland, They choked when it counted. They ended up 3rd in the district. This upcoming season there will be 3 teams competing for the district championship. Its gona be a really competitive year but I see TCHS comin out on top. GO JACKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many players did Trousdale lose off of last years team? I know Westmoreland lost a few we (Jackson County) played them in camp and it was ugly both ways as we lost all but one of the starters from our State tournament team. Friendship will always be good for the obvious reasons. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

They lost one player to a knee injury, and they lost a post player (Malone), broke his wrist the last game of the season at Watertown. So they were not at full strength; but that's the way it goes. They only lost one off of that team so they have a chance to be pretty good again this year. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!