Class A Sweet Sixteen

7asuperfan

Post who you think are gonna be the final 16 teams involved.

Region 1

Cloudland 1

University School 2

Region 2

3Harriman 2

4Wartburg 1

Region 3

5Temple 2

6Chatt Arts & Sciences 1

Region 4

7Pickett Co. 1

8Westmoreland 2

Region 5

9Eagleville 2

10Van Buren Co. 1

Region 6

11Moore Co. 2

12Culleoka 1

Region 7

13Humbolt 2

14Union City 1

Region 8

15Middleton 2

16Manassas 1

Now I've mostly just seen PC but we've played Wartburg, Temple, Van Buren Co. So those are about the only teams I have seen. Arts and Sciences has basically the same team they had last year. East is weak so I usually pick the upper seeds. Union City hasn't lost so you can't pick against them, Humbolt is right with them. Don't know much about the rest of the teams, going basically how it has been the last couple of years. Good luck everyone.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 1

Cloudland 1

University School 2

Region 2

3Harriman 2

4Wartburg 1

Region 3

5Temple 2

6Chatt Arts & Sciences 1

Region 4

7Pickett Co. 1

8Westmoreland 2

Region 5

9Eagleville 2

10Van Buren Co. 1

Region 6

11Moore Co. 2

12Culleoka 1

Region 7

13Humbolt 2

14Union City 1

Region 8

15Middleton 2

16Manassas 1

Now I've mostly just seen PC but we've played Wartburg, Temple, Van Buren Co. So those are about the only teams I have seen. Arts and Sciences has basically the same team they had last year. East is weak so I usually pick the upper seeds. Union City hasn't lost so you can't pick against them, Humbolt is right with them. Don't know much about the rest of the teams, going basically how it has been the last couple of years. Good luck everyone.

I can agree with but I am picking Lake Co. with the HUGE upset over UC though. I know I am about to get blasted for that but oh well

Region 1

Cloudland 1

University School 2

Region 2

3Harriman 2

4Wartburg 1

Region 3

5Temple 2

6Chatt Arts & Sciences 1

Region 4

7Pickett Co. 1

8Westmoreland 2

Region 5

9Eagleville 2

10Van Buren Co. 1

Region 6

11Moore Co. 2

12Culleoka 1

Region 7

13Humbolt 2

14Union City 1

Region 8

15Middleton 2

16Manassas 1

How can you say that you can't pick against Union City becasue they haven't lost, yet Nashville Christian has a record of 30-1 but you have Eagleville and Van Buren coming out of Region 5? I know people are using a weaker schedule, but despite that, in the Stength+Success, they are still 3rd in the state. Can Van Buren or Eagleville upset NCS, you better believe it. However, I just can't see it happening due to the fact that Charlie Anderson only needs one more win to get 1000, and I think those boys want to give it to him. With that win it would put NCS in sweet 16, thats why they'll be there. Good luck Eagels, get Charlie 1000!!!

How can you say that you can't pick against Union City becasue they haven't lost, yet Nashville Christian has a record of 30-1 but you have Eagleville and Van Buren coming out of Region 5? I know people are using a weaker schedule, but despite that, in the Stength+Success, they are still 3rd in the state. Can Van Buren or Eagleville upset NCS, you better believe it. However, I just can't see it happening due to the fact that Charlie Anderson only needs one more win to get 1000, and I think those boys want to give it to him. With that win it would put NCS in sweet 16, thats why they'll be there. Good luck Eagels, get Charlie 1000!!!

3rd in the state ON PAPER means NOTHING! Their schedule has them ranked as playing the 101st weakest schedule out of 108 teams in class A. I say the get beat by Van Buren. They are in no way the 3rd best team in the state, go play someone will ya! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Motivation for winning a game is advancing in the tournament so you can win the big one. Both Eagleville and VB has just as much motivation plus they are more talented. The balance of inside/outside game of these two teams will advance them in the tournament. Plus I have the feeling that they would like to win one for their coach also.

I can agree with but I am picking Lake Co. with the HUGE upset over UC though. I know I am about to get blasted for that but oh well

I agree with you here...UC could possibly be looking forward to Humboldt-UC IV and all of the pressure is on UC to remain undefeated...This is where they lost last year so we will see what happens...I'm saying LC by 2...

Because UC has played some of the toughest competition in the state, in all classes, and beat everyone of them. Nash Christ. hasn't played anyone, at all. Van Buren is a better team, and have played better teams than NC has. Union City is the real deal and I hope they lose to LC because that may be the only time they lose this season. I have to pick Eagleville to be in the sweet 16, they are on the other side of the bracket, that has nothing to do with NC's side of the region until finals, which the loser will still go to substate. I think VB is a really good team, but I guess they could have a bad night and lose. Regardless, NC will lose in substate to Culleoka or Moore Co. in substate, I know for a fact that those two teams are better than NC and played much better competition, their region is simply better.