Region 2A Tournament

vols

I believe if Oliver Springs plays like they did Saturday they'll be ok. There was a fire in that team that hadn't been there in a while. I guess knowing your season is on the line can do that to you.

Cloudland wasn't a bad team. They just didn't have the depth though to match Oliver Springs' never ending wave of subs. The Lady 'Cats pressed or trapped in the half court pretty much the whole night and that kept them out of their comfort zone.

The bad thing for Wartburg and OS is they probably drew the two best teams there, but you got to beat them sometime.

The good thing for Wartburg is there is no pressure on them Wednesday. Jackson County is expected to win big and that should allow for the Lady 'Dogs to play loose. If Wartburg can stay close maybe the pressure of not winning big could hurt the Lady Devils and the girls from Wartburg can pull off a stunner.

OS won't be able to sneak up on anyone because of how they played last year. Hopefully, their familiarity with Clarkrange can help them stay close and win in the end like last year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Goose, at least the outcome won't be decided on CoachT! Neither team has an inviting start to the tournament. I don't believe either one is going to be a favorite going in, and their chances of pulling off a "stunner" aren't very high. OS has the better situation because they are not going to be fixated on the whole carnival of the state tournament. If they show up to play they will give Clarkrange quite a fit. Clarkrange definitely has an advantage inside, but so did Knox Webb. In fact Webb is better than the Lady Buffs in that department! Coach Davis is going to meet a whole slew of reporters wondering if his team can overcome JC. He needs to say all the right things, both for his girls confidence and to placate JC. Either way, the task before them is daunting, to say the least. Then again, everybody thought little old Hickory was beat too! (Hoosiers) Jackson Co. has said they have the goods from day one, so it's all on them. Wartburg could find itself close in the end, which would be the best thing going for them. Or they could get blown out of the water. (believe me, its happened before)

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kaz /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree. One good thing for Coach Christopher today is that school is out and she won't have to deal with as many phone calls. I wish OS or Wartburg could have got the first game. It's early for everyone, but the teams from the eastern time zone would have been a little more into their daily routine.

[/size] ok im sick of hearing about oliver springs being sick!!!! wartburg had their best player out but still won!!! i wish os fans would just except that they lost.....just like when coalfield beat them in the season they complained cuz Kayla didnt have a good game but i think she had atleast 20 pionts?? thats not bad!!! wartburg deserved that win they stepped up and played good!! Isnt os asst. coash a preacher?? that game was on a wed??? hmm i always heard that god is before sports!!! Thats wierd to me!! everyone needs to stop complainin and just worry bout the next game cuz its not going to be easy!!!! i am pullin for wartburg and i hope they do good!!!!

GO DAWGS

Does any one agree that this is a mean and ugly post?? Get a clue and do not judge people. OS did get beat and one person can not carry the team and the coaches cannot go play for their girls. So why down the Coaches like that? Yes it was on a Wed night but the Lord knows all hearts including your own persons! Wartburg showed up to play ball and OS did not so they got beat, so now BOTH teams from this area is BORO BOUND!! That is great for this part of the State and we all should be happy for the ones that are involved. Hopefully the Lord will smile on BOTH teams and let them be healthy and learn good sportmanship from their respected elders!!(Meaning the Coaches that was chosen for them, becuase they are with them thru thick and thin!!) I hope that if any of the girls are reading this that they will send a word of thanks that the Lord has smiled on both teams and is sending them in a direction in their life that they will ALWAYS remember and hopefully will learn that fussing on CoachT about everything is just not what he had in mind for them!! Experiencing a trip to the State Tourney for Wartburg is going to boggle their minds amnd GOOD LUCK to them Dogs, we want you to do well because you are representing the East Tennessee Area as well as Oliver Springs. Be Ladys and learn from this!! GO EAST TENNESSEE!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />