Antioch vs. Franklin

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metro ballin, and all u other hott heads,

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE.

If you have watched both of these teams play u know how it should turn out......

THIS WILL BE A CLOSE GAME.

Yes, Antioch does have the inside advantage, but anyone will agree with me, franklin can shoot the 3 lights out and if they get hott then watch out antioch.

either way it will be close

franklin- 67

antioch-65

i only stayed for the first half of this game, and thats all i needed to see.

Franklin was man-handled from the opening tip.

Wow! I knew Antioch would win but WOW and OUCH. What a way to get sent home. Hang in there Franklin, you still have next year. I really do enjoy watching Franklin play. Is Williamson County that weak?

Wow! I knew Antioch would win but WOW and OUCH. What a way to get sent home. Hang in there Franklin, you still have next year. I really do enjoy watching Franklin play. Is Williamson County that weak?

No, Williamson County isn't that weak but Antioch HS is that strong. They should go far in The Boro.

IMHO, FHS has not utilized the post player talent this year which they have. After the District loss to Hillsboro, Coach J said that they shouldn't have to live by the 3 or die by it. And yet, he's used the same 4 out - one in rotating type offense ever sense he's been there. Thus, a team with post talent like Antioch can run over a team like FHS if their 3's aren't falling.

FHS should come back strong next year with all starters returning. Go Rebels! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Let me start off by saying Antioch was unreal last night. 78% shooting in the first half, 62% for the entire game. They never gave up second chance points and they dictated the flow of the game. Antioch dominated, and they deserve credit for doing so. Best of luck the rest of the way. That team seems to have all the pieces.As for Franklin. The loss hurts, anytime you get beat like that it stuns you a little bit. Franklin seemed a lttle overwhelmed last night and once the "Anioch Ball" got rolling it was all down hill. Overwhelmed might have been the key word, anyways, the Rebels got beat bad, and will have to figure out and think about why until the first game next season. (MAY BE GOOD MOTIVATION)The Future: I know these Franklin kids will not quit. Will they be dissapointed, sure, but If I know these kids they'll be itching to get better this off-season and they will all work hard so something like "last night" doesn't happen. They've got their top 8 juniors coming back and most likely a sense of urgency.Lets also not forget, (27-6) is a very good season. Another regular season undefeated district championship, and carrying the 54 game winning streak were all very good accomplishments, all accmplished with first year starters and a junior laden lineup. Congrats to the staff and players on a fine season. Who knows what next year will bring?

No, Williamson County isn't that weak but Antioch HS is that strong. They should go far in The Boro.IMHO, FHS has not utilized the post player talent this year which they have. After the District loss to Hillsboro, Coach J said that they shouldn't have to live by the 3 or die by it. And yet, he's used the same 4 out - one in rotating type offense ever sense he's been there. Thus, a team with post talent like Antioch can run over a team like FHS if their 3's aren't falling.FHS should come back strong next year with all starters returning. Go Rebels! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Way to be a man questioning a coach behind a screen name?

I was about to have some fun on this thread, but JH summed it all up, Antioch was unreal last night. Franklin seemed to be in awe of da Bears from the opening tip. The rebels never got in any kind of rhythm. Then after the Wells dunk it got ugly. Every shot was contested, if Wells was not blocking a shot, McAdoo was behind to erase a shot. Even Damon Girty had 3 or 4 blocks. The bench produced, defense was outrageous-this Antioch team could be deadly, just hope they remember one game at a time.

I was about to have some fun on this thread, but JH summed it all up, Antioch was unreal last night. Franklin seemed to be in awe of da Bears from the opening tip. The rebels never got in any kind of rhythm. Then after the Wells dunk it got ugly. Every shot was contested, if Wells was not blocking a shot, McAdoo was behind to erase a shot. Even Damon Girty had 3 or 4 blocks. The bench produced, defense was outrageous-this Antioch team could be deadly, just hope they remember one game at a time.

You are correct, if Antioch plays like that, they will not lose!

How did Brentwood, the fourth place team in 11AAA, keep it close with Antioch while Franklin got blown out? Franklin is by far better than B'wood so the results are surprising.

How did Brentwood, the fourth place team in 11AAA, keep it close with Antioch while Franklin got blown out? Franklin is by far better than B'wood so the results are surprising.

For one thing that was one of the worst and most embarrassing games i have ever seen franklin play in awhile. They all came out intimidated and scared. Brentwood kept it close because Antioch did not play with as near as much intensity as they did on Franklin and i figured that antioch knew they could probably beet brentwood and were saving up for franklin