White House vs. Livingston Academy

BenStiller23

LA by 18. Sounded like WH had their football team out on the court. Gaines and the twins. Everybody knows that a bunch of football players can't beat a basketball team and vise-versa. Oh well congratulations Wildcats you deserved to be Region Champs. Expect a big crowd at home Monday. So get back and rest. What a big week this has been for LA basketball.

Congrats to WH advancing also. But it will be a little harder road for the Blue Devils. Playing Howard at their place will be very hard to get out of there with a win. But anythings possible. Good Luck

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA by 18. Sounded like WH had their football team out on the court. Gaines and the twins. Everybody knows that a bunch of football players can't beat a basketball team and vise-versa. Oh well congratulations Wildcats you deserved to be Region Champs. Expect a big crowd at home Monday. So get back and rest. What a big week this has been for LA basketball.

Congrats to WH advancing also. But it will be a little harder road for the Blue Devils. Playing Howard at their place will be very hard to get out of there with a win. But anythings possible. Good Luck

You should be right at home Monday night because the place will be ROCKING!!! It been far too long since we have had a big BOYS game at LA.

I guess everyone found out we were more than a one man team tonight although he will take over a game if needed!

Hope this brings all of LA's fans out of the woodwork like the 2005 FB run did! See you there!! Wear something BLUE!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

Another huge game for the Livingston Academy boys. Just want to say that as I figured would happen the big guy for Station camp did in fact spend most of his time running up and down, up and down, and LA took the lead early and never looked back. Got the running game going and made it look pretty easy for the most part after that. The gaurds at WH just were not on the same level as the LA gaurds in my opinion, and as I also thought Devon Ramsey was the GAME DECIDING FACTOR in this game. Defensively, with alot of help side, he done a great job against Gaines, and he also had a pretty good game offensively. Big game for Ramsey good job Devon. Also, TJ Smith (you know the one that was supposedly inconsistent and was not going to be a game deciding factor supposedly), well guess what he came to play tonight. Wh had to leave him open to cover the help on DUNN and he ate them alive...do not know how many he had but he had enough to be the dagger. Good job to COACH MELTON AND THE LA BOYS and good luck Monday night. Also good luck to White House though I personally would love to see 2 Region 4AA teams in the BORO...we will see though I guess. Good luck to all monday night.

who is the best team in the region now larrybird33, and how great was the white house D tonight? what about our 1 guard team? tj smith cant score either right? good luck at howard, youre gonna need in larrybird, and tell me, does crow taste better with salt and bbq or plain with pepper? go cats! thank you fans!!! thank you coach melton and coach jones!!! thank you to all the players!!!

Chase Dunn 23

Jeremy Mc 2

Kendall Melton 5

Will Peterman 2

Deven Ramsey 7

T.J Smith 16

Todd Smith 7

Clint West 8

one man team, right?

Dont ask SC coach for any defensive advice... they are a terrible defensive team.

And if you think LA is going to leave the big guy one on one in the post you are crazy. There will be no handling by any one person. LA will have to recover well from doubling down on the post, and WH will have to knock down some big outside shots to give the big man room to work.

All starting five's have experience at this point in the year. But WH stars are a senior laden group and have been through more situations and much bigger tournament games than LA. Playing tough teams does not give you big game experience. Playing big games does. And I did not say that LA did not have experience, but the edge in that category definitely goes to WH. By that same logic, I also made it sound like WH is not athletic, which would be a ridiculous claim. Just because I have not hailed LA for their glorious basketball prowess does not mean that I am bashing them. You guys need to calm down a bit.

YOUR RIGHT, THEY DIDNT LEAVE GAINES ONE ON ONE . EVERYTIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL THEY DOUBLED OR TRIPLED TEAMED HIM WHEN HE TOUCHED IT. IM NOT SURE IF WE HIT ANY 3'S TONIGHT TO GIVE GAINES MORE SPACE. MAYBE 1 OR 2. ALSO DIDNT SEEM TO HAVE CUTTERS TO THE HOOP WHEN GAINES WOULD BE DOUBLED. SOMEONE HAD TO BE OPEN SOMEWHERE. LIVINGSTON ACADEMY MUSTVE SHOT 70-75% IN THE FIRST HALF. THEY HAD ALOT OF WIDE OPEN SHOTS. BUT ITS NOT OVER TILL THE FATLADY SINGS. GO TO HOWARD AND TAKE CARE OF THE BALL AND TAKE GOOD SHOTS AND YOU CAN WIN LIKE YOU DID LAST YEAR.

1.YOUR RIGHT, THEY DIDNT LEAVE GAINES ONE ON ONE . EVERYTIME HE TOUCHED THE BALL THEY DOUBLED OR TRIPLED TEAMED HIM WHEN HE TOUCHED IT. IM NOT SURE IF WE HIT ANY 3'S TONIGHT TO GIVE GAINES MORE SPACE. MAYBE 1 OR 2. ALSO DIDNT SEEM TO HAVE CUTTERS TO THE HOOP WHEN GAINES WOULD BE DOUBLED. SOMEONE HAD TO BE OPEN SOMEWHERE.

2.LIVINGSTON ACADEMY MUSTVE SHOT 70-75% IN THE FIRST HALF. THEY HAD ALOT OF WIDE OPEN SHOTS.

3.BUT ITS NOT OVER TILL THE FATLADY SINGS. GO TO HOWARD AND TAKE CARE OF THE BALL AND TAKE GOOD SHOTS AND YOU CAN WIN LIKE YOU DID LAST YEAR.

1. It's called defense. A very good defense. Deven Ramsey and Jeremy McClearan did an outstanding job on Gaines, with help from TJ and Will.

2. No way LA shot that good in the first half. If LA would have shot the ball in the 2nd period like they did the first I would agree. But, they were stuck on 34 for at least 2 minutes of game time. They were also cool not cold beginning the 3rd period as well. Had it not been for the missed shots (they were good looks just not falling) LA wins by 30+. The reason for the wide open shots was great ball movement.

3. I would want White House to represent the region well and hope its not over.

well well well.....what did I tell you? Everybody on here will learn to listen to wildcat324 eventually. Where was that "lock-down" defense I got promised tonight? I didn't see very many disguises for their defenses either. White House got WHOOPED!! So much for a one man team. He his fair share of assistants tonight. Next time, White House players, think before speaking, and probably get a better scout for your scouting report cuz your defense was horrible. Leaving T.J. Smith for three? Are you kidding me? And just a couple times I wish all five players for WH would have guarded Dunn so he could shake every one of them. HOW? thats the next question. HOW did WH beat Station Camp? They are nothing compared to them. Oh well, thats off topic. But anyways, have fun on your trip to Howard. Try to keep your cheerleaders on their own side of the court cuz as we saw tonight, they obviously can't keep up with the rage of our cheerleaders. Nobody wants none of HOG-EYE. HEY HEY HEY, LET'S GO TO STATE.... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OH BY THE WAY.....GREAT PREDICTIONS ON THE GAME BENSTILLER......YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PURSUE A CAREER AT ESPN...