Region 2A Tournament

vols

[/size] ok im sick of hearing about oliver springs being sick!!!! wartburg had their best player out but still won!!! i wish os fans would just except that they lost.....just like when coalfield beat them in the season they complained cuz Kayla didnt have a good game but i think she had atleast 20 pionts?? thats not bad!!! wartburg deserved that win they stepped up and played good!! Isnt os asst. coash a preacher?? that game was on a wed??? hmm i always heard that god is before sports!!! Thats wierd to me!! everyone needs to stop complainin and just worry bout the next game cuz its not going to be easy!!!! i am pullin for wartburg and i hope they do good!!!!

GO DAWGS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been sick an was unable to make it to any district or regional games I love OZ and wish they had won but I was told that Wartburg just out played us. I was told Megan was the key to Wartburg winning this game they are a very strong upperclassmen team and has played well all year they do get to host the sub=state game now and wish them all the luck in this game. Now for us going to Clouldland to play it will not be an easy game for us but I do believe we will come out on top and make another trip to state. Best of luck to both ball teams. All of District 4 teams has played well this year if I am not mistaken this is the first time Coalfield and Wartburg has ever beaten us so good job to those 2 teams.

I just want to say that I've learned many things this season as a fan.

1.) Many people said that Wartburg would suffer with an inexperienced first year coach. I bought in to that all the way. But Davis has shown that work ethic can overcome most obstacles. Also, many had the attitude that he hadn't won that much in middle school so he wouldn't win at the high school level. Lesson learned don't judge a book without first reading a few pages!

2.) Size doesn't matter like it used to. Oakdale had the most experienced and biggest team in the region. But our lack of footspeed seemed to kill us on occasion. All 4 times we played Wartburg and hopefully that was the problem in the dist consolation game.

3.) Oliver Springs is not all powerful any longer. In the end losing copeland, parton, and company hurt them more than anticipated. Christopher is amazing but she is only one person and the other players from os need to step it up.

4.) There is a home court advantage with the tournaments being held at wartburg. When we played them I felt it was the difference. There is no use in this the people of Oakdale could have made the trip 10 miles to wartburg but i guess they had better things to do.. Fan support matters!

5.) Don't complain about sickness at Tournament time. I have yet to hear any wartburg fans complain because Settles is out and she is their most productive player! OS had a belly ache or something, what about the fact that Armes was obviously ill during the Reg 2A champ? Just face it you got beat, outcoached, and outworked! We've been there 4 times this year, join the club!

Great Take SDO!

People like sportsmom25 said that Jason hadn't proven himself and I said that the kids would play harder for him than anyone else! Looks like I was right! Go back and read some of the idiotic statements made in the Wartburg next year thread! People didn't believe in Him at all this year, but I can think of about 20 girls that never stopped believing in their coach and themselves! The girls stood up to the pressure! He really makes the kids feel like they are family, family dies much harder in tournament season!

To the girls,

Tonight is a celebration of the great season you've had! Play as hard as it is possible for you to play and don't give an inch! Win or lose you've made history this season and WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU!

GO DOGS!

Super Dave ,

I agree with what u have to say above. I was one of Jasons doubters and I promised that if I was wrong I'd be big enough to admit it. He has surprised lots of people including me. I think he took heed to what people had to say and went into this season open minded and changed what he needed to from his middle school style of coaching. I really think the 2 years he spent at Dallas' side helped him a lot. With 13 upperclassmen and a talented soph I dont ever think there was any doubt the talent was there. They meshed when they had too and success soon followed.

bulldogplayermom,

Looks like u and I were typing at he same time. I've never attacked u on here but if u want to throw stones u need to go back and read some of ur posts during this season. They havent all been in support of Jason. You've espressed doubts when they were struggling. The point is the girls have fought and come out on top. I will continue to support them and continue to express my thoughts despite who I might offend

So you only support the girls? I'm saying that Coach Davis in the end did what needed to be done. Had he not incorporated Crystal in to the mix this season we wouldn't be where we are now! I simply encouraged him to play the best 5 that's all.

So, are you now willing to say you were wrong about JD or do you still think he can't coach?

So you only support the girls? I'm saying that Coach Davis in the end did what needed to be done. Had he not incorporated Crystal in to the mix this season we wouldn't be where we are now! I simply encouraged him to play the best 5 that's all.

So, are you now willing to say you were wrong about JD or do you still think he can't coach?

Dog mom, Im from Cloudland and I was looking @ Wartburg /OS game photos on CoachT I was wondering what # Kalya was. Its not like im trying to get a leg up or cheat by seeing her photos. We will find out who she is bout 6:30 this evening. Just wondering which one she is in the photos. And by the way I was also wondering if OS has a deep bench. Can u give me a lil 411.

Dog mom, Im from Cloudland and I was looking @ Wartburg /OS game photos on CoachT I was wondering what # Kalya was. Its not like im trying to get a leg up or cheat by seeing her photos. We will find out who she is bout 6:30 this evening. Just wondering which one she is in the photos. And by the way I was also wondering if OS has a deep bench. Can u give me a lil 411.

Dog mom nevermind about what # Kayla is . I looked up last years photos and seen that she was #5 . Still wondering about depth and size.

bdpmom,

/mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> Did I not admit that I was wrong about Jason and how he would handle this year? Yes I did. I did not say I was only in support of the girls. Only stating that despite change and controversy they overcame and fought hard. Obviously if I didnt support Jason I wouldnt have said I was wrong. But as far as I'm concerned I go to watch the girls play , and yes obviously his coaching does reflect on how they play. In the end this season is about the girls. Gee try to twist some more words.

Congrats to Wartburg and Oliver Springs on making it to M'boro! It appears we are getting represented well at this years tournament. Enjoy your experience up there, it is certainly a whole new animal at the State Tournament. Jason, you need to bone up on your "media skills" because you are getting ready to "meet the press". (not just the basketball kind) All you kids will love the experience you get up there, as I am sure OS well knows.

Isn't it laughable that Coach Davis's two biggest detractors this season are, in the end, pretty much eating their words about his coaching. (oops...forgot about SDO) Just proves that parents or spectators should just be seen and not heard. Everybody is an expert when they sit in the bleachers and don't make a single call that affects the outcome of the game! I know.....you've taught Pee-Wee Basketball for 40 years and everybody plays and you never make a wrong decision and your team has never lost! Pity the poor fool who gets into coaching. Coach Davis enjoy your year. My bet is if you can't repeat the feat next year, fans will turn their back on you. I think you have proven enough.....good job and good luck in the future.

Do either one of these teams have a chance to take the title? Well, OS proved last season that you don't really have to have the best team to make the championship (or win it), you just have to have the team that is playing the best! The good news is they both are playing their best basketball, but the reality is theya re going to be playing (at some point) some beasts. I think they could take a game or two down there, depending who they face first, but for either one of them to win it would be fairly remarkable. Wartburg has more depth.....they could push the tempo from start to finish because they have so many solid players. They won't run out of gas. OS has to be more deliberate because they aren't as deep. They do have the phenom, and she alone will keep them in most games. If the other players show up.....OS can again do some damage in the Glass House! I'm rooting for both of them!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazam37 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />