White House vs. Livingston Academy

BenStiller23

Im a Howard Hustlin Tiger and I just want to know what kind of team does white house has? We can play any style we can set up in the half court set, but we really like to run people out of the gym with our press. Our starting five is very athletic with guys who range from 6'2-6'6" and these kids can play. How good is WHite House i havent seen any film but they have a good record and to make it to the sweet 16 they have to be good

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a Howard Hustlin Tiger and I just want to know what kind of team does white house has? We can play any style we can set up in the half court set, but we really like to run people out of the gym with our press. Our starting five is very athletic with guys who range from 6'2-6'6" and these kids can play. How good is WHite House i havent seen any film but they have a good record and to make it to the sweet 16 they have to be good

gannes 6ft9 270

forwards 6ft8 & 6ft 8

gards 6ft5 6ft 3 very tall

Look. it was obvious that your cheerleaders were trying to show out. In the first half they pretty well stopped at half court with their tumbling. Once our guy cheerleader went down there and did his thing, they felt moved to send the whole battalion on our end. The funny thing was that, our guy cheerleader stopped at half court. Was it really necessary for your girls to come all the way down on our end, and run into our girls? NO IT WAS NOT. I have ABSOULUTELY NO SYMPATHY for your girls. They brought it on themselves by trying to show out. It was ignorant and uncalled for. Nobody went to DCA last night to watch a cheerleading competition, they went to watch LA win the Region. Don't try to defend your girls when they were the ones in the wrong. I WILL NOT back down on this subject so keep throwing crap at me if you feel the need to get stuff fed back. I can go all day long because as stated earlier, it was a pathetic excuse to show off. Accept the fact that we have a guy that can do what your girls do. We all have and we like it. It was your fault for the incident so shut up about it. wildcat324 is never wrong...

Couple points to make.

About the cheerleading incident, I'm glad that where you come from, the cheerleaders stay on their half of the court. But where we come from (and I do believe the game was played on a District 8 court), it is common for cheerleaders from all of our schools to tumble the full length of the floor. Showing off? Do you know how many cheerleaders like cheering for basketball? It is very few. Most of them just wait for the timeouts so they can get a chance to do something they actually like to do. And did LA once go over to them and ask them not to tumble over half court, or at least consider it? I highly doubt it. So if someone did indeed try to trip a girl and then cussed her out... THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR IT!!! Those are what we like to call assault charges and are punishable via the police. Situations like this should be handled by the cheerleading sponsors, both of whom should have been present. It is unfortunate that it escalated to the level it did, but intent to cause someone harm should never be condoned under any circumstance.

As for the WH fans crying? I am not a fan of their school teams, but from reading these posts, pretty much all of them have stated that they got beat by a team that played better basketball. Didn't see any excuses or anything, but I did see a lot of congratulations to a good LA team. But don't cheapen the victory by being bad winners. You were the better team Thursday night, and everyone on this thread knows it. Congratulations.

gannes 6ft9 270

forwards 6ft8 & 6ft 8

gards 6ft5 6ft 3 very tall

OK, well their starters are not that tall. But they do have decent size in the post with the big man in Gaines. WH is a solid team, no real stars. They did not play well during the region tournament, but they are a good team and beat Station Camp 2 out of 3 times because they are a BETTER team. They don't like to run as much, and would rather the game get decided in half court sets. If they play the way they are capable of, they can give Howard a good game. But on the road in the sectionals, even they know they will have to play next to perfect to move on.

I'm sure you really thought a post like this would "be the final post for this topic". Whatever!

I have been reading these posts all day and I have finally gotten enough of it. Both of these teams deserved to play in the finals last night. Livingston Academy played a great game and White House did not have their best game. That is the simple explanation for why Livingston Academy won. They no doubt are a very good basketball team. I don't think anyone is questioning that. White House is also a very good basketball team.

However, on the cheerleader subject, I have to say that I hope someone will speak to your male cheerleader about his actions. He started the "competition" last night by making a gesture toward our cheerleaders after he completed 2 or 3 back flips. Our cheerleaders do a lot of gymnastics during games. So do lots of other cheerleading squads in our district and around the state. Apparently that isn't the case in your district. At any rate, the incident referred to could have turned out very badly for our cheerleader. Unfortunately, and I'm pretty sure unintentionally, she ended up close to your cheerleaders after doing several back flips across the floor. Instead of saying something, moving out of the way, or simply catching her somehow, he decided to stick his foot out. I'm glad she wasn't injured. You should be too. Surely you don't truly mean that he should have tripped her and that he was only "defending himself"?????

And by the way, your cheerleader started the "competition" with that same little gesture at the girls' game at White House last Friday night.

MALE cheerleader? what? huh? you have got to be kidding me. Does he wear pigtails? who made the all tourney team?

yall should be fine

As for the WH fans crying? I am not a fan of their school teams, but from reading these posts, pretty much all of them have stated that they got beat by a team that played better basketball. Didn't see any excuses or anything, but I did see a lot of congratulations to a good LA team. But don't cheapen the victory by being bad winners. You were the better team Thursday night, and everyone on this thread knows it. Congratulations.

This was a BIG win for LA & we are so proud of our team. I think some of the talk now comes from before the game started when WH fans were saying Dunn was the only one could score, Gaines is the best & stuff like that. When your team proves people wrong.....You have to say I told you so just a little /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I do agree some stuff on here has been to much. You should be able to tell when the kids post(not LA players). Melton would have their butts if he caught them talking smack. I think it is over now....maybe. Good luck to White House.

Go Hogeye!!!!!

I think everyone should get over it and move on. This subject is quickly losing its appeal. Each team has another game to play. It's "do or die" now for everybody. If you gave it all you had, then you've got nothing more to say. Let's move on. Take your basketball, or your pom-poms (whichever applies) and go home. Get ready for Monday night.

You have lost your mind! We have played both of these teams and LA is head and shoulders above WHHS. LA will win this game by atleast 10 points. You are right in that Gaines will be a tough match up for LA if he is able to get back in transition. However WH has no answer for Dunn but then again not many do. Unless LA has a total collapse they will be hosting the substate game, you can write that down and scratch it out in blood! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How good is he?? I'm scaring MYSELF now!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />