Lake County vs. Union City III

spellerone

Well, now that Lake county is out of the way, lets send Humboldt down to Memphis. Union City is on a MISSION......!

These 7 Seniors, plus the other along with the coaches know it is Union city's Gold Ball to loose. If Humboldt is who we play, they have a CONTROL problem and they do not worry me at all.

Go Union City.....GO ALL THE WAY WITH ALL WINS>>>>>>

Oh, another thing....did yall know Union City is NOW the only "Unbeaten team in the entire state counting college.

Great game tonight.

Good Job UC! Yes i knew that UC is the only "unbeaten team in the entire state" and i hate to make this reference but The Patriots were the only unbeaten team in the entire NFL and they made it to the Super Bowl unbeaten and what happened thats right TOO CONFIDENT and lost but good job so far!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Tornadoes. Another hard fought win against a talented Falcon team. UC continue to Represent District 14A and I know you will. It sure would have been sweet to win but the game played out the same way it has every time against UC and Humboldt. No shame in a loss to either of those teams. I am not pulling for either one more than the other. Hopefully both will make it to the 'Boro and continue represent District 14A which in my humble opinion is the best 1A district in the state. Go Tornadoes....Go Vikings......I believe my crow is about ready, I like it barbecued with BAD BOB'S HOT barbecue sauce..... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Well I went to see all the tornatic activity I`ve been hearing about all year. First of all I could tell they weren`t on the first half missing so many lay-ups and MJ got off to a slow start as well, but I`m not so sure LC didn`t cause alot of that "slow start". I must say I felt right at homeas I sat on the UC side (no particular reason). The UC faithful shared info and stories w/ me all night (I was wearing a DC cap). I met some nice ppl. But I was amazed that UC plays the same style of ball as DC. I think DC is a little quicker but I can`t comment on the shooting because I do believe they had an off night. Was impressed by MJ. Got off to a slow start but he never got down and made it happen when it counted. Not sure who #3 was, but was impressed w/ him too.

LC is a very good team. Their bigs run the floor as well as any I`ve seen in a long time. I do believe the refs and the scorers table had a mixup on fouls when they sat #21 down with 5 fouls, think they had his fouls confused w/ #23`s. If they had made free throws may have been a diff outcome.

EVERYBODY LISTEN UP. I PROMISE I WILL DO MY BEST TO NEVER GRIPE ABOUT THE REFS AT DC AGAIN. THESE GUYS WERE SIMPLY UNREAL! BOTH ENDS!

Congrats to UC on their win and to LC for a great year. It should make you feel good when a dominant team is worried about 2 teams and you`re one of em.

Good Job UC! Yes i knew that UC is the only "unbeaten team in the entire state" and i hate to make this reference but The Patriots were the only unbeaten team in the entire NFL and they made it to the Super Bowl unbeaten and what happened thats right TOO CONFIDENT and lost but good job so far!!

I've said it once and i'll say it again...New England DID NOT lose the Super Bowl because they were overconfident...They lost because they could not block New York's front four...Period...

I've said it once and i'll say it again...New England DID NOT lose the Super Bowl because they were overconfident...They lost because they could not block New York's front four...Period...

Really? that the only reason!! they sure didn't worry about that during any interviews before the Super Bowl! but this is high school basketball different sport different level good job on UC's season Congrats and i hope ya'll might it to the Boro i would love to watch UC play GOOD LUCK!!

Great game tonight, Glad the Tornadoes pulled out the victory. Looking to go all the way. Lake Co. also has a good team but someone had to go home and someone advance, that's the way it is in the best district in the state with so many teams and only two move on. The only bad thing that I heard tonight was from a Lake Co. Fan saying the Coach Whitby needs to go. You have to remember he is a very good coach and has brought LC back. He did all he can do from the sidelines, it still comes down to the players making free throws and not fowling out of a do or die game...Let's go UC

Well I went to see all the tornatic activity I`ve been hearing about all year. First of all I could tell they weren`t on the first half missing so many lay-ups and MJ got off to a slow start as well, but I`m not so sure LC didn`t cause alot of that "slow start". I must say I felt right at homeas I sat on the UC side (no particular reason). The UC faithful shared info and stories w/ me all night (I was wearing a DC cap). I met some nice ppl. But I was amazed that UC plays the same style of ball as DC. I think DC is a little quicker but I can`t comment on the shooting because I do believe they had an off night. Was impressed by MJ. Got off to a slow start but he never got down and made it happen when it counted. Not sure who #3 was, but was impressed w/ him too.

LC is a very good team. Their bigs run the floor as well as any I`ve seen in a long time. I do believe the refs and the scorers table had a mixup on fouls when they sat #21 down with 5 fouls, think they had his fouls confused w/ #23`s. If they had made free throws may have been a diff outcome.

EVERYBODY LISTEN UP. I PROMISE I WILL DO MY BEST TO NEVER GRIPE ABOUT THE REFS AT DC AGAIN. THESE GUYS WERE SIMPLY UNREAL! BOTH ENDS!

Congrats to UC on their win and to LC for a great year. It should make you feel good when a dominant team is worried about 2 teams and you`re one of em.

Lake County's Geanes and Avery are the two best shot blockers in the district...There may not be a better pair outside of Memphis on the same team...They are completely in Union City's heads when they go for lay-ups..I don't know how many lay-ups Union City missed because they were simply afraid to go up hard...UC also missed quite a few free throws as well as LC..You expect it from LC but not from some of the players that missed for UC...LC dared the Tornadoes to shoot from the outside and they missed their share but when they absolutely had to have a shot somebody stepped up and knocked it down....UC has now beaten LC with the score in the 50's,the 60's and now 70's...I think that proves UC is very adaptable...They just don't seem comfortable playing the Falcons but they are out of the way now and it's on to bigger and better things...AS for the deal Avery and Young...I thought the foul was called on Young...But Avery had four fouls on him at the time...Geanes got very lucky after picking up his 4th foul on the play right after when he pushed MJ out of bounds and they didn't put the 5th on him,instead calling the ball out on Brown....The two blocking calls on Brown were bogus too..He was no doubt set up for the charge both times...Both teams got away with over-the-back calls....The officiating was par for what we used to in this district...I saw the three best officials I have seen all year @ the UC/McKenzie game..I wish they had been here tonite....

Congrats to the Lake County Falcons...There are going to be at least five teams in the state tournament that are not as good you are....Whitby has a good game plan for Union City...

Speller...Classy post my friend.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Really? that the only reason!! they sure didn't worry about that during any interviews before the Super Bowl! but this is high school basketball different sport different level good job on UC's season Congrats and i hope ya'll might it to the Boro i would love to watch UC play GOOD LUCK!!

Whatever beavo5..In football if you don't block and tackle,you lose and NE didn't and lost...They have to be smarter than run their mouths in interviews..NYG did some mouthing too,they just manned-up and backed it up....Overconfidence is an excuse you can throw on something when you lose...And the Super Bowl and Memphis losing has absolutely nothing to do with Union City...If the players stay focused on their one goal this season they will come out the other end with what they want...People are also going to start all this it's hard to beat someone four times...Well,not if you are the better team it isn't...It's got to be more of a burden on Humboldt knowing they haven't beaten UC in Humboldt,in Union City or a neutral court.....

Good Luck Dyer County and Union City...It will be nice if both can be playing on Championship Saturday in The Boro!!!

Whatever beavo5..In football if you don't block and tackle,you lose and NE didn't and lost...They have to be smarter than run their mouths in interviews..NYG did some mouthing too,they just manned-up and backed it up....Overconfidence is an excuse you can throw on something when you lose...And the Super Bowl and Memphis losing has absolutely nothing to do with Union City...If the players stay focused on their one goal this season they will come out the other end with what they want...People are also going to start all this it's hard to beat someone four times...Well,not if you are the better team it isn't...It's got to be more of a burden on Humboldt knowing they haven't beaten UC in Humboldt,in Union City or a neutral court.....

Good Luck Dyer County and Union City...It will be nice if both can be playing on Championship Saturday in The Boro!!!

I agree with you... that it's hard to beat someone 4 times not exactly true it is tougher but it isn't any different you know your opponent very well by then! Good Luck to Union City and Dyer County.... it would be great to see both playing on Championship Saturday in The Boro!! GO WEST TN!!!

Mad props to the Falcons tonight!! It was a shame that one of the 2 had to go home with a loss tonight..Lake Co is no doubt a top 4 team in the state..LC had a great season and i wish the seniors on that team the best of luck..Their a great ball club with a great coach and have nothing to hold their heads down about..U got beat by the best team in 1a IMO...Now we need Union City to bring that substate to Union City..Congrats to the Tornadoes on a HUGE win tonight!

Great game tonight, Glad the Tornadoes pulled out the victory. Looking to go all the way. Lake Co. also has a good team but someone had to go home and someone advance, that's the way it is in the best district in the state with so many teams and only two move on. The only bad thing that I heard tonight was from a Lake Co. Fan saying the Coach Whitby needs to go. You have to remember he is a very good coach and has brought LC back. He did all he can do from the sidelines, it still comes down to the players making free throws and not fowling out of a do or die game...Let's go UC

NO METMAN COACH WHITBY IS THE BEST COACH LAKE COUNTY HAS EVER HAD THERE IN BASKETBALL... THEY JUST DID NOT HAVE MUCH BENCH THIS YEAR.... AND HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

I wanna offer my congrats to Lake County on such an outstanding season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They've taken UC to the mat for the third time now and came up short again, the Falcons have a talented team, but the Tornadoes are just a little better this season.

Whether people want to admit it or not, the State Tournament is going on right now in West TN.

Kinda like two years ago, once you get to the BORO- it'll be a cake walk /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Getcha Popcorn Ready for Thursday night /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />