COSBY VS CLOUDLAND

cosbybainen

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree that most of the time home court should be worth 8-10 points for the home team. BUT how can you say that you guys would have won BOTH of the last 2 games. The last regular season game we beat yall by around 30. As for all the traveling violations #34 walks every time she touches the ball and it didn't get called in the tourny game. I can't believe I am hearin UNAKA fans of all people complain about homecookin. I have seen teams 40 points better than unaka lose up there.

Bottom line if you don't want to be a victim of the Nest , win more games in your district tourny.

Your Right about the victim part however that stre......tching it quiet a bit with the statement about #34, she as well as others travel from time to time but it's a funny thing that the officials in the pre season contest and during the regular season everywhere else have all just been over looking her traveling, maybe the Rangers have a little home cooking going on everywhere they play? I'm glad you have called that to Coach Chamber's attention, I guess he has missed this over the last 2 seasons and now all the games she carried the Rangers in scoring are nullified becasue she has been traveling all this time and everyone else just missed it.

I wasn't aware that you attended the Ranger's games on a regular basis, I've been around for quiet a few games and yet to see a team 40pt's better than Unaka at least not the Ladies side so I guess that's what got the Boy's a state championship in 2004.......home cooking, na I don't think so. ......Cloudland cruised to victory tonight, their Team proved they wanted it and they took it to the Eagles Fair and square....... good Job Landers.....good luck in sub state.....Good Luck to the Eagles Next year..... It will be here before you know it!

Your Right about the victim part however that stre......tching it quiet a bit with the statement about #34, she as well as others travel from time to time but it's a funny thing that the officials in the pre season contest and during the regular season everywhere else have all just been over looking her traveling, maybe the Rangers have a little home cooking going on everywhere they play? I'm glad you have called that to Coach Chamber's attention, I guess he has missed this over the last 2 seasons and now all the games she carried the Rangers in scoring are nullified becasue she has been traveling all this time and everyone else just missed it.

I wasn't aware that you attended the Ranger's games on a regular basis, I've been around for quiet a few games and yet to see a team 40pt's better than Unaka at least not the Ladies side so I guess that's what got the Boy's a state championship in 2004.......home cooking, na I don't think so. ......Cloudland cruised to victory tonight, their Team proved they wanted it and they took it to the Eagles Fair and square....... good Job Landers.....good luck in sub state.....Good Luck to the Eagles Next year..... It will be here before you know it!

First of all congrats to the lady Landers they are a very good ball team! #15 is one heckuva player , she plays as hard as she can go from start to finish and runs her team on the floor very well , I was very impressed. Your post is very good at setting screens and running the pick n roll with the guards too , you guys will be tough to beat!

Didn't Unaka beat cloudland at Unaka this year. I would say cloudland is 40 points better than the rangers.

Trust me I have seen and played in(many years ago) my share of games at Unaka. The year you won your state title on the boys side we had yall down double digits in the second half of the substate game up there and then a magical coaches conference with the zebras turned things around. we weren't 40 points better that night but at least 10 and got beat by your homecookin.

I guess I'm just sayin quit whinning you get more than your share of homecookin on the creek.

I remember when Rockwood played at Unaka in a sectional game and the Rangers shot 32 free throws to Rockwood's 4. It was pretty evident that night that the Tigers weren't leaving Stoney Creek with a win. Although Unaka was still the better team that year, it just seemed funny to me that the home team shot 28 extra free throws.I love Unaka though, great atmosphere for high school basketball. I figure the crowd sitting right on top everyone intimidates a lot of perople, including the refs.

I remember when Rockwood played at Unaka in a sectional game and the Rangers shot 32 free throws to Rockwood's 4. It was pretty evident that night that the Tigers weren't leaving Stoney Creek with a win. Although Unaka was still the better team that year, it just seemed funny to me that the home team shot 28 extra free throws.I love Unaka though, great atmosphere for high school basketball. I figure the crowd sitting right on top everyone intimidates a lot of perople, including the refs.

I think you're referring to the 2004-05 team (but it might have been the junior season or 2003-04) when Unaka had two-time all-state center, 6'2" Julie Roberson; and four other all-star starters: Guards, Jessica Osborne and Renee Ensor; all-star wing, Coty Townsend; Danielle Ensor, also a multiple all-star. Lees McRae offered scholarships to the entire starting five. Two of them, Danielle and Coty accepted; Renee is a junior at Milligan College, and still playing. Julie, like Elizabethton's Michaela Pietrowski, had several opportunities for Division One, but made it clear that she wasn't interested.

The Cosby at Unaka game was similar to when Cosby played Hampton a few nights ago, except this time Cosby had the considerable size advantage at every position, except point guard, where Mikki Oliver was outstanding. The Lady Bulldogs surrounded Lyndsey Hall, but the Lady Eagles continued to get second, third, and even fourth opportunities to score; and lots of fouls on Hampton. Those multiple-shot possessions and the shocking free-throw disparity were Hampton's undoing.

I'm not trying to pick an argument. I stated in a couple other threads that the Lady Eagles, or any of the District One top four, could have won our Region.

Cloudland and Unaka split their regular season games this season, Unaka by five at home, Cloudland by five at Cloudland. It's difficult to see forty points there.

Very similar in regular season last year: Cloudland by five in Roan Mountain, Unaka by four at Unaka; again, very evenly matched. And two very familiar coaches. Cloudland swept the district and regional tournaments last season at Chuckey Doak, winning the District Final by five; and the next week at Chuckey Doak the Lady Highlanders won by thirteen in the regional title game.

The season before, 2006, Cloudland dominated, winning all three matchups.

And the season before that, Unaka swept the regular season, defeated Cloudland to win the District Championship. The next week the Lady Highlanders sent Unaka to Coalfield with the great second half comeback, ending Unaka's incredible thirty-one game winning streak. OUCH!.

But this is about Cloudland and Cosby, until the off-the-wall remarks about home-court advantage and point spreads.

Especially considering the officials are always brought in from neutral districts during sectional play, as they were last season at Oliver Springs, where Unaka lost by ten, and tonight in Roan Mountain, they will not be affiliated with Cloudland or Oliver Springs. There will be some bad calls, and for sure there will be some unpopular calls. If it's a "quick-whistle" game, Cloudland probably has the advantage with Brooke Hughes and Brittany Reece.

Tonight, Cloudland has three very good three-point shooters, plus Brooke Johnson, who can also hit the three, and take over a game with the dribble-drive. The Lady Highlanders also have a slight advantage in the paint.

Kayla Christopher will be the best player on the court, but Oliver Springs graduated a lot of size and leadership last year.

If either Christopher or Johnson is in foul trouble, all bets are off.